Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

marathon blues

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭gosh123

RayCun wrote: »
    You're not doing Manchester then?

No i mentioned im not doin it wil only do dcm this year focus on short stuff til august.
    I know what im doin goin forward and wil only benifit from the training iv been doin there,l be big pbs late march april

Monday
    6miles am
    6miles pm

Iv decided to go back to doing what was working for me before raheny plan wise and milage wise.
    I think id finally found the right balance in my training doin what i was doin then before i increased the milage with manchester in mind that led to problems with my hip and led to me making a decision to drop out of it and just run dcm this year focus on the short stuff til august.

Tuesday
    I decided to run a 2/2mile speed session today to see how i was.
    I wanted a long enough fast effort rep to put my mind at ease that i was on the mend and havint suddenly became unfit lost my speed ect
    Needed to put my mind at ease.

I done the session on the firhouse road and the reps were a bit of a mismatch with the wind.
    My first rep i struggled getting blown left and right as i ran into a strong gale.
    400m in i thought about just doin a mile rep the wind was that bad but decided just ignore the time and put in a decent effort.

The 2nd rep i coasted back down the firhouse rd wind on my back not even out of breath after running 3 20 kms so i didn take much from the session other than my hip was fine
    I took 3min interval

1st 2mile rep 3 35 a km pace

2nd 2mile rep 3 20 a km pace

Wednesday
    Am 9 miles
    Pm 6 miles
    Run in and out of work about 7 17 a mile pace for both

Thursday
    Am 11 miles
    Pm 6 miles
    Felt ok throughout al my runs since monday so i decided id do a pkrun saturday see were im at .

Friday
    Rest day

Saturday
    Griffeen pkrun
    I took to the line and noticed a lad from tallaght ac was there the current course record holder and thought id just try beat or hold onto him see how i go.
    The first mile was pretty fast 5 12 and although i felt good there is bridge crossing were u lose momentum a bit and come mile two the tallaght lad pulled away from me.
    I wasnt to bothered maybe i should of sat of him but sure its a pkrun no harm goin for it now n again.
    I crossed the line in 16 55 and il admit i should of kept pushing but in my eyes by the 4th km the race pkrun i mean :-) was over so i didn finish as strong as i should.
    My hip was fine feel im coming into a bit of form again now though.

2nd place 16 55

Sunday
    15 miles 7 17 a mile
    Longrun around tallaght .
    Il keep my lsr at 15 /16 miles now so i can build some strenght for when i do start training for dcm.
    I did feel my hip slightly come mile 14 just confirms to me i was right to drop out of manchester

Monday
    Am
    6miles run to work and must admit i felt alot fresher today than i have previous mondays

7 20 a mile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

a lad from tallaght ac

TheRoadRunner :)

Monday
    6miles am
    6miles pm
    7 20 a mile

Tuesday
    8/400s 3min km pace
    4/200s 2min 40 pace
    A clubrace was organised against tallaght ac for saturday so i decided to do a bit of short sharp speed work tune up the legs a bit so im a bit sharper goin into it.
    I done the session on my lunchbreak on a 400m stretch beside the spawell .
    Its a straight strech flat so perfect for the session
    I took a 1min interval between reps and after a sluggish first 400m i was fine legs kicked into gear .
    By the time id the 8reps done my legs did feel a bit heavy tryn to increase the pace for the 200s so just held at a managable pace witout goin to hard.

Wednesday
    9miles
    Run to work
    Pm 6miles home
    7 15ish pace per mile

Thursday
    I woke up late which ment a shorter run to work than planned. I had planned 11 but could only fit in 8miles and it did bug me for the day.
    Its a nice change seen the bright mornings coming back in a change from doin most runs in the dark.
    Pm 6mile run home 7 30ish pace

Friday
    Rest day

Saturday
    Grudge match v tallaght ac tymon pkrun
    I was a bit confident goin into this i know the course well so felt i could give most runners a run for there money on the course.

Before the race i could see tallaght brought down one of there big hitters and im not one to shy away from a challenge but i accepted before it i wouldn be goin after him out of my league for now :-)

As the pkrun begins there was alot of moving about tryn to figure out who was doin what i knew the lad i ran against road runner was running so figured if i stayed around him il be doin ok .
    The first km is a bit of a drag although there is a downhil 200m start for the next 1200/300m u working to keep pace not flat by any means.
    My plan was goin ok by there 1st km i was in 3rd on the shoulder of roadrunner and feeling ok.

As we push on to the 2nd and 3rd km kind of sharing 2nd place it was hear i began to feel good . I was saying to myself wil i move hear or hold it for last km i knew id be in for a battle wat ever i chose to do and ended up playing it safe a decision i do regret now.

The last mile in tymon is rough no other way to describe it id planned in my head get to the last km and il try take roadrunner there but about 1200m from home he pulled away from me and i wasnt goin with him not today as i switched my focus to tryn to do the clubrecord on the course . A few glances at the watch coming up the last km i knew i was on to beat it and did by 1second 16 45 3rd place
    Splits
    1st km 3 13
    2nd km 3 13
    3rd km 3 20
    4th km 3 25
    5th km 3 29

I was a little frustrated not to be closer to the two tallaght lads when looking at the times afterwards but im planning to do msb 5km and wil taper for it so il know were im at over 5km next week on fresh legs.

Sunday
    16miles
    Up early 5 45 am i left the house at took in tallaght rathfarmham tymon pk kilnamanagh city west handy enough run.
    Its alot easier known ur lsr wil be less than two hours now im not doin a marathon
    7 20 a mile

Monday
    Am 6mile
    Pm 6mile
    7 20 a mile

Tuesday
    6/800 3 16 per km pace 90sec interval
    Clubsession ran on the grass in cherryfield a nice warm evening for it made a nice change running on the grass although u do have to work the legs a bit more

Wednesday
    6miles on my lunch taper taper taper time plan to be fresh sunday give it a right go

Advertisement