Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat's 'Dangles'

• 01-11-2015 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hello!

Yesterday I changed my cat's food, and unfortunately this did NOT go well! The poor thing came in from the garden today having done a very runny pooh. He's a long haired cat, so there's a load of pooh stuck to his fur! It's pretty smelly to say the least.

I'm looking for a bit of advice on dealing with these 'dangleberries'! I managed to cut a few bits off with a small scissors but this is far from ideal and not all that safe if he moves suddenly. Has anyone else had this problem, and what did you do?

I have got back to his old food, and will just let him have water for the next 24 hours to hopefully make sure it's all out of his system.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Baby wipes have helped my fluffy trouser'd pooches in times of need.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I have two longhair cats and I trim their back ends quite regularly as 'things' get stuck in them from time. The female sometimes gets hers wet, and then wants to come up and sit on me so it's our best interests to keep it short! It helps that they're both very tame, though. She lets me do anything to her, but he gets narky sometimes so I snip a bit off when he's sleeping. I am careful though, and never get too close to any skin; it's really just the excess bits that get in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Bartok

Thanks Alicat,

Do you use a special trimmer or just a scissors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Also as a side note.

When changing a cat or dogs food to another type or brand it should be done gradually over the space of a week or more, changing the ratio of old/new food each day.

It decreases the likelyhood of such an upset stomach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Just a scissors, but if you're unsure you could use it like a hairdresser does; hold the hair in between two fingers, with your knuckles against the cat's skin (protecting it), and use the scissors on the hair coming through the inside of your fingers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

Yes, I also have one that I have to trim the bum beard.VERY CAREFULLY is obvs the way to go, and I too generally wait till she's asleep. Toilet wipes are also good to always have on hand too....

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

We tend to trim our two cats every so often as well because the hair is quite long at the back and it does smell.
    We bought a pet hair trimmer from Aldi a couple of months ago and it works great.
    There is no better facial reaction in the world than when you stick a trimmer near a cats a**e and he looks at you with a "What the f*** do you think you are doing?"

Advertisement