Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toys R Us are doing another 20% off??

• 01-11-2015 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Are Toys R Us doing another 20% off this week in Limerick?? My friend called earlier and said they are doing it for another 3 days? This is fantastic if they are. I missed the last one coz i was on holidays. They have some great stuff that i couldnt see anywhere else.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

It's on from the 2nd to the 4th this month. http://www.toysrus.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ellabelle

Thats fantastic news. Thanks a million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

ellabelle wrote: »
    Thats fantastic news. Thanks a million.

They seem to be much more expensive than Smyth's et al.

wingnut wrote: »
    They seem to be much more expensive than Smyth's et al.

I dunno i found them good now on alot of things. Some things were a little, but I suppose it depends what ur lookin for. My girls got a few of their own stuff which was good. I like them in there. Think ill give them a go this christmas.

there so expensive though

• Advertisement

there so expensive though

I think aswell though isnt there some law that u cant sell things cheaper or bring prices down unless ur open for a certain amount of time? Id say they will end up being the cheapest toy shop. I dunno i just like the shop too. Its spacious and i dont feel like everyone is up on top of me all the time. I suppose everything iv got so far has been cheaper, suppose wud be a diff story for me if it wasnt lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Funny that as they are exactly 20% more expensive than smyths for any lego star wars set I was looking at feckin chancers!

To be fair, i always went to smyths but they lost my business when i had priced bits before their 20% and then they put up all the prices the day before. Couldnt believe it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

ellabelle wrote: »
    To be fair, i always went to smyths but they lost my business when i had priced bits before their 20% and then they put up all the prices the day before. Couldnt believe it!!
    They are all at it if that's the case Argos did just that aswell with lego last month !
    I'm not up to date with prices on other toys so they are all as guilty of a con job!

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    They are all at it if that's the case Argos did just that aswell with lego last month !
    I'm not up to date with prices on other toys so they are all as guilty of a con job!

Ya i did notice that argos put up their lego too. You are right. Well i know smyths and toys r us are the same price for lego, so it depends which one tickles your fancy. Toys r us were more expensive but it has come down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Do you work for ToysRUs ellabelle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭riverrocked

I was in there the other day after going to Smyths and the two things I was looking for were both €10 more than in Smyths, saying that the store itself is much nicer than Smyths which feels like a warehouse. They aren't that far from each other and you need to drive to get to either so better off checking post when there is that much in the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I noticed a mouse (or rat) in their last week. Was buying something at the counter and what ever way I looked over at the side (the wall by the lego) I seen something small running from behind one of the shelves to behind another.............

Now Im not saying the place is infested. Its just a mixture of it being a newly renovated place and the works going on in the site next door. But dam it was a little disheartening. Especially when I want ToysRUs to succeed.

I wont be back there for a few weeks anyway until I get the image out of my head.

Just a heads up not to leave yer kids eat anything off the ground there

Advertisement