Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wages into wrong bank account

Options
  • 31-10-2015 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi There,

I gave the wrong IBAN to my employer. What does my employer need to do to get my wages back if they have gone into another account? If indeed it is possible to get it back?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

Hi There,

I gave the wrong IBAN to my employer. What does my employer need to do to get my wages back if they have gone into another account? If indeed it is possible to get it back?

Many thanks
    if you messed up some digits, it's almost impossible you'll have given them a valid bank account so the payment will just bounce back to them... 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

And, if you gave you employer a valid IBAN. The bank will have to request the funss back from the account owner. This can take days/weeks/months, depending on who the owner is.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi There,

Many thanks
    Hi deadly chick,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

Your employer would need to contact their own bank to have a trace placed on the transfer. As correctly mentioned above, if the IBAN provided is invalid, the funds will reject back to your employer's account. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement