Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebel Galaxy

Options
  • 31-10-2015 4:29pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else playing this?

Currently available for PC, but is coming to the PS4 and XBone. It's a space RPG where you pilot a capital ship and can do trade or piracy or whatever whilst also having a main storyline. The combat is like Assassins Creed Black Flag in that it's broadsides and turrets (the "galaxy" is 2D for the player, but fighter craft can duck and dodge on the Y plane which makes it interesting).

Procedurally generated star systems afaik too, so it's a different game for everyone barring the main story I believe.

I'm having a lot of fun, there's a bit of grind if you wanna pimp out your ship with improved weapons (and boy will you need to). Trying to save up a couple of million for a particularly swank looking hast and heavy frigate with a decent storage hold. The massive dreadnought class ships are 20 million credits, so they definitely want you to spend a lot of time in the game to save up for them :D

[edit]
    I forgot to mention, it has a really fun soundtrack :)

tl;dr: Did you like AC Black Flag's naval combat? You'll like this a lot cause it's the same idea, but in space.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

yeah i got it too, two guys formerly from Runic Games (Torchlight) made it.
    It's a bit grindy alright but it's decent and yeah the soundtrack is class :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I've never heard of this.

I loved black flag so definitely will look into it. Is it single player?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

yep, single player only afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Picked it up this afternoon, only put about 2 hours in so far and enjoying it, still getting used to the combat and trying to figure out what kind of weapons build I'll go for

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Man this is an awesome little game. Free on PSN for the month too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've tried it a few times, and just can't get into it. It's got loads to do, but it just doesn't hold my attention for very long.

Advertisement