Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 11 Matchday Thread - Pulisball vs "Vardez": The Ultimate Battle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Nib wrote:
    I find it astounding so many benched Mahrez, the highest scoring midfielder in the game this season. WBA are a poor outfit, they're in the bottom half of the table for a reason. I know they are sound defensively against poor opposition but Leicester have been scoring at will this season.

Who would you bench from this front 8?
    KDB Sanchez Payet Mahrez Eriksen
    Vardy Pelle Ighalo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Nib wrote: »
    I find it astounding so many benched Mahrez, the highest scoring midfielder in the game this season. WBA are a poor outfit, they're in the bottom half of the table for a reason. I know they are sound defensively against poor opposition but Leicester have been scoring at will this season.

It wasn't really that "astounding." He hadn't scored since GW6 (I'm aware he didn't start all of the matches between), a lot of people were already starting Vardy against the team that has kept the most cleanies this season, and people have strong front 8s. Looks like my Mahrez v Ighalo decision was right by 2 points, nothing to shout about though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

PARlance wrote: »
    51 pre bonuses, should bring me over 60.

And that's with Kolarov playing and Ighalo on the bench. And to think I was happy to see Costa playing.

Only Mane left, the voodoo doll will be out tonight.

60 with Mane (or Ighalo's 13) left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

spock. wrote: »
    Who would you bench from this front 8?
    KDB Sanchez Payet Mahrez Eriksen
    Vardy Pelle Ighalo

Eirksen

28 points. Would be 40 something if I'd started Mahrez. Ah well.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Eirksen

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Is fantasy premier league down or just slow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

When will bonus pts and tables be updated since theres no late kick off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Invincible wrote: »
    Is fantasy premier league down or just slow?

Its going between slow and dead all afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

When will bonus pts and tables be updated since theres no late kick off.

It'll still take a while and probably take even longer given how the site has been acting up today. I wouldn't be wearing out that F5 key on it until later!

Eirksen
    :pac:

There are some teams out there, where i could see a problem and possible benching Mahrez, but a team with Eirksen in it is not imo.

Leicester are scoring goals for fun - Vardy and Mahrez are pretty much guaranteed to be involved.

The argument about west brom and CS goes out the window a little when you see that a lot of their CS are against teams in the bottom half of the table - sunderland. villa, Norwich, stoke.

conceeded against city, chelsea, Everton and Palace.

Ace2007 wrote:
    Eirksen

At home to Villa? That would be crazy imo but fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

If there is any justice in this world.. Mane (c) will run riot tomorroe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

40 with Pelle, Mane and Van Dijk to play. They better tear Bournemouth a new arsehole.

If the attackers don't play, on comes Mahrez. If Van Dijk doesn't, on comes Martin...

To answer the question of Mahrez on bench, strong front 8, WBA one of best defensive units in league. What can you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Despite a frustrating day, 46 still sees me rise to ~38k, with pelle and alderweireld to play. I suppose I should be happy enough, but there's a feeling of disappointment, mainly with kolarov. On another day he could have got 15 points. Ah well, hopefully pelle and alder can add a bit to it

• Advertisement

There are some teams out there, where i could see a problem and possible benching Mahrez, but a team with Eirksen in it is not imo.

Leicester are scoring goals for fun - Vardy and Mahrez are pretty much guaranteed to be involved.

The argument about west brom and CS goes out the window a little when you see that a lot of their CS are against teams in the bottom half of the table - sunderland. villa, Norwich, stoke.

conceeded against city, chelsea, Everton and Palace.

Eriksen is a reasonable captain shout this GW, I wouldn't have benched him for Mahrez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

TBH, I dont know how anyone thought WBA would have held Leicester scoreless given their form and who WBA have been keeping their CS's against. WBA also let a 2-0 lead slip at home to Everton not so long ago so their defensive prowess is being overstated. As I said last week, I dont see them keeping another CS until GW17

Eriksen is a reasonable captain shout this GW, I wouldn't have benched him for Mahrez

perhaps, however the point about the West Brom CS reason still stands, and i think anyone using that as a reason for benching Mahrez, didn't really look at the data behind the stats, i.e. against top half teams they conceded, where as against bottom half they keep CS.

could also be said this is the reason you don't have a strong front 8 - avoids head aches.

perhaps, however the point about the West Brom CS reason still stands, and i think anyone using that as a reason for benching Mahrez, didn't really look at the data behind the stats, i.e. against top half teams they conceded, where as against bottom half they keep CS.

could also be said this is the reason you don't have a strong front 8 - avoids head aches.

I just think it's too much hindsight bias for people to say Mahrez was an obvious play (and I started him).
    In terms of strong front 8, I'd rather have Ighalo on my bench than not in my team. I have 7m in the bank as well :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

56 after BPs with Van Dijk and the BUIB to go. Should be ok for green arrows I hope?

• Advertisement

I just think it's too much hindsight bias for people to say Mahrez was an obvious play (and I started him).
    In terms of strong front 8, I'd rather have Ighalo on my bench than not in my team. I have 7m in the bank as well :cool:

You seem to be ignoring the stats about the west brom CS though?

Looking at their up coming fixture, I don't expect them to keep a CS in any of the next 3 based on who they are playing, however i'm guessing a lot of folks on here will think they will keep CS's.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Chances are if going with a strong front 8 the people that had mahrez .on the bench may not even own mahrez if going with the alternative 4.5 mid option. It's frustrating but at least you have mahrez in your squad and don't need to bring him.in next week.

You seem to be ignoring the stats about the west brom CS though?

Looking at their up coming fixture, I don't expect them to keep a CS in any of the next 3 based on who they are playing, however i'm guessing a lot of folks on here will think they will keep CS's.

Well they kept a clean sheet against Southampton, but yeah I definitely wasn't starting more than one of my WBA defenders. I didn't expect them to concede 3 goals personally. They kept clean sheets against Chelsea, ManU, and Liverpool last season.
    Anyway, I'm done with this argument. I just don't think people should feel bad about benching Mahrez, it was a reasonable decision with Vardy and a strong front 8

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Kolorov missing that penalty is a kick in the nuts, but 54 points with Pelle and Cedric to play has me happy enough.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Only caught City score. Don't know what's worse. The 20 quid I lost on city (had them overs @ even) or the 8+ points loss that late Kolarav penalty miss brought.. 62 with Pelle and Van Dijk to go. Need some points from them to make up for another captaincy fail :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 159 ✭✭Andrew Laeddis

68 with captain Pelle and 10 Albrighton points to come

Actually I won't get my Albrighton points as the only player in my starting XI who won't start is Micah Richards

Or will I?

Actually I won't get my Albrighton points as the only player in my starting XI who won't start is Micah Richards

Or will I?

Not unless you played 4 defenders. If you had 3 at the back a defender will sub in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

68 with captain Pelle and 10 Albrighton points to come

Changed captain from Costa so?

spock. wrote: »
    Not unless you played 4 defenders. If you had 3 at the back a defender will sub in.

Nope :(

3-4-3

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

56 with BUIB and vvd to go.

Such is my lethargy with pelle I'd be happy if I didn't lose points tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Or will I?

How many do you have at the back? Needs to be at least 3 unless you've played all out attack chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    Site seems to be down. Can't get in to see my score. Another average week though I think with another transfer (Bony) that flops.

Edit: just got in. 42 points with Bertrand and Pelle remaining.

Still can't log in down here but I think we've fairly similar teams so I guess I should be on 42 pts too (-4) though...

Myhill
    Bertie Bellerin Kolarov
    Sanchez KDB (C) Payet Mahrez
    Vardy Bony (VC) Pellè

The Kolarov missed pen is a real kick in my nuts though. 8 pts diff at least, maybe 9 or 10 with BPs (don't know how they were like before it). My Azpi -> Kolarov 4 pts hit would have just been perfect had he scored. Ah well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Kolarov missed a pen?! :eek: Fecksake. Didn't really catch any of the football today. 50 Pelle(C) and Lukaku to go. How does that match up on here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Who's this BUIB lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Kolarov missed a pen?! :eek: Fecksake. Didn't really catch any of the football today. 50 Pelle(C) and Lukaku to go. How does that match up on here?

49 with Pelle and Lukaku to go.

40-50 seems to be average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Who's this BUIB lads?

The BIGGEST most USELESS ITALIAN BAXTERD you've ever seen.

(Pelle)

stephenl15 wrote: »

Green arrow. Top 10k average is 46, overall is 41

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

wonski wrote: »
    49 with Pelle and Lukaku to go.

40-50 seems to be average.
    Green arrow. Top 10k average is 46, overall is 41

Nice one cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Well they kept a clean sheet against Southampton, but yeah I definitely wasn't starting more than one of my WBA defenders. I didn't expect them to concede 3 goals personally. They kept clean sheets against Chelsea, ManU, and Liverpool last season.
    Anyway, I'm done with this argument. I just don't think people should feel bad about benching Mahrez, it was a reasonable decision with Vardy and a strong front 8

Benched Mata for Mahrez. Wasnt hard mate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

57 with Pelle and Alderweireld left to go, happy with that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

82 points, everyone played, KDB captain. Benched Evans, played Mahrez and Vardy. It's hard to see anyone stopping Leicester scoring unless it's defensive Van Gaal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

47(-4) with mane and Kane(c). Decent score with potential left. A few big decisions have gone right for me this weekend so far. Transferring in kdb for Walcott, taking a hit to bring in Ighalo, playing AOA which meant I didn't bench Mahrez or not make that Ighalo transfer.

Last decision that is still pending review in terms of success is using my second free transfer to bring Kane in for Costa and make him capt. Biggest decision of the lot really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Aenaes wrote: »
    82 points, everyone played, KDB captain. Benched Evans, played Mahrez and Vardy. It's hard to see anyone stopping Leicester scoring unless it's defensive Van Gaal :D

Wow, some score. Wp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

46 with 27 on the bench!
    pelle captain left
    a brace from him and it will be a good week I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

48 with Pelle and VVD

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

59 with Pelle and Bertrand still to play and FFFix has me down to go from 18k into the top 6k for now so very happy with that.

A few good points so far -

- I got the Sanchez vs Bony vs KDB captain decision right,
    - I was right to back Vardez over Pulisball and to back it up by playing Nyom instead of Dawson, and
    - a glorious feeling of schadenfreude as someone who transferred out Kolarov a couple of weeks ago and slightly regretted it since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

64 points with Pelle, Mane and Van Dijk to play so happy out for a change after a Saturday!

A guy top of a private league I'm in played his bench boost today and got 37 points from it... Butland (11), Mahrez (15), Bellerin (6) and Darmian (5)... Some week to play it! Think he's a Watford fan too as he has 3 of their players!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

iroced wrote: »
    Still can't log in down here but I think we've fairly similar teams so I guess I should be on 42 pts too (-4) though...

Myhill
    Bertie Bellerin Kolarov
    Sanchez KDB (C) Payet Mahrez
    Vardy Bony (VC) Pellè

The Kolarov missed pen is a real kick in my nuts though. 8 pts diff at least, maybe 9 or 10 with BPs (don't know how they were like before it). My Azpi -> Kolarov 4 pts hit would have just been perfect had he scored. Ah well...

Our starting line ups today were identical. 46 for the day now with bps added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

FOOOK!! The first time I leave out Mahrez to fit in my new signing of KDB,he runs riot.:(:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement