Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adoption

• 01-11-2015 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hey all
    Myself and hubbie want to adopt a small dog (as we have a small garden) (ideally younger but already trained, but we aren't fussy). I know sometimes families get pets that then they realise aren't working out for whatever reason and just wondering if anyone knows a reputable way to seek out a dog - I know many people have ideas about some of the more common advertising sites in Ireland and we definitely don't want a puppy from a car boot etc. (We went to <snip> but they only have larger dogs or dogs in pairs and all beautiful but just not suitable for our house).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭HarrietD

We have just adopted 2 amazing small puppies from a rescue (can't name on here as forum doesn't allow). It may take some time to find a dog that suits you but google the rescue websites regularly and sign up for their facebook pages. There are plenty of dogs available of all sizes, types and ages. Also phone and visit the ones which have premises regularly. Make sure you have home ready for a dog i.e fence is secure etc. as a dog may come available quicker than you think. There will be a home check and an assessment of your lifestyle etc to make sure you are matched with a suitable dog. Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

Reputable rescues are probably the best way to get an older dog - have a look at a few I'm sure one will have a dog that will suit you. Let us know what area you are in so people maybe able to pm you with names of a rescue.

Alternatively, pop into a few vets and see if they know of any dogs for rehoming. People often put up notices on their boards and no harm to get to know the staff in the local vets as you will be needing them later. Some of the larger pet shops have a notice board which have rehoming notices and some have linked up with adoption groups. The shops often invite the adoption groups into on certain day with animals they are seeking to rehome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭frash

We're collecting a dog from <snip> at the weekend - suggest you try there
    <link snipped>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

Link up to all the rescues on Facebook too. Just because you've a small garden doesn't mean you must get a small dog either. My dogs dont utilize our garden at all, they just toilet and sit at the back door waiting to come back in and ones a border collie! They get their exercise from walks. Dogs in general dont go outside on their own and start doing laps of the garden, you need to exercise with them. Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭jimf

if you post what area you live somebody may be able to pm you details of dogs which may be suitable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭etymon

Live right beside Phoenix Park, Dublin 7 (dog heaven!)

Thanks so far guys

Advertisement