Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improv/theatre

Options
  • 01-11-2015 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know of any improv classes, theatre groups, singing classes etc in Waterford for adults who are beginners?

I am especially interested in improv/comedy but anything I can find is in Dublin. The theatre groups I found in Waterford seem to only do classes/lessons for children.

If anyone could point me towards any of the above in or around Waterford I would be most grateful.

Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Is it only classes you're looking for? Because I don't think I've ever heard of such a thing in Waterford.

In terms of theatre, there are a number of amateur groups. Waterford Musical Society, for example, will be putting on Oklahoma in the Theatre Royal next May. I'd guess rehearsals would start sometime around January/February. They're holding a table quiz in The Munster on Saturday, November 14th.

If it's singing and you're a guy, Intonations Waterford are a choir that are always looking for male members. It's not typical choral stuff, more choral arrangements of popular songs etc.

Both of these groups are on Facebook, you could check them out if you're interested. There were no auditions for either group last year, in case that's something you'd be fearful of. Aside from that, there are numerous other groups out there but I'm pretty sure none of them do classes, you just go along and figure it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭GunnerBlue

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Is it only classes you're looking for? Because I don't think I've ever heard of such a thing in Waterford.

In terms of theatre, there are a number of amateur groups. Waterford Musical Society, for example, will be putting on Oklahoma in the Theatre Royal next May. I'd guess rehearsals would start sometime around January/February. They're holding a table quiz in The Munster on Saturday, November 14th.

If it's singing and you're a guy, Intonations Waterford are a choir that are always looking for male members. It's not typical choral stuff, more choral arrangements of popular songs etc.

Both of these groups are on Facebook, you could check them out if you're interested. There were no auditions for either group last year, in case that's something you'd be fearful of. Aside from that, there are numerous other groups out there but I'm pretty sure none of them do classes, you just go along and figure it out!

That's great nkay, thanks very much for that. I'm female so Intonations is out but I may just take your suggestion of going along to a group and giving it a go :)

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

GunnerBlue wrote: »
    That's great nkay, thanks very much for that. I'm female so Intonations is out but I may just take your suggestion of going along to a group and giving it a go :)

Thanks again.

No problem. Follow Waterford Musical Society on Facebook and they'll be posting about the new production over the next couple of months, I'm sure. If you get involved there, you'll kind of get to know a lot of the people involved in that whole circle which might get you information on what you actually want to do. It's not really a clique like theatre sometimes can be in Waterford, it was set up for everyone so is a great starting point.

Feel free to drop me a message or whatever if you need anymore help.

Advertisement