Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games with great plot and story lines.

Options
13»

Comments

• Not to hog this as a Bioshock thread but considering we were discussing it.
    For anyone that wants to know; I picked up the NTSC version of the Ultimate Rapture Edition on EBay in the US (Pal version is extremely rare).
    Tested it today and to note it works on PAL x360 consoles.

It includes the Survivor difficulty, New Game+ mode and a new game mode that was included in the PS3 version.
    Also includes Bioshock 2 & all of the DLC content.

I'm hoping it's going to be supported via backwards compatibility also which is released sometime next week on X1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm quietly and most likely in vain hoping we get a single player offline Knights Of The Old Republic number three at some point in the future.
    Maybe with the combat being more like Jade Empire than letting the computer and hidden dice rolls do the combat for you.
    Maybe Force Unleashed in combat and KOTOR out of combat.

Even if they did a prequel that featured the much talked about(in game) Mandalorion Wars where Revan and Malak were Jedi it would be amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

I'm quietly and most likely in vain hoping we get a single player offline Knights Of The Old Republic number three at some point in the future.

From what I've heard they have pretty much patched The Old Republic into a single player, you can do pretty much anything on your own.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3rcpsy/star_wars_the_old_republics_new_expansion_isnt/

has me considering playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I'm still shocked how they could screw up KOTOR to the extent they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Burgo wrote: »
    From what I've heard they have pretty much patched The Old Republic into a single player, you can do pretty much anything on your own.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3rcpsy/star_wars_the_old_republics_new_expansion_isnt/

has me considering playing it.
    I'd still need a computer or advanced laptop plus the subscription to play though wouldn't I?

A topic for another thread I'd say but KOTOR story blew me away and I enjoyed the gameplay elements of the second one.
    Though the story didn't pack quite the same punch, in my opinion at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Great plot and story? Easy, the Legacy of Kain series (if that's what you're into). The games still play well to this day, having only gone through them again recently as i got the entire series on GOG for about €5. I still recommend them to every gamer i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

LA Noire was all story but the was let down by the playability.

It's still hard to beat The Last of Us when it comes to a great game with a great story.

I also enjoyed the storyline and character development in Far Cry 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

They may be old but Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II and it's sequel Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast have nice stories in them. Obviously narrative in games has come on a lot since, but these two feel very much in the spirit of the original films.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'll get lynched here...but the story in The Last of Us was just average.
    The character interaction and development was brilliant, absolutely fantastic.
    But the overall main story arc....was average and nothing special.
    There's a virus, there's a cure/someone is immune , they have to get them to the right place....I know that's way oversimplifying it...but it's basically it.

Advertisement