Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Cup Final 2015 Cork City v Dundalk 8th November k.o. 3.30pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

DDC1990 wrote: »
    That's very good. I wonder what this hasn't been advertised more. You'd pay more then that for a tour of the place what not go see a game there?

I'll grab the tickets down there tomorrow to avoid the 25% booking fee on Ticketmaster.

It's been a tenner for the cup final since the new Lansdowne opened credit to the FAI on that, in fairness.

Yeah, you should definitely head to it. The cup final is always a brilliant occasion, should be a fantastic crowd there and hopefully a good match between the two best teams in the league over the the last couple of seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Are tickets really just €10? Must confess I've never been to a LOI game, but for a tenner in the Aviva would be not harm to go for a look.

30 quid for the premium tier, bit more pricey but it's the only time I'll really go to the premium so I usually go for it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Really? The last few rugby games I've gone to have waived that online charge. Be strange if they kept it for the soccer.

I get them via ticketmaster now but the last time we went up and thought we'd avoid the charge, we ended up paying it, that was the Pats Derry match I'd say, they told us it was all ticket and we had to get the ticket in the Elvery's at the stadium. I see someone said style G is cash, so maybe you wouldn't pay it there.
    30 quid for the premium tier, bit more pricey but it's the only time I'll really go to the premium so I usually go for it.
    I shall see you there but we're cutting it tight as one the lads coming up with me has a match that morning. Best of luck in the women's final.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Think Cork have pushed it well enough with the Cork is green stuff on twitter etc. Still, not sure that a neutral would know what was happening. Tbh, I can barely remember when it's on.

I want Dundalk to win though I am currently based in Cork. Everyone I talk to here hates Cork city and the football they play...must be a reason so Dundalk it is!

Good luck to both teams.
    When we were winning cups and leagues a couple of years back and raking in plaudits from everywhere for the style of football we were playing there was still a large number of people in Sligo berating the quality of football on offer.

If you don't say the football here is **** it becomes hard to justify your 'support' of the team that won the EPL when you were 7. And not one person I've ever spoken to has been willing to acknowledge thats the reason they follow them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Are tickets really just €10? Must confess I've never been to a LOI game, but for a tenner in the Aviva would be not harm to go for a look.

I personally would love to know how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

I personally would love to know how you get on.

I'm a sports junkie, but coming from Kerry soccer was never high on the radar. Went to my first Soccer game last year Ireland and Oman and then went to a Europa League game in Wolfsburg earlier this year which was brilliant.

I'd have an interest in seeing Cork City because of the Dennehys (having been at school with them) really, and I'd have played as them with FIFA or FM.

Looking forward to it now. Halfway line, upper tier 5 rows back. Unreal seats for 10e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Oh the nerves are coming on. Ugh.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Quietly confident for the women tomorrow. Anything can happen on the day but I do think we have the superior team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I have to say, i'm jealous of Cork and Dundalk fans tonight. I know that Christmas Eve feeling. This time last year, plus a week, i remember the excitement.

As a Pat's fan, last year was incredible. After all the 53 years stuff, it was great to just bloody win the thing finally. I'll never forget being behind the goal that Christy Fagan knocked the two goals into, especially the second when it confirmed we'd won it.

It's a great occasion and even more so at Lansdowne. It was messed around a bit at the RDS and Tallaght when the stadium was under construction. And even before when the replay would go to Dalymount, it was like another league game at times.

But these finals really are now occasions. I just hope Dundalk and Cork provide us with a cracker of a final. It doesn't always work out like that (something Roddy Collins should learn), but hopefully tomorrow is entertaining and pulls in a few non LOI regulars to go to more games next season.

GreatestLeagueInTheWorld

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Best of luck Cork City Fc!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Alfa Quadrifoglio

monkey9 wrote: »
    I have to say, i'm jealous of Cork and Dundalk fans tonight. I know that Christmas Eve feeling.
    GreatestLeagueInTheWorld

Have to agree as a non Dundalk/Cork fan there's plenty of envy, Would appeal again to all LoI, Premiership and Celtic fans in the city to get to the Final and ensure the occasion is graced with a huge crowd. Even if weather is poor the Aviva offers great protection from the elements.
    The two clubs have done everything in their power to get their support out and have succeeded, its up to the neutrals now to ensure there's a huge crowd. Aside from the e10 ticket pricing I am not sure what the custodians of the game, the FAI, have done to promote the Blue Riband of Irish soccer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Dont think th FAI really care to be honest.

Buzz is certainly to be felt in Cork and I cannot wait to get to Kent station and see it full with city fans in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Only in from work! Quick nap and up at 7 for the 8:05 train! #rebelarmy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Would like to see Cork win it as would be a good buzz down here if they did. Can't see it happening though, Kenny has the better of Caulfield all too often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

What's the weather like in Dublin?

0-0 at half time 3-3 full time, Cork win on penalties.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

What's the weather like in Dublin?

Not good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

Considering the sh*te weather today and the time of year, shouldn't domestic soccer's showpiece occasion be held, say, in late August/early September? Does it have to be the last fixture of the season?

English rugby league's Challenge Cup final is held in late August, before the end of its regular league season.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

B17G wrote: »
    Does it have to be the last fixture of the season

Yes. Yes it does. Nothing worse than a cup final before the league is over with. I like the season ending on a high.

Bad weather wouldn't put me off a final if my team was in it.

Looking forward to this actually. Hopefully a good game. First time watching it, thankful it's on TV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

Another Kerryman here, living in Dublin. I've never been to a LoI game before, or a Cup final, but I'm going along today. I go to all the internationals at home but have never managed to get a Premium ticket, so I'm splashing out today. I'm losing interest in the Premier League, and have been getting more and more interested in the LoI recently, so I'm excited about my first game today.

I've a load of friends from Dundalk - two of whom I'm going to the game with, and being a proud Kerryman, I'll be cheering on Cork's opposition today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Jaysus the Aviva is empty.

It's still early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Kerry people always seem to have friends from a place who Cork are playing.

Also it's 2 hours to kickoff. Generally Old Trafford has about 2 people in their seats 2 hours before KO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Definitely think the weather will have an impact on those who were on the fence about rocking up and buying a ticket at the gate.

Hopefully there's a good crowd at it.

I just thought people would be making the day off it. Sure why not watch the warm up match?

• Advertisement

I just thought people would be making the day off it. Sure why not watch the warm up match?

Hoping for the weather to get better before I ramble down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Was the Shelbourne goalie not shoved into the net for that goal

paulie21 wrote: »
    Was the Shelbourne goalie not shoved into the net for that goal

Thought so myself. Dramatics again though.

Penalty Shootout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Lousy for the men to be warming up other end. Can they not wait

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus that shels missed peno was beyond awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

That was extremely disresepectful of the Cork team to start their warm up during the shootout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Agree with the commentator about the men's teams coming out before the women are done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It was in its bollocks. The game starts at 3.30. Unless their taking penos I don't see problem

I was hoping I wasn't being too sensitive bout the Cork lads there, very poor form.

There is a pitch outside too. The event management (which is usually appauling at LR) could have arranged before the game for the teams to do a warm up out there should this game go to OT. Or they could have just had a small jogging warm up behind the unused goal. There was no need whatsever for them to be out on the pitch kicking balls about.

I think I'll watch the North London Derby instead.

It was in its bollocks. The game starts at 3.30. Unless their taking penos I don't see problem

It was poor form. Probably poor organisation too.

Mick Wallace getting his face in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Cork a disgrace totally disrespectful to the women. Game still going on and they out warming up. Shameful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Mushy wrote: »
    It was poor form. Probably poor organisation too.

Mick Wallace getting his face in there.

He is right too. Without him there would be no Wexford Youths !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Delighted for Wexford Youths and Ruth Fahy in particular. That's the double for them now. It's a triple if you count the mens win too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Fyffe banana balloon's are class!

Looks a decent crowd! Brian kerr commentary...it's shaping up nicely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

There is a pitch outside too. The event management (which is usually appauling at LR) could have arranged before the game for the teams to do a warm up out there should this game go to OT. Or they could have just had a small jogging warm up behind the unused goal. There was no need whatsever for them to be out on the pitch kicking balls about.

I think I'll watch the North London Derby instead.

Hahahahaha this is the best excuse ever for not watching a domestic game!!! F*cking brilliant. Take a bow!

vicwatson wrote: »
    Cork a disgrace totally disrespectful to the women. Game still going on and they out warming up. Shameful

Didn't see this. Was the game actually still going on or what was the craic?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Hahahahaha this is the best excuse ever for not watching a domestic game!!! F*cking brilliant. Take a bow!

Nobody needs an excuse not to watch a match. There should be an excuse to watch it, not-not watch it.

Amirani wrote: »
    Didn't see this. Was the game actually still going on or what was the craic?

Extra time had just finished and was going to penalties. They wree running around players.

Nobody needs an excuse not to watch a match. There should be an excuse to watch it, not-not watch it.

And yet you gave one.

Mushy wrote: »
    And yet you gave one.

Does it hurt you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The two best teams in the country are squaring off in a major cup final. That's a pretty good reason.

Does it hurt you?

You couldn't tell?

• Advertisement

So far a game dominated by mistakes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement