Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ESB public charging plans

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,855 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

0lddog wrote: »
    Is this hullabaloo about charge points just something that we have talked ourselves into ?

Here is a piccy from last year of a service station in Sant Cruz de Tenerife. Diesel, Petrol and 'leccy were all on offer :)
    is that not the case anywhere here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Well,ESB have planned maintenance on all the chargers.
    Could be this the beggining of the "charging the charges" !?

491539.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Probably nothing to do with charging for charging as it's focused on slow chargers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Looks more like back-end software updates and not physical infrastructure

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Hmm,i will say that in order to implement charging system they need a new firmware installed on the units itslef,using same hardware.
    Probable,the curent generation of harwdare does not support OTA upgrades.
    But,my guess is as good as yours.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

rolion wrote: »
    Hmm,i will say that in order to implement charging system they need a new firmware installed on the units itslef,using same hardware.
    Probable,the curent generation of harwdare does not support OTA upgrades.
    But,my guess is as good as yours.

All current chargers are GSM enabled

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

No harm if they replaced the poxy 3.5 Kw chargers they have marked down as 22 Kw !

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mupchease

It would also be no harm to train their staff prior to charging. It’s 50/50 when you ring them if the person on the other end knows anything about charging and how it works. The last person I was talking to was that rude and ignorant it was hard to not lose the head.

Advertisement