Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened to the traffic?!

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

The 405 doesn't go into the shopping center as such. It turns at the roundabout at the entrance of the car park. The bus stop there is actually the terminus on the Knocknacarra/Rahoon side of the route.

If they went into the shopping centre there would be a large weather protected area where people could wait. There is no shelter at the current stop.

Another thing is that the shopping centre has a large underground car-park. It would seem like an obvious park and ride location.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭what_traffic

But there's already a public bus going in there twice a day, which uses both the road and HP's carpark. So I can't see why it would be a problem.

NB re the road, I believe some is IDA owned (based on a planning app I saw from Boston / IDA) and some is public (the bit going to City East).

And I thought that the 405 goes into the shopping centre at the Rahoon end, too. (Haven't actually caught it, pretty sure I saw a bus stop there, though.)

Overall BÉ seem to have an allergy to going into estates.

Ya they do seem to have an allergy alright.

But why does the bus not go down to HP and Boston entrance and turn there. On a day like today it would make a big difference to employees in either location who take the bus and also put in a shelter - no shelter exists at the current jug handle turn terminus for the 405 even though it was only recently constructed.
    The 405 has no shelters at either end terminus. Go figure?
    Good suggestiosn from @Galwaycyclist. Should be explorerd.

Advertisement