Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Front page redirects to download a strange file

Options
  • 01-11-2015 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭

I'm checking on my computer for an infection, but for me the Boards.ie Front page redirects to download a strange file

I get this message....

7RhI7dD.png

And the front page tries to redirect to......

mdJ7Okk.png

Nate

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Almost certainly a dodgy ad. Did you catch the URL of the ad that was displayed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Strange, as I run Adblock - I didn't see any ads, to note it.

Problem seem to have gone now too.

Nate

Any time it happened with me on iOS, if I cancelled the download, an Energia ad appeared on the top of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Just got the same pop up - I'm running adblock & have ads disabled as a subscriber.

Seems there's a few more people reporting it in Feedback too.

It does seem that the site is constantly trying to load asset.pagefair.com though.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

I have just had this also. Didn't click on any ad, just on the boards logo on the top left of the screen. Only ad I could see on the screen was one for Opel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭moneymad

Same here i also run adblock plus on firefox

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Closing, as this isn't a boards.ie issue, and was the ad network as it first appeared.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement