Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a used Iphone 6

• 01-11-2015 10:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Looking to buy a used I phone 6 off Adverts, any hints on what I should look out for ?

Thanks in Advance

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hi All

Looking to buy a used I phone 6 off Adverts, any hints on what I should look out for ?

Thanks in Advance

If you do a search you should find loads of threads about buying used iPhones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

Hi All

Thanks in Advance

Unlocked preferably, saves you worrying about it working on your network. Find my phone must be disabled or you won't be able to activate it. A person might claim it on insurance after selling it to you and it could be blacklisted. Avoid this with a reputable seller. Condition then, screen scratches would drive me nuts, has it been protected in a good case? Finally then price. 16Gb is just too small in my opinion. I like to keep TV shows on mine so need a good storage capacity. 64Gb is middle and 128Gb is the max. Decide what you will use it for and make a determination. Large iTunes libraries (mine is 72Gb) means you'll sync only a selection on a smaller capacity device.

Have fun, get a good person and you'll be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,322 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Check it will accept your sim card, try to get the original receipt from purchaser. If it has no manual or receipt assume it's stolen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Check it will accept your sim card, try to get the original receipt from purchaser. If it has no manual or receipt assume it's stolen.
    just buy from a seller with a good history of positive feedback. In this case, I'd not worry a jot about absence of a receipt, or anything else for that matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

many thanks for all your expert feedback :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

dodzy wrote: »
    just buy from a seller with a good history of positive feedback. In this case, I'd not worry a jot about absence of a receipt, or anything else for that matter.

Works for me all the time. Feedback is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Tallaghtfornia I know a seller with good feedback on adverts that has one ! 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

That's funny, I know one too and that same guy has in the past bought an XBox 360 from the very same OP. Good karma and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

@ Pete I haven't got one yet so still on the look out!!
    Cash burning a hole in my pocket:pac:

Advertisement