Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build Advice and review

Options
  • 31-10-2015 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Looking to upgrade my rig. This is the build i have so far and trying to source best prices on parts. I don't really know where to source these parts for the best prices. Looking at the gfx card on adverts at the moment.
    Also looking at dabs.ie and pixmania.

Do you guys think this rig will be worth it? I already have a rig which i'm gonna salvage the case/power supply/network card and software from

€165 Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING PRO Intel Z170 LGA1151 DDR4 PCIe M.2 USB3.1 ATX
    €240 CPU: Intel Core i5-6600 3.30GHz 6th Gen Skylake CPU S1151 6MB
    €385 GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 1279MHz 4GB PCI-Express 3.0 HDMI Gaming TFV
    €110 SSD: Samsung 250GB 850 EVO Series SATA 6Gb/s 2.5" SSD
    €154 RAM: G Skill Ripjaws 4 F4-2400C15Q-16GRK 16GB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

No need in such an expensive board with a non overclockable chip.

Amazon, mindfactory and computer universe are all used here for parts too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

No need in such an expensive board with a non overclockable chip.

Amazon, mindfactory and computer universe are all used here for parts too

I was choosing that motherboard to keep my options open to getting another gtx 970 and using SLI, but that might be a bit far winded as i don't even intend to overclock the rig. What motherboard would you recommend? Given that i'll be getting DDR4 ram and the socket LGA1151?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Does that one have 2 x16 or x8 slots? Just looked at a few cheaper ones but they only had an x16 an x4, so you might he to get a Z710 for your needs

Advertisement