Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collins Bus - Commuter service to Dublin

Options
  • 30-10-2015 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

If anyone has experience of using the Collins bus Dublin Commuter service from Ardee, I would really appreciate hearing about it. I'm moving to Ardee soon but will need to commute to Dublin daily and I'm wondering how reliable and punctual this service is.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Ashym wrote: »
    If anyone has experience of using the Collins bus Dublin Commuter service from Ardee, I would really appreciate hearing about it. I'm moving to Ardee soon but will need to commute to Dublin daily and I'm wondering how reliable and punctual this service is.

Thank you!

I use it myself fairly often. I'm not a regular commuter but sometimes have to travel to Dublin to meet with clients.

Collins are very good in my opinion. Punctual, give or take 10 mins, good price and nice buses with free (usually works) wifi. They tend to be busy though.

McConnons is another option. Especially if you're commuting to south side of the Liffey and want to travel direct to Stephens Green. I haven't used them but know people who have done for a long time.

Main thing, stay clear of Bus Eireann. Rip off, very bad on punctuality and inconsistent quality of buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ashym

Thanks so much for that good advice. I hadn't thought of McConnons but with definitely check it out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Ashym wrote: »
    Thanks so much for that good advice. I hadn't thought of McConnons but with definitely check it out now.

Yeah, many forget about McConnons - myself included. If I remember correctly, they're cheaper than Collins too, which is no mean feat!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭omeatheopian

Hi all. Can anyone on this commuter service advise if they still pick up here, and if so, is there always space on the 7.00 (Ardee)service at this stage?
    Thanks

Advertisement