Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for some advice (5720)

• 01-11-2015 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for some advice.

I've been friends with a woman for the about 5 years. About 3 months ago, she started flirting with me (she constantly flirts with everybody (guys and girls)). She'd be texting me on Viber at all hours of the day and night. Started off as harmless stuff, but in the last few weeks, she has started sending me fairly explicit and risque texts, such as fantasies, her love life, etc. These have included stickers, texts and pictures. She also wants me to go to the movies with her, as she wants to "show me something".

Now here's the catch. She is a married woman. She's been married for about 10 years, and has 2 children (one preteen, one toddler). From speaking to her, I know that she hasprevious experience of doing this, and has done it on a number of occasions. I, on the other hand, am single.

If it goes the way I think it will go, then if I turn her down, I may lose the friendship. However, if I go along with it, then I could breakup her family, or it will fizzle out in a few months, and then I will probably ruin the friendship.

My question is, any advice on what path I should take?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

While she is in a relationship you steer clear. There is no choice here in my opinion. You dont even sound that pushed by her from your post, so why would risk the drama and potential hurt this could cause? Stop replying to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭OneOfThem

If there's a risk you may lose the friendship by choosing to decline the offer of fvcking around with a married woman behind her husband's and kids' backs, then it's probably not the greatest friendship in the world and she's probably not the greatest friend in the world. Friendships are supposed to be at risk because you fvck the friend over, not because you choose not to help them fvck other people over for a laugh. If that is what she's at tell her to go and ****e. She's a ****ty friend for even considering putting you in that position to begin with. No loss really.

(All going in the presumption that you're correct about what's going on, of course.)

(You're not exactly covering yourself in glory here either man. You mention a concern of breaking up her family, and you mention her kids ages, as if you give a crap. But it doesn't sound like she's sending you these pictures and things and you're replying "Liz, what the fvck are you at sending me stuff like that? Put your knickers back on and go pick your kid up from the crèche". Shoulda nipped that crap in the bud from the outset if you were that concerned about being involved in the breakup of her family).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

You're thinking with a certain organ here and it's not your brain. Getting involved with this woman would be more trouble than it's worth. Do you really want to break up a marriage and mess up her husband's and kid's lives? Not to mention the mess it'd leave in its wake.

Be honest here. You and this woman aren't friends any more. That line was crossed a long time ago. Which is the better option? Losing a friendship that's no longer platonic anyway? Or risking it all for a few cheap sh@gs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

She sounds fairly unhinged. No good can come of this OP and you know it. as they say "don't put your d in c"

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Dellnum

She is not free to have a relationship with you, so steer clear of her. She is not the right person for you, either as a friend or a g/f.
    She is teasing you to get a reaction and don't fall for the bait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I have no idea why you would want to preserve a friendship with someone who is just using you for a thrill, leading you on and making a fool out of you. She's done this before? There you go, she's a nasty piece of work just using fellas to make herself feel more powerful and attractive. I would bet that you've been friends for 5 years not for genuine reasons, but because you were on a long list and now it's your turn. She flirts with everybody? Yep, to see who'll kid themselves there's something in it for them and add themselves to the list.

Cop on, you mean nothing to her and there's no true friendship to lose.

Advertisement