Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardies discount on Freetv.ie

• 01-11-2015 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Freetv.ie are offering 7.5% discount to boards.ie members. Just enter the code "BOARDS" on the checkout page. Used it myself last week on purchase of a Technomate sat receiver.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Very decent guys to deal with & they frequently post really useful DIY & product review guides on YT.

https://www.youtube.com/user/tvtradedave/videos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭brevity

Quick question, there is a Sky dish on the house I'm renting. If I buy on of these free sat boxes, is it easy to set up - plug and play etc? I'd be fine tuning in channels but I don't need someone messing with the dish do I?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

That through boards or they post here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

brevity wrote: »
    Quick question, there is a Sky dish on the house I'm renting. If I buy on of these free sat boxes, is it easy to set up - plug and play etc? I'd be fine tuning in channels but I don't need someone messing with the dish do I?

Nope, just plug it in, dish is pointing at right sat unless you want European channels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

brevity wrote: »

Assuming the dish is correctly aligned, then just connect your coax cable & scan for available channels. I'd always recommend folks go for a Freesat branded box as opposed to most generic FTA (free to air) boxes, as the former deliver a 7-day epg & an altogether better UI.

http://www.freesat.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭championc

Go for a Linux based Enigma2 box and it can then do other things too :):wink:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭redzer

championc wrote: »

I got the Technomate Nano 3T. It's Linux based and is very quick. It's got a 1300MHz Broadcom processor.Have most of the channels set up. Having trouble getting picons (?) installed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,058 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

redzer wrote: »
    I got the Technomate Nano 3T. It's Linux based and is very quick. It's got a 1300MHz Broadcom processor.Have most of the channels set up. Having trouble getting picons (?) installed.

Plenty of help on the sat forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=55

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

championc wrote: »

can you put kodi on this box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,333 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I've bought from freetv.ie in the past and they are great to deal with. Their youtube videos that Yamanoto linked to are also handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 xdark

redzer wrote: »
    code "BOARDS"
    Not working anymore 19/12/2015. I have got this msg:
    There is no such discount coupon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

xdark wrote: »
    Not working anymore 19/12/2015. I have got this msg:
    There is no such discount coupon

Use BOARDS not this "BOARDS"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭maik3n

This discount still works, in case anyone is looking at doing some Christmas shopping. 😉

Advertisement