Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy boxer shorts for bigger people??

• 31-10-2015 10:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭

Wouldn't normally go online asking such a strange question, but I'm sick of buying boxers bringing them home to find out they are absolutely bet onto me even though I do be buying XXL which is supposedly to fit 42-44 inch waste, I take a 36 waist in jeans. It boggles the mind why XXL never fit me. Plus you can't bring boxers back for refund, so I've wasted a good bit of money over the years, usually my Da benefits from me, as I usually just give them to him as they don't fit me ha.

I'm a little overweight but nothing out of the ordinary, I'm 6foot and weigh about 14 stone. I also have quite big thighs.

Where the hell do I buy boxers that actually fit me?? I'm not looking to spend stupid amounts on boxers either, the like of 20 quid for one pair of boxers like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Are we talking about Boxer-briefs or loose fit boxers?

The leg hole of my loose fit boxers could fit around a watermelon and they're only a Large.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭WeirdoFreak

Either or really. Like I just don't know who's designing these things. How can it say 42-44in and they don't fit me who is a 36in waist.

I used to always buy kickers boxers in town but I can't find them anywhere in town anymore. Plus they used to be quite cheap, I can find them online but the price is a bit steep for a pair of jocks like lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

There is a great deal of what's known as vanity sizing in clothes these days. Jeans that are marked as a 36" waist might be anything up to 40" inches in the actual measured circumference. I'm about 18 stone and my measured waist size is about 43" but yet I have two pairs of Levis marked 38x32 that are too loose at the waist.

What you might find useful are boxers made from a stretch material. I bought a few of these boxers from M&S and find them great. They're very light and have a lot of give so they don't cut into the thighs at all. I could probably even put on a stone and they would just stretch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭WeirdoFreak

There is a great deal of what's known as vanity sizing in clothes these days. Jeans that are marked as a 36" waist might be anything up to 40" inches in the actual measured circumference. I'm about 18 stone and my measured waist size is about 43" but yet I have two pairs of Levis marked 38x32 that are too loose at the waist.

What you might find useful are boxers made from a stretch material. I bought a few of these boxers from M&S and find them great. They're very light and have a lot of give so they don't cut into the thighs at all. I could probably even put on a stone and they would just stretch.

Sorry only seeing this now, Thanks a lot, I will check there. I found some Lonsdale boxers in Heatons yesterday. 2XL that fit me and only a tenner for 2 pairs. These ones here.
    http://ie.sportsdirect.com/lonsdale-2-pack-boxers-mens-422013

Advertisement