Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open second current account online? (Ulster Bank)

• 01-11-2015 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hello,

With my Swiss bank (no no, nothing illegal, I am actually Swiss), I am able to login online to my eBanking and open up a second current account, without the need to physically drop by the bank.
    I was wondering if this is possible with Ulster Bank as well. I am in need of a second current account, however I am not in Ireland for the next 4 weeks. I logged into the eBanking of UlsterBank but couldn't find anything straight away.
    The reason for this is, that I have several payments coming in and want them to be separate from the bank account I am actively using.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

SwissK wrote: »
    Hello,
    I was wondering if this is possible with Ulster Bank as well. I am in need of a second current account, however I am not in Ireland for the next 4 weeks. I logged into the eBanking of UlsterBank but couldn't find anything straight away.

Online application available at

http://digital.ulsterbank.ie/personal/current-accounts/current-account/apply-now.html

or directly from your right panel on anytime banking

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SwissK

Pablo1802 wrote: »
    Online application available at

or directly from your right panel on anytime banking

Hi,
    Thank you. Unfortunately this is not what I was looking for. This simply let's me fill out the application online, which I then can print out and drop by the bank with passport and other required documents. With my Swiss bank, if I already have a bank account, I can simply click a few buttons and open a 2nd bank account, and the card and PIN are being sent next day without me going to the bank myself.

Doesn't seem to be possible with Irish Banks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

SwissK wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thank you. Unfortunately this is not what I was looking for. This simply let's me fill out the application online, which I then can print out and drop by the bank with passport and other required documents.

That is not corect.
    If you are existing customer with online banking, everything goes online.
    You have to choose the right option to apply.
    IF UB approves your application, on the next day account will be opened and visible on your anytime banking.

Advertisement