Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can you buy fresh, exotic fruit in Cork?

Options
  • 01-11-2015 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows somewhere in Cork you can buy fresh, exotic fruit such as Mangosteens, Lychees and Dragon Fruit?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭david65

don't know about Mangosteens, but my local Lidl(macroom) had Dragonfruit and Lycees this morning. Try Lidl

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Fresh Mangosteens, Lychees and Dragon Fruit in Ireland ... sorry they don't grow in Ireland so not possible to get fresh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Fresh Mangosteens, Lychees and Dragon Fruit in Ireland ... sorry they don't grow in Ireland so not possible to get fresh.

By fresh I meant not dried or canned. Thought that was pretty obvious.
    david65 wrote: »
    don't know about Mangosteens, but my local Lidl(macroom) had Dragonfruit and Lycees this morning. Try Lidl

Thanks a mil David! Will try my local Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Looks like ive been eating rotten bananas all along so!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Tesco do dragon fruit and lycees also... The one in Douglas defo does them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

If you want dragonfruit go to the market. The ones they have in Tesco and occasionally Dunnes are ridiculously small and the price. While they will never be like what you get in asia, they are a far better size. Although Tesco seem to have red dragonfruit slip in now and then, which was a surprise when i cut the fruit. I never had one in my time in asia. Only the white flesh ones. Although i noticed no flavour difference.

Dunnes Douglas do Lycees as well, they do ugli fruit as well if its any interest to you, along with some other oddball tropical fruit.

Advertisement