Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to use mircellar water

Options
  • 31-10-2015 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I use micellar water to take off my makeup, it feels less bold than using wipes! I'd just use it on a cotton pad to wipe it all off then go in with a cleanser afterwards just to make sure my skin is properly clean. I've used Bioderma & the Garnier one you mentioned and don't really see a difference between them except the Garnier one is much easier to find in the shops.

I've heard the Simple one is good, has anyone used it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

I take off my make up with lush ultrabland and use they Vichy micellar water to go take that off if it makes sense!
    I find it's lovely and refreshing on my skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I had an allergic reaction to the garnier one :( so I'd also be interested to hear if the simple one is good! Afraid to try any other brand now, heh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Pour a little onto a cotton pad and swipe over your eyes and face to remove your make-up. That's all.

The best thing about is that it really gets rid of heavy eyeshadow/liner/mascara with little effort but you'll probably end up using a load of cotton pads.

The other thing is that my face never feels clean afterwards and still have to use my face wash to get that deep down feeling.
    It is worth it for eye-make up remover at least.

I love the Garnier one in the pink bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I have used the pink Garnier one. It's really light and takes off everything including waterproof makeup. I like that it does't feel like it leaves a residue behind either.

You don't really need any instructions on how to use it, but there is one here. I just put it on cotton pads and swipe all over until the cotton comes back clean.

I see there is a pink and a blue Garnier one in Penneys but I haven't checked to see what the difference is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Valentina wrote:
    I see there is a pink and a blue Garnier one in Penneys but I haven't checked to see what the difference is.

It's a green bottle and is for combination/sensitive skin. So might be worth trying for anyone who has a reaction to the pink bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cutiepiexo

I use the garnier one to take my makeup off and to cleanse my skin with I find it brill I soak it on 2 to 3 cotton pads it really takes all the dirt out of your skin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm using the simple one at the moment and I like it much better than garnier.
    Garnier made my face feel burning and tight. The simple one is so gentle, and does a really good job of removing makeup. My skin never feels properly clean though so I do make sure to go in with a cleanser after using it but it's great for leaving skin feeling refreshed

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

GaGa21 wrote:
    It's a green bottle and is for combination/sensitive skin. So might be worth trying for anyone who has a reaction to the pink bottle.
    I use micellar water for makeup removal prior to cleansing. I have tried both the Garnier pink & green - I had no problem with the pink one but the green one (for sensitive skin) stings my eyes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I am pretty sure that the green/blue Garnier is for acne-prone skin as opposed to sensitive skin. It has alcohol in it anyway, which the pink one doesn't, so that's probably why it stung your eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Micellar water isn't intended to be used as a cleanser, I would only use it occasionally as a pre-cleanse when I have a lot of make-up on. I don't rate the Garnier one at all, crap ingredients, it's akin to soapy water. For a budget option both Ziaja sensitive range and and the new Una Brennan probiotic cleansing waters are great, both are also fragrance -free.

Advertisement