Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ABRSM or RIAM Singing Exams

• 01-11-2015 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey,
    So I'm about to do singing lessons and I am just wondering if anyone has had any experience with ABRSM or RIAM singing grades and which grades are better.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I've done riam up to grade 7 and I'm switching to abrsm for 8, for singing. From my other experience with abrsm in the past they're quite strict in general compared to riam and they'll mark more harshly. I've to do an extra song in abrsm and a traditional one as well so it's a bit more than riam requires, I think.
    The aural tests in riam were pretty easy compared to what I remember of abrsm so maybe that's a factor for you to consider, I don't know.
    Other than that I'm just switching because of the syllabus. I don't know about "better" :)

Advertisement