Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 11 Matchday Thread - Pulisball vs "Vardez": The Ultimate Battle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Jeez the scores on here.

Just finished motd and was happy enough with 46 (-8) from 7, a couple of notable captain contenders blanking (Bony especially) and knowing plenty would have benched Mahrez. Especially happy to get 4 pts from my dodgy Sterling punt after he was benched, although he shoulda scored (only for Martin to take revenge on me for selling him and blocking it) and had another assist only for Kolarovs miss.

But disappointed and slightly surprised that the average is 40 and that there are 60+ scores aplenty. Ighalo and Butland seemingly doing a lot of the damage.

Ah well, have dropped 100k to around 400k but seem to have more players left than a lot, and potentially good players too in Lukaku, Pellè, Mané and VVD.

Couldn't have asked for better return on AOA which resulted in me playing Mahrez over Moreno so a 13 point gain from that chip which is more than I coulda hoped for.

That's a major return for AOA up there with csf for the best one I can remember. That kolorav pen miss probably did more good for your OR as he has a high ownership and it cost kolorav between 8 and 11 pts. I see ozil did the business again I remain convinced that 2 arsenal attackers is the way to go due to the amount of goals they will score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FutureGuy wrote:
    I'm hoping Mane has woken up with a dose of the ****s and can't play.

I'm hoping the same for Pelle.
    They should just postpone the game altogether and give us a nice early season DGW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I am also agreed on the two Arsenal strategy but I'm waiting for either Mane or Payet to breakdown to get Ozil in. Cannot bring myself to sell either just now, Mane is a real differential pick for me but needs to deliver over next 2 to keep his spot.

Maybe I just have to be ruthless and take the plunge and sell Mane.

dahat wrote: »
    I am also agreed on the two Arsenal strategy but I'm waiting for either Mane or Payet to breakdown to get Ozil in. Cannot bring myself to sell either just now, Mane is a real differential pick for me but needs to deliver over next 2 to keep his spot.

Maybe I just have to be ruthless and take the plunge and sell Mane.

Giroud with Walcott out could be the one to go for.

Giroud with Walcott out could be the one to go for.

Makes perfect sense but like Bony is it a week too late? Could switch to Benteke then when Walcott is back with a Mane to Ozil swap at the same time.

Thanks for clearing that up!

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Makes perfect sense but like Bony is it a week too late? Could switch to Benteke then when Walcott is back with a Mane to Ozil swap at the same time.

Thanks for clearing that up!

That sounds like a very good plan.

That sounds like a very good plan.

So now it is this dilemma.....

Bony away to Villa
    OR
    Giroud home to Spurs

Will likely choose Giroud I reckon, Bony never sat well with me and also he cost me Ighalo pts so feeling very bitter towards him just now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

That's a major return for AOA up there with csf for the best one I can remember. That kolorav pen miss probably did more good for your OR as he has a high ownership and it cost kolorav between 8 and 11 pts. I see ozil did the business again I remain convinced that 2 arsenal attackers is the way to go due to the amount of goals they will score.

I knew that about Kolarov. Was hoping he'd miss! Just goes someway to reassuring me the Sterling move wasn't total foolishness when he came close to a goal and assist.

I agree on Arsenal. I was sooo close to pulling the trigger on Ozil before he rose in the week, but decided not to let team value rush me into a decision! :( Decided to wait and see was Sterling fit and Silva definitely out....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

just seen the kolarov penalty
    he won't be taking many more :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

km79 wrote: »
    just seen the kolarov penalty
    he won't be taking many more :(

Relief I got Bellerin in for him before his price drop when he was an injury doubt.

• Advertisement

Invincible wrote: »
    Relief I got Bellerin in for him before his price drop when he was an injury doubt.

so did I
    but bought him back for Francis Friday instead of van djik which was the plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

km79 wrote: »
    so did I
    but bought him back for Francis Friday instead of van djik which was the plan

If I was getting a city def in last week, would have gone for Sagna with Zabaleta out, van djik in this week unless Sahko needs replacing up front.

Invincible wrote: »
    If I was getting a city def in last week, would have gone for Sagna with Zabaleta out, van djik in this week unless Sahko needs replacing up front.

I was afraid of a big haul from kolarov as most of my rivals have him
    I was almost right !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I benched Mahrez for Cresswell, absolutely raging obviously.
    39 points with captain Lukaku to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Not meaning to rub salt in the wounds or gloat at anyone who did it, but I don't fully get the rationale of the decision of people to bench Mahrez.

Ok I obviously wasn't expecting 15 points from him, but players like Mahrez surely fall into the never bench side of the never bench, never captain expression.

Would always be reluctant to bench my most explosive players at the expense of those with good fixtures.

CSF wrote: »
    Not meaning to rub salt in the wounds or gloat at anyone who did it, but I don't fully get the rationale of the decision of people to bench Mahrez.

Ok I obviously wasn't expecting 15 points from him, but players like Mahrez surely fall into the never bench side of the never bench, never captain expression.

Would always be reluctant to bench my most explosive players at the expense of those with good fixtures.

It depends on your other 7 attackers. I considered benching him for ayew luckily I didn't. It's quite possible some would have kdb mane payet sanchez mahrez vardy lukaku bony. I wouldn't be benching mahrez for a defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

spock. wrote: »
    It's like he wants to fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

3 spurs players and eriksen captain leads me to believe that stupid decisions will happen all season for that player

CSF wrote: »

I had this to choose from

Sanchez, Mahrez,Payet, KDB,Mane

Igahlo,Lukaku, Vardy

Choose to bench Mahrez and play Igahlo, not so bad you say..........till I went and sold Igahlo for Bony and kept Mahrez on the bench.

• Advertisement

Earthhorse wrote:
    It's like he wants to fail.

In fairness all 15 of his squad had a decent chance of points this week.
    If I had that squad (not that I'd ever have Hart and DDG) I would have bench boosted.

In fairness all 15 of his squad had a decent chance of points this week.
    If I had that squad (not that I'd ever have Hart and DDG) I would have bench boosted.

I have 27 points on the bench and never even considered bench boost
    Elliot 7 mahrez 15 nyom 5 targett 0 most likely
    my plan for BB was around dgw time
    but maybe with string front 8s all the rage we should reconsider this.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lukaku and Bony were the exact sort of player I was talking about when I was talking about players with good fixtures. Mahrez has shown himself to be much more potent than them both. I would fear benching him significantly more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

#SAFC: Pantilimon, Yedlin, Jones, Brown, Coates, Cattermole (c), M'Vila, van Aanholt, Johnson, Fletcher, Defoe. #EVESUN

Everton XI vs. Sunderland: Howard; Coleman, Stones, Funes Mori, Oviedo; Barry, McCarthy; Kone, Barkley, Deulofeu; Lukaku.

PVA OOP

Pva on the wing

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Oh hello PVA, I've been expecting you :cool:

Oh hello PVA, I've been expecting you :cool:

I immediately thought of you. Have u signed vardy yet ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I immediately thought of you. Have u signed vardy yet ha.

Not yet waiting to see what player I'll take out. Pelle or Bony. Mahrez is less straightforward who I sell though...

Not yet waiting to see what player I'll take out. Pelle or Bony. Mahrez is less straightforward who I sell though...

At this stage one of them is probably enough with the fixtures about to turn soon. You also wouldnt be totally abondaning your principles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I was lucky not to bench Mahrez this week, I seriously considered it, I've no qualms with anyone that did bench him.

People seem to be ignoring there was a realistic chance he would be benched as well as the fact they were up against Pulisball.

PVA hits post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Fletcher post

Edit PVA even, fletcher with pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Already like the look of aanholt! Him in Martin out my sub next

Pva on the wing

Oh ..............

PVA is expensive and has terrible fixtures though

• Advertisement

AJ post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Post again Sunderland

AJ post

And just before, a great save from a Defoe shot which would have been a PVA assist. PVA bombing forward at will.

Defoe booked

Deulofeu, Kone assist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Sunderland CS gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Delofeu goal

Deulofeu, Kone assist

Great goal for FPL(no Barkley or Lukaku involvement) and UFPL (have Kone there)

No Lukaku or Barkley involvement. Nice one.

No Lukaku or Barkley involvement. Nice one.

Early days though, open game here.

Coleman good shot saved by Panti

Wouldn't be surprised to see PVA yanked

Oviedo down, hammy

Galloway coming on in time for 60 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

PVA making some noise....

• Advertisement