Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Cup Final 2015 Cork City v Dundalk 8th November k.o. 3.30pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The quality on RTE Player is absolute garbage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Omackeral wrote: »
    The two best teams in the country are squaring off in a major cup final. That's a pretty good reason.

No its not.

Anyhow I watched the first 20 minutes and it was pants. I nor anybody else OWES these players anything. I do not OWE them my TV viewership. And if they cannot respect the ladies game then they deserve very little respect themselves.

No its not.

Anyhow I watched the first 20 minutes and it was pants. I nor anybody else OWES these players anything. I do not OWE them my TV viewership. And if they cannot respect the ladies game then they deserve very little respect themselves.

Yet you're still watching the game. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Why does Tony O'Donoghue insist on interviewing managers during the game? It's pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That_Guy wrote: »
    Why does Tony O'Donoghue insist on interviewing managers during the game? It's pathetic.

I assume its an RTE thing, it must be annoying for them. Always the hope something controversial happens then we hear the manager lose the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

vicwatson wrote: »
    Cork a disgrace totally disrespectful to the women. Game still going on and they out warming up. Shameful
    Complete role reversal there as the men are warming up just as the women finish.

Mushy wrote: »
    I assume its an RTE thing, it must be annoying for them. Always the hope something controversial happens then we hear the manager lose the head.

We had it once when Dundalk were robbed in the semis against Drogheda that year.

It's fairly amateur-ish and they never do it during internationals so I don't know why they'd insist on doing it for LOI games.

A booking for that??? Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

FAI just tweeted the attendance as 25,103 if anyone is interested.

• Advertisement

Good solid attendance.

Mushy wrote: »
    Good solid attendance.

25K has been the standard for the last couple of years anyway I think. Probably would have been a bit more if it weren't for the weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

That_Guy wrote: »
    25K has been the standard for the last couple of years anyway I think. Probably would have been a bit more if it weren't for the weather.

Think it was about 15,000 last year.

Cork putting the boot in towards the end of the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Prefered the womens match

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Bad advert for the league unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,310 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

rmchmufc wrote: »
    FAI just tweeted the attendance as 25,103 if anyone is interested.

The stadium doesnt look anywhere near being half full .
    I doubt there is even 20k in there .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

tastyt wrote: »

It's embarrassingly bad. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Turned on netflix for 15 minutes at HT. It was the 84th minute when I remembered the game and turned it back to the tv channel :o.

Very boring from Cork and Dundalk. tut tut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Nib wrote: »
    Complete role reversal there as the men are warming up just as the women finish.

Best comment ever.

Aw feck sake Dundalk 1 - O Cork.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Towell had so much time there, poor first touch but still acres of space to finish.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Don't forget to bring a Towell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

tastyt wrote: »

This auld ****e "advert for the league" Most cup finals are poor enough affairs.

One cork fan looks like he's going to be sick. The one beside him is delighted to be on the telly.

Spot the day tripper.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rmchmufc

Awful game but Dundalk aren't going to care, to win the double is some achievement for them.

Oat23 wrote: »
    One cork fan looks like he's going to be sick. The one beside him is delighted to be on the telly.

Spot the day tripper.

Would you prefer he wasn't there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

How many of the Dundalk squad are from Dundalk?

Would you prefer he wasn't there?

I'm not bothered either way.

Better team won, can be no complaints

I'm not bothered either way.

Unusual. Normally its complain about the barstoolers who dont show up and then when they show up insult them for showing up as being "bandwagoners" or "day trippers".

• Advertisement

Gael85 wrote: »
    How many of the Dundalk squad are from Dundalk?

Does this matter?

Unusual. Normally its complain about the barstoolers who dont show up and then when they show up insult them for showing up as being "bandwagoners" or "day trippers".

I don't care about barstoolers and day trippers going/not going to games. If they want to go out for the day to watch the game they can.

They don't hang around. I can say that with some certainty as a Sligo Rovers fan who has seen thousands of bandwagoners/day trippers go to support us at the Aviva multiple times, but never go near the gates of the Showgrounds. I've made my peace with it. I just thought the stark contrast in emotions in the stands from two people standing beside each other wearing City gear was funny. Don't know why you think I'm bashing anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Witchie wrote: »
    Does this matter?
    Not at all. The people behind the club are local, as with any club. Its nice to have a few local lads all the same.

Fair play to Dundalk. Massive achievement, they're head and shoulders above the rest at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Cork lost as they didn't get their full 45 minute warm up !! Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

Witchie wrote: »
    Does this matter?

No just wondering how many locals they had playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I don't care about barstoolers and day trippers going/not going to games. If they want to go out for the day to watch the game they can.

They don't hang around. I can say that with some certainty as a Sligo Rovers fan who has seen thousands of bandwagoners/day trippers go to support us at the Aviva multiple times, but never go near the gates of the Showgrounds. I've made my peace with it. I just thought the stark contrast in emotions in the stands from two people standing beside each other wearing City gear was funny. Don't know why you think I'm bashing anyone.
    There are exceptions. I brought along some friends to the 2010 final who are now regular match goers in the showgrounds.

I also brought a friend to the 2009 final. Don't think he watches football at all any more. Understandable!!

• Advertisement

I now see you arent but 90% of the time that is what happens. You actually have the common sense approach. Normally its judgemental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Well done Dundalk - top side, only 17 sides have won the double in close to 100 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Men's final was awful. Was dying for either side to score. Wish more neutrals had seen the women's final, a lot more entertaining in my opinion.

Big thanks to the Cork fans for lending us some support!

Not extremely bothered about the warm up thing. It was a bit disrespectful I suppose, but I think everyone involved had bigger issues on their mind.

Commiserations to any Shels or Raheny fans. Awful way to decide that match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Courtesy of Danny North's twitter feed....

CTTPXehXIAAXuAn.jpg:small

#bestcupfinalintheworld

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

On way back home from the match now. Gutted but it was obvious we were tiring and that a chance would more than likely come along. Thought we contained Dundalk very well and gave very little up at all actually, few half chances that McNulty easily claimed. We were so short of punch up front though, can't keep expecting Marky to produce miracles time and time again, needs to be sorted as a priority for next season.

Thought it was a good battle but i'm sure not particularly attractive on tv, a few niggles but mostly played in good spirit. Don't know if you can say Dundalk deserved to win but as 2nd half of extra time went on they were advancing, but could see Dundalk getting frustrated at not getting many chances at all and thought we could take advantage of that, but alas it was not to be.

Well done Dundalk though, great season for ye

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

fair play dundalk well deserved double !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Alfa Quadrifoglio

Not the classic final we all hoped for but on balance Dundalk deserved to win, Why do the FAI open the upper tiers when the lower tiers are not sold out? 25,000 smaller crowd than expected but weather in Dublin was terrible up to kick off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

A really dull 90 minutes to be brutally honest. Extra time was pretty entertaining though. Best team won you would say. Great to see the numbers there.

Gael85 wrote: »
    No just wondering how many locals they had playing?

Good. It just used to annoy me all the time when locals would use the fact that there were only a few local lads on the team as an excuse to not coming to games. Of course a small place like Monaghan had no chance of getting an all local team.

Bugs me so much. It doesn't matter where someone is from, once they pull on the jersey and do their best, they belong to my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Poor final. When it went to extra time, i was hoping there'd at least be a penalty shootout.

Bad form from Cork players warming up when the penalties were on in the women's final, but in their defence it's protocol to go out for the warm up fourty five minutes beforehand.

If anyone's to blame, it's the FAI for poor scheduling. The women's game should have kicked off half an hour earlier to accomodate any extratime or penalty shootout that may occur. Especially when you consider it's gone to extra time the last couple of seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

monkey9 wrote: »
    If anyone's to blame, it's the FAI for poor scheduling.

The FAI couldn't give a ****. They probably think there's more 'heat' in the women's game right now thanks to Stephanie Roche. Don't be suprised if you see a quick game of rugby shoehorned in there as well next year.

Nothing surprising really about the game. Attendance and the way the game panned out was expected. Cork were always going to keep it tight.
    When you see Cork players walking off crying you realise how much LOI means to people. Looked to be a cracking atmosphere too.
    Cork need a big clear our of the dead wood. The 30 plus lads they have there aren't going to bring them any further than they are.
    Dundalk have a solid base of players under 25. If they lose a couple this winter I think Kenny will adapt. The only thing that could stop Dundalk is if they lose him and that's surely a possibility. Sides in England and Scotland must be looking at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

For those who are throwing a hissy fit about the warm up, it was agreed many days before the final and known to all that if the woman's game went to pens, the teams would warm up on the other side of the pitch.

I'm pretty sure also this was in place every year since the Drogs/Sligo game when both teams had to warm up in the Tunnell .

People only having a moan at FAI and the LOI clubs without full facts .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

For those who are throwing a hissy fit about the warm up, it was agreed many days before the final and known to all that if the woman's game went to pens, the teams would warm up on the other side of the pitch.

I'm pretty sure also this was in place every year since the Drogs/Sligo game when both teams had to warm up in the Tunnell .

People only having a moan at FAI and the LOI clubs without full facts .

In all fairness, it's very stupid of the FAI not having the appropriate time between the women's game and the men's, if the game goes all the way to penalties.

SantryRed wrote: »
    In all fairness, it's very stupid of the FAI not having the appropriate time between the women's game and the men's, if the game goes all the way to penalties.

But they did,the men's final started on time. If it doesn't go to penalties then there's an extra 30 - 40 minutes that TV has to fill somehow as well as players/fans sitting around. It didn't make that much odds it's a big pitch. Most people are just looking for something to give out about. The women were only using one end of the pitch not even a full half.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement