Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 6 | Episode 4 | Here's Not Here [AMC] [SPOILERS]

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

I can't say I'm a fan of the inconsistent cinematography they come up with now and then that lasts a single episode. It was the random black and white scenes before, this episode it was blurry edges of the screen. Cool.

The blurryness related to Morgans PTSD and the black and white was done so the audience weren't getting confused weather they were watching past and present scenes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Aenaes wrote: »
    The back door of that prison house is probably not even locked. Wolf guy will get out, kill some Alexandrians, Morgan will come upon him, lean upon his stick and sigh, Wolf guy shrugs his shoulders then Morgan knocks him out with a little flick of the stick.

He's definitely going to get out. I didn't understand locking the door at all. There are loads of glass windows and no bars! He may as well have just left the door wide open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Can I ask where I can see all the webisodes from the walking dead and fear the walking dead?
    In this thread. First one is post 113.

The blurryness related to Morgans PTSD and the black and white was done so the audience weren't getting confused weather they were watching past and present scenes

I know

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    In this thread. First one is post 113.

Legend
    I know

Well you used the word random, I wouldn't call them random when they had a clear aim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

One of the best episodes ever in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

I enjoyed the episode as a whole and I think that Eastman was a fascinating character (wasnt expecting that he really had starved the guy!), it just drives me nuts when a huge cliffhanger is left hanging in space like that and not addressed in the next episode. It makes me lose interest tbh. They used to do it in Lost all the time and I think it loses the suspense to have so much time and content between the cliffhanger and the reveal.

That said, I did like this episode, bit cheesy and karate kid like alright, but I quite enjoy small storylines off the main storyline - particularly when the acting is good - although I thought Eastman carried that, Morgan is a bit too ensconced in the William Shatner school of over acting and pained facial expressions for me.

I was a bit confused about the Wolf Morgan was shouting at? Where did he come from and where were they? Was he leaving him there to starve? Can "take no life" be twisted to mean "leave someone to starve - youre not actually killing him but youre not stopping him from dying".

I was a bit confused about the Wolf Morgan was shouting at? Where did he come from and where were they? Was he leaving him there to starve? Can "take no life" be twisted to mean "leave someone to starve - youre not actually killing him but youre not stopping him from dying".
    They had fought in the house in the previous episode when the wolves attacked Alexandria. Previous to that Morgan and that same Wolf had met in the forest when the Wolf tried to Rob and kill Morgan. But he let him go.
    I can't see him leaving the Wolf to starve. He's going to get out and kill probably one of the children like he said he would and it's probably at this point Morgan will have to kill him. That would seem the most likely thing to happen.

They had fought in the house in the previous episode when the wolves attacked Alexandria. Previous to that Morgan and that same Wolf had met in the forest when the Wolf tried to Rob and kill Morgan. But he let him go.
    I can't see him leaving the Wolf to starve. He's going to get out and kill probably one of the children like he said he would
    and it's probably at this point Morgan will have to kill him. That would seem the most likely thing to happen.
    Imagine the sh!t storm it would cause if he killed Judith :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I can actually see that happening to be honest

• Advertisement

Legend

Well you used the word random, I wouldn't call them random when they had a clear aim.

Used in a single episode, never to be seen again. I find it jarring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Imagine the sh!t storm it would cause if he killed Judith :eek:

He will kill or attack the last person that last argued with Rick or somebody to prove ricks point about X, its happened a few times this season already, its fine portraying the two different paths people can take in the Walking Dead world but make the way of Rick seem a little less like its preordained.
    Actually liked this episode but it was a shame they killed off the bald guy that way, I mean its in no way interesting when it happens now and it felt like really lazy writing.
    Was nice to see some decent acting though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

That was a filler episode if ever I saw one.

I didnt find the backstory interesting in any way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Found this post on one of the forums. Essentially a countdown of some fan's favourite episodes! Reading down through it you cant help going on to youtube and rewatching lots of scenes!

67. 1-04Vatos. Lame. The only two good parts are Abuela, and Daryl throwing Merle's hand at that Vato. Amy dies because somebody didn't change the toilet paper.
    66. 4-12 Still. On its own, not the worst episode in the world. Slow, yes, but not the worst. However, I credit it with it igniting the fangirling shipping wars that has an unbelievable number of people believing that a person can survive having a large part of their brain blown out of their head.
    65. 3-13 Arrow on the Doorpost. Just a waste of time. Andrea says stupid **** in a condescending way, Rick passes up a golden opportunity to KILL the governor and save innumerable lives, and NOTHING useful happens, aside from setting up these mad rhymes with Rick Grimes: "he said he'd leave us alone... If I gave him Michonne."
    64. 2-04 Cherokee rose. During a TWD marathon, this is the one where you can run to Dairy Queen to pick up a Blizzard, because nothing happens. Well, nothing good. It was the beginning of Glaggie-- the death of Season 1 Glenn.
    63. 5-04 Slabtown. Beth bottle episode. The good news: she doesn't sing. The bad news: she hums. Also, she's in a weird and f*cked up place.
    62. 1-06 TS19. A few problems, with this episode, I have. (I am Jedi Master Yoda.) first off, too much damn information. We shouldn't know what's going on in France. We shouldn't know the mechanics of the virus. It was too tidy-- the group arrives at a building less than 24 hours before said building becomes a fuel-air bomb. And, the elephant in the room. The ****ING STUPID Andrea suicidal arc. The beginning of TV Andrea's downfall from the epic character she was in the comic to the ****ty, lame, useless character she was on tv. (Come at me, Internet!)
    61. 3-03 Walk with me. Merle is alive. Neat. The rest of this episode bores me.
    60. 2-11 Judge Jury Executioner. Meh. Dale is killed off for ****ty reasons, in a ****ty way, which makes people think Carl is a little ****. Also, they don't kill Randall, again. fffffffFFFFFUUUUUC--('splosion)
    59. 2-06 Secrets. My two least favorite characters go for some recreational Walker shooting in what the extraordinary visionary (pfft) Glen Mazzara would call a nod to the comics' Wiltshire estates. Also, they bang. Also, Glenn has a lot on his plate.
    58. 3-05 say the word. Everyone is scrambling to care for a newborn psychopathic baby. Except for the father of said baby-- he's too busy losing his ****.
    57. 2-09 triggerfinger. Lori drives like a woman. Shane is a dickhead in general. Glenn freezes in a gunfight as a result of Glaggie. Rick saves Randall. None of this is any good.
    56. 3-16 Welcome to the tombs. The governor's first attack is a cop-out and a letdown. Carl kills a kid, some say in self defense, some say in cold blood. I say it was justified, but f*ck it, Jody had it coming for attacking them in the first place. -_-
    55. 3-11 I ain't a judas. Andrea goes to the prison and learns what a f*cking psychopathic asshole the governor is... Then goes back to Woodbury and bangs him again, and doesn't kill him. What. The. ****.
    54. 1-05 Wildfire. Alright episode. Jim's death was sad. But then they went and found the stupid cdc. Which even Kirkman admits he regrets.
    53. 3-13 Prey. Andrea sucks at escaping the governor and ends up taped to a chair.
    52. 5-07 Crossed. The group begins their assault on the cross cops. Setup.
    51. 1-02 Guts. Highlights: season 1 Glenn being awesome. Meeting Wayne Dunlap. The guts scene. Lowlights: TV Andrea being TV Andrea.
    50. 2-02 Bloodletting. Decent episode. Not much to say.
    49. 1-03 Tell it to the Frogs. Rick's feels-heavy reunion with Lori and Carl. Carl was like "yaaaay!" Lori was like, "yaaaa-- oh, ****."
    48. 2-05 Chupacabra. Daryl has a really ****ty day, including getting shot in the head by Andrea for no effing reason whatsoever.
    47. 5-10 Them. Everyone is depressed after Beth and Tyreese's deaths. Daryl burns himself with cigarettes. Meh. But then there's a feel good moment when the group holds barn doors shut.
    46. 3-10 home. Axel is killed for no reason whatsoever. Dammit.
    45. 4-06 and 4-07 governor bottle episodes. They're alright episodes in and of themselves, but I just wasn't terribly interested in them, because I think we all know it was just setting up 4-08.
    43. 5-05 Self Help. We learn that Eugene likes to watch Rosita and Abraham bang. Also, he's not really a sign-tist. 42. 2-01 what lies ahead. Good opener. Sophia getting lost. Carl getting shot. The only letdowns for me are the church-- intelligent walkers aren't cool, and Andrea fumbling with the Glock. Seriously. To me, that's like watching somebody struggle to put Tupperware into a cabinet on a commercial for something that's $19.99. Seriously. A Glock is the easiest gun-- perhaps the easiest THING-- to assemble, in the world. I could walk into a foreign country, find somebody who doesn't speak a word of English, show them how to disassemble a Glock ONE TIME, and chances are they'd be able to put it back together. Not "hmm. The unloaded magazine. That probably magically connects to the barrel somehow. /rant.
    41. 3-06 Hounded. Rick talks to ghosts. Andrea gets boned by another psychopath, because she's such an interesting and realistic character that I can't read the beginning half of this sentence without laughing. Merle kills Garjulio, AKA Neil, and captures Glaggie-- likely because he too is annoyed at how much cooler Glenn used to be. Also, Carl and Daryl share a heart-to-heart about dead moms.
    40. 3-02 Sick. Ermagherd! Hershel almost died! Also, Carl tells Lori what we were all thinking. And Rick performs his first of two iconic machete kills.
    39. 5-06 Consumed. Many Caryl moments. A terrible van stunt. Carol gets captured.
    38. 3-09 Suicide King. Merle and Daryl put on a WWE fake wrestling match for Ms Mcleod's enjoyment. Rick does not approve, so kills several Woodburites, but Oscar also dies. Dammit. Hines Ward makes a cameo as a walker. Ben and Allen continue to be asshats. As such, Rick throws their asses out, along with Tyreese and Sasha for having known them.
    37. 4-13 Alone. Fangirls claw at their TV screens as Daryl sleeps in a coffin while Beth sings for him. The rest of us claw at our ears, for the same reason.
    36. 4-03 isolation. Bare-knuckle prison boxing. Rick wins. Carol admits to setting Karen and David on fire-- also, the group needs more gasoline.
    35. 2-13 beside the dying fire. Epic action sequences. The barn dies. Everyone is infected. Welcome to the Rictatorship, bitches.
    34. 2-03 Save the last one. Rick and Lori talk about why it's worth it to struggle to survive. Shane becomes INshane. Otis dies. Daryl reads some amazing poetry.
    33. 5-08 Coda. Rick runs over a cop and shoots him in the head. Beth gets shot in the head, but it's okay. People survive having half their brains blown out all the time.
    32. 4-10 Inmates. Quick check-in with the group members who are scattered after the fall of the prison. Lizzie reveals how effing insane she is. Carol saves Judith without knowing it. Beth flips-off Daryl. Maggie says "Glenn" a lot. Glenn says "Maggie" a lot. Tara calls all the viewers assholes. Eusitaham is introduced.
    31. 3-07 when the dead come knocking. Some crazy lady with a sword knocks on the door. The group lets her in, because she has baby formula. Merle fails to interrogate Glenn, because in spite of Glaggie, he's still a badass. The governor continues to be a creep, and Andrea continues to bang him.
    30. 4-15 Us. Bosha have moments. Glaggie is reunited. Daryl grows into the Claimers.
    29. 4-02 infected. The sickness arc really begins. Lizzie shows the first signs of being effin' crazy. Tyreese's new girlfriend is hot-- but that's a side-effect of being stabbed in the head, covered in gasoline, and set on fire.
    28. 5-09 What happened and what's going on. Tyreese dies and has several crazy hallucinations. Lizzie returns to kill Bitch Carol.
    27. 2-10 18 miles out. I don't like Shane. I'm fairly certain anybody who has ever strolled across this forum is aware of that. But this was a good episode. Obviously, I would have preferred it had Rick blown Shane and Randall's brains out, but Y'know. That's like, "why didn't Gandalf just have the eagles fly Frodo to Mordor?
    26. 3-01 Seed. Solid opener. That opening scene is cool. Plus, we meet Axel, and Hershel gains an advantage in potato sack racing.
    25. 3-08 Made to Suffer. Some of the prison group goes to break Glaggie out of prison. Michonne pisses off the governor, a lot. Carl saves Tyreese's group-- unwittingly saving Ben in the process. The woodberries capture Daryl, leading to a cliffhanger sure to keep the fangirls on edge.
    24. 5-12 Remember. Rick shaves his beard and meets this stupid bitch. Richonne is put on hold. The rest of the group begins to (try) to adapt to the asz.
    23. 4-04 Indifference. Rick and Carol meet Sam and Anna. Rick kicks out Carol. Daryl, Bob, Tyreese, and Michonne go on a run for meds and alcohol.
    22. 4-01 30 days without an accident. Beth's got a new boyfriend... And he's dead. Carl isn't allowed to have a gun because Hershel is a biased witness. Patrick isn't doing so good.
    21. 5-13 forget. Carol becomes the Cookie Monster. Daryl and Aaron bond. There is a party.
    20. 3-15 This Sorrowful Life. Merle sacrifices himself to kill most of the governor's army. Like a badass.
    19. 5-14 Eugene becomes a badsss. Aiden and Noah die. Abe meets Francine. Tensions rise between Rick and Porch Dick Pete.
    18. 2-07 Pretty much dead already. Awesome midseason finale. Finding out about Sophia like that was just horrible-- but I mean that in the best of ways. This show is confusing.
    17. 5-02 the group meets Father Gabriel. Rick gives Carl the "You are not safe" speech. Gabriel's gonna burn for something. Bob wanders off for unknown reasons, gets captured and is surprised to hear he tastes much better than Gareth thought he would. That Gareth speech was epic.
    16. 5-11 The distance. The group meets Aaron. He doesn't like applesauce. He takes them to the asz. On the way, Glenn plows through a herd of walkers and Rick shoots one in the face with a flare gun. Outside the gates, Richonne HAPPENS.
    15. 2-08 Nebraska. The title says it all. The first time Rick realized his true potential. Bad. Ass.
    14. 2-12 Better angels. Rick gives a speech to Carl which becomes relevant sooner than either of them would've liked. Also, Rick F*CKING PWNS Shane. Boom. Dead. Brought a gun to a knife fight, and lost. I prefer comic Shane's death, but this is still great.
    13. 1-01 Days Gone Bye. The one that started it all, and the only really awesome episode from season 1. It was amazing, how we saw the world and learned about it through Rick's eyes. Meeting Morgan. Meeting Glenn. Meeting Bicycle Walker. And that iconic set of doors, covered in creepy black paint which read, "don't dead. Open inside." Whatever that means.
    12. 4-11 Claimed. Rick looks at Michonne's ass. Carl and Michonne have a heart-to-heart and find crazy cheese. Rick meets and pisses off the Claimers. Also, Glenn and Tara learn that the key to humanity's survival rocks a mullet and can't use a gun.
    11. 5-03 Four walls and a roof. Bob tells the hunters what they're eating. Gabriel tells the group what he's gonna burn for. Rick and friends kill the Hunters.
    10. 5-15 Try. ****ty music is played in remembrance of Aiden, who liked ****ty music. Carl and Enid bond. As do Rick's fists and Pete's face.
    9. 4-08 Too Far Gone. Great MSF. Epic speech by Rick, epic gunfight, and the governor finally got what he should've got in season 3.
    8. 4-05 Internment. The explosive finale of the sickness arc. Carl and Rick mowing down walkers like nobody's business. Hershel brings back his infinite ammo shotgun. And, for once, TWD picks a song which ends up on my iPhone. Ben Howard -Oats In the Water.
    7. 4-14 The Grove. Want to have fun? Go on YouTube and type in "walking dead grove reactions." An INSANE comic moment, and the episode that catapulted Carol to badassery.
    6. 4-09 After. I'm a Carl fan. This is Carl's best episode to date. He speaks his mind (and sort of mine) about Farmer Rick, then at the end realizes that though Rick isn't (or at least, wasn't at the time) perfect, he'd rather die than live without him. And then when Michonne found them... FEELINGS!!
    5. Clear. Just an awesome episode. It had Morgan in it. His speeches were epic, and he sold the role of "totally bat**** insane" better than the likes of Martin Riggs or H. M. Murdock ever did. I could pretty much stop there, but I won't. It was the very first episode with a Richonne moment. Also, it had Morgan in it. It was kind of funny when Carl shot Morgan-- did I mention Morgan was in this episode. Also, the first episode where Carl and Michonne bonded. Plus, Morgan was in it. So, there's that.
    4. 5x01 No Sanctuary. Just awesome. Non-stop epicness. Badass Carol's Rambolness. Badass Rick's brutality. Many manly tears shed in happy reunions. The only downsides are Mary's monologue and Tyreese officially being a dumbass in it. But the good far outweighs the bad.
    3. 3-04 Killer Within. It had Axel in it, which is always a plus in my book. And Oscar's badass moment when he saved Rick and then handed his gun back like a boss... Oh, and Lori's death remains, for me, the most emotional moment from the show so far. Carl having to put her down, the flashback to Rick's speech, and then Rick's reaction to the news. :(
    2. 4-16 A. Imo, the best regular-length finale ever. The Claimers scene was effin' brutal, and straight outta the comics. Rick straight-up bit a dude's throat out, and then gutted a would-be pedophile alive. That was the moment when, "yeah, but, they can't do that on TV" stopped being a factor in my speculation of this show. The terminus cliffhanger pissed me all the f*ck-off at the time, but was pretty cool looking back on it.
    1. 5-16 Conquer. Yes, it was 90 minutes, which is simply cheating. That being said, here's a highlight reel: Morgan is a ninja, and has a bostaff to prove it. And he saved Daryl and Aaron in epic fashion. Carol continues to be awesome. Rick shoots a porch dick dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Thought that was the worst episode in a good while, possibly ever, just didn't grab me at all. Nodded off a couple of times during it too, haven't done that before.

One thing that annoyed me was the way Morgan was able to use his machine gun to wallop lads in the head. He flung it around like it was a feather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Lots of powerful messages in the episode.

Morgan and Eastmans logic is flawed though. His community consisted of two people and a goat and he couldn't even keep them safe. No way this will work on a larger community which I think we will see with Morgan later on. Evident at the end of the episode when it shows the wolf member. Rick and the group really represent well the kill or be killed society. Morgan will kill I imagine but does this mean that he will turn insane again?

The goat being tied up outside being vulnerable to the walker symbolises the life of the survivors. Shows the situation they are in well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

There is a Facebook page called Ric Flair was there and it involves people photoshopping Ric Flair (the wrestler) into various points in history.

This one cropped up on my page today and gave me a chuckle.

To be the man, you gotta eat the man. :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

When Eastman let Dallas starve how come he didn't turn? I thought everyone was infected, or was it cause they where in the woods they where safe?

pc7 wrote: »
    When Eastman let Dallas starve how come he didn't turn? I thought everyone was infected, or was it cause they where in the woods they where safe?

The outbreak may not have occurred yet. Eastman said he went back to Atlanta to turn himself in and discovered that outbreak then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I thought it was a great piece of story telling.

Yes, the shoulder charge could have been done better, but the point still stands, Morgans hesitation gets people killed.

I put Glenn's situation to the back of my mind, and Ricks "Open the gate!" Just renewed my excitement for next week.

I came to the conclusion that Eastman killed yer man before the outbreak, that he was the first body buried there, and he continued doing so to show that he still saw the humanity that remained, after they turned into monsters.

Eastman built his cabin in the woods off the grid. He somehow managed to get the psycho to his cabin. It took 47 days for the psycho to starve to death. Eastman then tried to turn himself in, only to find that the world had gone to sh"t. The guy turned before everyone was infected.

Eastman built his cabin in the woods off the grid. He somehow managed to get the psycho to his cabin. It took 47 days for the psycho to starve to death. Eastman then tried to turn himself in, only to find that the world had gone to sh"t. The guy turned before everyone was infected.

that makes no sense?? if the world had gone to sh!t before he could turn himself in that means the outbreak had already occured. The prisoner would have already carried the virus like everyone else and his death would have triggered his turning like all deaths to all human beings does. Unless he decided to hand himself in after a considerbly length of time after the death??

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

that makes no sense?? if the world had gone to sh!t before he could turn himself in that means the outbreak had already occured. The prisoner would have already carried the virus like everyone else and his death would have triggered his turning like all deaths to all human beings does. Unless he decided to hand himself in after a considerbly length of time after the death??

It makes perfect sense.

People all over the world were dying, but not being infected until something unexplained happened. It could be that the infection hadn't reached them in the wilderness by then. It could be that he was infected but hadn't turned before he was buried. It could also be that he died before the outbreak, but by the time Eastman had come to terms with things and handed himself in that the outbreak occurred.

5starpool wrote: »
    It makes perfect sense.

People all over the world were dying, but not being infected until something unexplained happened. It could be that the infection hadn't reached them in the wilderness by then. It could be that he was infected but hadn't turned before he was buried. It could also be that he died before the outbreak, but by the time Eastman had come to terms with things and handed himself in that the outbreak occurred.

Thats what i mean......Eastman must have delayed his turning in. ( which i said in the post you replied to!) He said the world had gone to **** already when he went to turn himself in. where he was would have definitely been contaminated (the air i mean) if when he left the cabin and went to turn himself in somewhere he found out it was hit by zombies. which means the area where he was handing himself in was already hit by the pandemic which presumably was close enough to his cottage.

im overthinking this �� i imagine he buried him before he turned more likely!

Thats what i mean......Eastman must have delayed his turning in. ( which i said in the post you replied to!) He said the world had gone to **** already when he went to turn himself in. where he was would have definitely been contaminated (the air i mean) if when he left the cabin and went to turn himself in somewhere he found out it was hit by zombies. which means the area where he was handing himself in was already hit by the pandemic which presumably was close enough to his cottage.

im overthinking this �� i imagine he buried him before he turned more likely!

You do tend to overthink things it seems :pac:

That's not the only option imo. We still don't know what seemingly caused every person on the planet to be infected simultaneously seemingly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

5starpool wrote: »
    You do tend to overthink things it seems :pac:

That's not the only option imo. We still don't know what seemingly caused every person on the planet to be infected simultaneously seemingly.

Do we know if the whole world is the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭tnegun

The guy in the CDC said something about the french being one of the last places he had contact with and that they where close to a cure so I guess its global.

Do we know if the whole world is the same?

We know nothing at all about it aside perhaps from that snippet about the French. it's reasonable to infer that it is worldwide though, but I doubt we'll ever know. I was hoping that FTWD might help in that regard, but it showed diddly squat of it unfortunately.

The premise that all living people are already infected with the zombie virus was introduced in Season 1, during the visit to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, where the lone remaining CDC scientist—Edwin Jenner—informed Rick,of this fact. (However, Rick didn’t tell the rest of the group—and thus the audience—this particular tidbit of information until the end of Season 2.)

The premise that all living people are already infected with the zombie virus was introduced in Season 1, during the visit to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, where the lone remaining CDC scientist—Edwin Jenner—informed Rick,of this fact. (However, Rick didn’t tell the rest of the group—and thus the audience—this particular tidbit of information until the end of Season 2.)

Ya but you dont know at what point everyone got infected and how long it took to spread, was it worldwide in an instance or did it take days weeks etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

That's what the previous poster was referring to with the 'france' tidbit, it was Jenner who mentioned France.

Ya but you dont know at what point everyone got infected and how long it took to spread, was it worldwide in an instance or did it take days weeks etc

details that exact haven't been reveled afaik.

details that exact haven't been reveled afaik.

Ya thats why we dont know if starved dude woulda or shoulda turned.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

He seemed to bury the walkers he killed instantly so if that's the case with the guy he starved then he may have turned but was already 6ft under at the time

SillyBeans wrote: »
    He seemed to bury the walkers he killed instantly so if that's the case with the guy he starved then he may have turned but was already 6ft under at the time

thats what I think is the most logical thing. how long does it take to reanimate for someone who dies of a non bite natural death?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭tnegun

Minutes to hours doesn't seem to be a fixed or predictable time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Ok I don't think the Walking Dead is really a show you should try apply too much scientific/rational thinking too.
    Even taking the given as all zombie stuff does that there is some mysterious motive force that makes the dead reanimate and attack, unlike World War Z there doesn't seem to be any thinking about the fact that pretty soon the zombies will all decay into uselessness (there is more decayed zombies in later seasons but not the 95% all decayed to bits like it should be) its basically a waiting game if any real world biology is applied, its about 550 days from day zero in the show so the numbers active should start getting really low soon, they won't though because waiting behind a big set of walls till they all rot would be boring (I mean they haven't even worked out that maybe always being in or directly beside woods isn't a good idea when you've an enemy who's only risk is sneaking up on you and biting you :mad: )

In relation to the fact that everybody is infected with the zombie virus it makes sense that the psyco wasn't infected, an airborne virus AFAIK still requires fairly close contact and all the non isolated people would have been close too either zombies or those in close contact with zombies, if the virus was dormant before the outbreak there would have been reports of dead people reanimating in a slow lead up time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Ok I don't think the Walking Dead is really a show you should try apply too much scientific/rational thinking too.
    Even taking the given as all zombie stuff does that there is some mysterious motive force that makes the dead reanimate and attack, unlike World War Z there doesn't seem to be any thinking about the fact that pretty soon the zombies will all decay into uselessness (there is more decayed zombies in later seasons but not the 95% all decayed to bits like it should be) its basically a waiting game if any real world biology is applied, its about 550 days from day zero in the show so the numbers active should start getting really low soon, they won't though because waiting behind a big set of walls till they all rot would be boring (I mean they haven't even worked out that maybe always being in or directly beside woods isn't a good idea when you've an enemy who's only risk is sneaking up on you and biting you :mad: )

In relation to the fact that everybody is infected with the zombie virus it makes sense that the psyco wasn't infected, an airborne virus AFAIK still requires fairly close contact and all the non isolated people would have been close too either zombies or those in close contact with zombies, if the virus was dormant before the outbreak there would have been reports of dead people reanimating in a slow lead up time.

To quote yourself.....
    But you did anyway lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I can't watch this show. It's good tv but some of the idiotic things that smart or well-trained people do completely removed me from the episode.
    You're telling me that after days in the cell, Morgan never realised the door was open all that time. And when the older guy tried to save Morgan from the zombie, he doesn't use the fcuking weapon and eliminate the threat immediately?

It drives me insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The way Eastman died was stupid, the guy was skilled as **** and yet pushed himself right into the zombie's path, he could easily have pushed the zombie instead and why didn't he have a proper fence to protect his goat? Didn't make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

siblers wrote: »
    The way Eastman died was stupid, the guy was skilled as **** and yet pushed himself right into the zombie's path, he could easily have pushed the zombie instead and why didn't he have a proper fence to protect his goat? Didn't make sense.

It was a dumb move, however was Eastman sacrificing himself for Morgan....life being precious and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

It was a dumb move, however was Eastman sacrificing himself for Morgan....life being precious and all.

Yeah, he was willing to sacrifice himself but he didn't have to. I think they could have come up with a better (more plausible) way for him to die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Yeah, if Morgan had somehow grappled with Eastman when he tried to shove him out of the way (Morgan being in the daze, Eastman grabs him so Morgan's "clearing" instinct takes over to fight back) ending up with both of them on the ground resulting in the zombie biting Eastman.

Advertisement