Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridge Mode

• 01-11-2015 5:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is bridge mode, port forwarding all enabled on the eir routers? Looks like ill be moving from UPC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi,

Is bridge mode, port forwarding all enabled on the eir routers? Looks like ill be moving from UPC
    Hi Kenny Powers

While eir do not assist or provide help/support for setting up port forwarding of bridging it is indeed possible to arrange this at your own discretion. Here's a handy link to where others have done this themselves:

https://community.eircom.ie/broadband-25/how-do-i-set-up-custom-port-forwarding-on-f2000-257207

Thanks
    AL

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭illingworth22

I have a couple of Fiber Broadband Questions.....

1) Firstly what are the down and up speeds for Dublin 11, Jamestown Road.
    2) When you do a new install who is responsible for the wiring into the house, say for example I wanted the Phone Point at the back of the house
    3) Is your Fiber Broadband delivered via Co Ax the same as Virgin or via the phone line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

You have posted under a thread about bridge mode so may not get a reply.  Its such a bad day I am at a loose end so heres a bit of help.

1.  You can go to eir site and put in your tel number and it will tell you the download speed for you line,  its not easy to find but pretend you are going to buy a package and the checker will pop up.  I did a check for 101 jamestown and it came back with 25mb down. You wont get an upload speed until you actually contactt eir direct ie by phone even then it may be waffle.  efiber is dependent on distance from the cabinet.  Closer means better.  I am 800m and get 36mb down and 8.6mb up. (not in dublin)

2. a new install they may insist on putting first point in hall ie shortest, if you want it elsewhere they may charge or if a nice person do it for free.

3.  Its the phone line ie the copper wire,  this goes to the cabinet and all the way back to exchange for tel calls,  they hook in the fibre to it at the cabinet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

I have a couple of Fiber Broadband Questions.....

1) Firstly what are the down and up speeds for Dublin 11, Jamestown Road.
    2) When you do a new install who is responsible for the wiring into the house, say for example I wanted the Phone Point at the back of the house
    3) Is your Fiber Broadband delivered via Co Ax the same as Virgin or via the phone line?
    Hi illingworth22

Speeds will depend on a per address/line basis - ultimately it's "up to" 100Mb but speeds depend on the lines distance from the Fibre cabinet. When ordering your are informed of the approximate speed to expect.

KNN networks under instruction of eir currently arrange installation to to existing main socket point.

Eir efibre is delivered over the phone line which is conneced to the VDSL cabinet via copper cable. The VDSL cabinet is connected to the local telephone exchange via Fibre cable.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1 paulmcdaid1978

Hi, I am starting to work from home,and i have a problem with, trying to configure my "EIR F2000 in to "bridge mode" i have followed the steps but i can only get this far, its not letting me past, this which keeps coming up "Message
    Warning
    The current WAN is not connected, please choose the connected WAN. The bridged mode will disable the service of TR069, VOIP, DHCP, Firewall and WIFI when you click OK. If your want to recover the previous setting, you need reset the home gateway.

Can you please advise?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi, I am starting to work from home,and i have a problem with, trying to configure my "EIR F2000 in to "bridge mode" i have followed the steps but i can only get this far, its not letting me past, this which keeps coming up "Message
    Warning
    The current WAN is not connected, please choose the connected WAN. The bridged mode will disable the service of TR069, VOIP, DHCP, Firewall and WIFI when you click OK. If your want to recover the previous setting, you need reset the home gateway.

Can you please advise?
    Hi paulmcdaid1978, 

I'm afraid as we don't support bridging I would be unable to assist you any further. 

I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement