Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap, reliable PC builders?

Options
  • 30-10-2015 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I've been searching for about a week now, I'm on like the 20th page of ''PC Builders'' on google, but I can't find any ones that will let me customize a PC and then build it for me, while not making me break the bank.

Whenever I find one that is cheap and looks somewhat reliable, they normally don't ship to Ireland or deal in a different currency, which means the exchange rates make my originally thought €800 build, amount to a €1200 build.

Anyone know any good websites that have cheap prebuilt PC's or customizable PC's, that ship to Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You'd save a lot of hassle building yourself, it isn't hard.

You might have a local boardsie willing to do it either.

Outside of that, sucking it up and paying the asking price is the best you can do if you've checked out 20 pages of google results.

Have you tried using a forwarding mailbox either? E.G. palcel motel, mailboxe.De or whatever its called, there's one for most countries if you look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

What specs are you looking for? Dabs have some excellent value pre-built machines, that are about €70 more than building yourself using the same parts. There are also a good few decent sellers on Ebay offering the same sort of prices. If you know where to look buying a pre-built Gaming PC doesn't have to be a ripoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Dirk Hardpeck

Blake1412 wrote: »
    I've been searching for about a week now, I'm on like the 20th page of ''PC Builders'' on google, but I can't find any ones that will let me customize a PC and then build it for me, while not making me break the bank.

Whenever I find one that is cheap and looks somewhat reliable, they normally don't ship to Ireland or deal in a different currency, which means the exchange rates make my originally thought €800 build, amount to a €1200 build.

Anyone know any good websites that have cheap prebuilt PC's or customizable PC's, that ship to Ireland?

These have some excellent prices.

http://stores.ebay.ie/thepccustomiser/

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Blake1412

What specs are you looking for? Dabs have some excellent value pre-built machines, that are about €70 more than building yourself using the same parts. There are also a good few decent sellers on Ebay offering the same sort of prices. If you know where to look buying a pre-built Gaming PC doesn't have to be a ripoff.

I'm looking for a mid - high'ish level build. Something like a high range 13 or low range i5, along with a gtx 950 up to a 970. My budget is currently €850 max.

I checked out dabs, their pretty good, considering ordering from them. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Blake1412

These have some excellent prices.

Wow, they are shockingly low, I can get a 970 with an i5-4460 for €800.

Seems a bit too good to be true though, haven't checked postage prices and such, but I'll look into them further. Thanks for your suggestion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement