Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bosco's Butcher

Options
  • 31-10-2015 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭

Shame to see them gone out of the Fairgreen. Used pop in the odd time. Was pretty good value if not the most amazing quality.
    Notice says thye are doing everything from their depot on the O'Brien road. Never been in that but I assume it's more cost effective for them.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

That and parking, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

That and parking, I suppose.

Parking would've been okay in the Fairgreen. Remember when they had the shop in Tullow St?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

They need to get advertising; unless I've missed it I've seen nothing in the 3 Local Papers (if you can call the Carlow Courier that; I've "read" its Waterford & Kilkenny cousins & they're just as bad even for a freesheet but I digress.........).

Only sign I recall is in old butchers shop (think that's what it was anyway) on Barrack St. between the JT & the (old....there's a pattern emerging!) opticians & the Carry Out.

Christmas is coming; there's goose & turkeys & ham to be ordered........!

On a slightly different note, it's good to see Carry Out & Tanning Shop & Nail Salon all back in business; the rebuilding job was done sharpish!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    They need to get advertising; unless I've missed it I've seen nothing in the 3 Local Papers (if you can call the Carlow Courier that; I've "read" its Waterford & Kilkenny cousins & they're just as bad even for a freesheet but I digress.........).

Only sign I recall is in old butchers shop (think that's what it was anyway) on Barrack St. between the JT & the (old....there's a pattern emerging!) opticians & the Carry Out.

Christmas is coming; there's goose & turkeys & ham to be ordered........!

Did not like Boscos, brutal stuff at times, just too bad to ever go back
    On a slightly different note, it's good to see Carry Out & Tanning Shop & Nail Salon all back in business; the rebuilding job was done sharpish!

It was rebuilt over night practically, good to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Don't mean to go off thread but is there a "Bosco" who owns it..... What a name if so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭screamer

If you want great meat and great prices I totally recommend clonmore meat. Best beef I've ever bought and no crap. Great prices and nice man there behind the counter he gives my little girl a lolly every week we go in to buy our meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

screamer wrote: »
    If you want great meat and great prices I totally recommend clonmore meat. Best beef I've ever bought and no crap. Great prices and nice man there behind the counter he gives my little girl a lolly every week we go in to buy our meat.

we go to farm to fork every week I'm a big fan of it and get the Lolly too!

Advertisement