Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank details mess up

Options
  • 30-10-2015 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭

Signed up with a company for a service in early October. Signed up to pay by direct debit. First payment came out last week correct amount was taken.

Logged into banking today and a bigger amount was taken from same company. Rang up to see what story was and they could not see the charge on my account.

Gave my account number and they said my bank details were also on another account.

Back when it was due to be installed got a call to say installer will be with you tomorrow this was week earlier than we were told. Then on day installer rang and said was outside and I said your not. Ended up he was other side of country.

So I rang company and they said it was mix up with numbers. I asked was there a mix up with bank accounts and was told no. So got installed a week later and though all was ok until today.
    They are investigating but is there government agency I can bring this up with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭MarieOC

Ring your bank. Tell them that direct debit was incorrectly applied to your account; they have a process to reclaim this amount probably a letter or email with details needed. (happened to me before where I ended up paying someone else's mobile bill one month as they'd given the wrong account number - PTSB had the money back in my account within a week)

Advertisement