Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Pulse Setting

• 31-10-2015 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi,

I have upgraded my HKC alarm and the engineer has enabled the shock and contact sensor on our bedroom window which is a fairly big window

Recently the alarm went off on that zone which said pulse. I putting my money on it that it was our bedroom window that set the alarm off as it is PVC you can hear in flex in the wind or expand in the sun

I decided to replace the two sensors and changed the pulse and gross from 4 to 6. What I'm trying to find out is there a setting between 4 and 9 I should set the sensor to to try and stop false alarms?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭altor

itsomana wrote: »
    Hi,

I have upgraded my HKC alarm and the engineer has enabled the shock and contact sensor on our bedroom window which is a fairly big window

Recently the alarm went off on that zone which said pulse. I putting my money on it that it was our bedroom window that set the alarm off as it is PVC you can hear in flex in the wind or expand in the sun

I decided to replace the two sensors and changed the pulse and gross from 4 to 6. What I'm trying to find out is there a setting between 4 and 9 I should set the sensor to to try and stop false alarms?

Thanks in advance for your help.

The higher the value the less sensitive the sensor will be.
    When you disarm the alarm did it not say what zone activated?
    You also have to remember this could be a loop of sensors as opposed to just this window causing the issue.

Advertisement