Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS hardware issue, fixable?

Options
  • 01-11-2015 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

Is it easy to fix?
    Will the likes of Vodafone fix it?
    What sort of price range am I looking at?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Rather vague question.

How do you know, what phone is it, under warranty. I could go on but......

GPS is part of the baseband/SoC most of the time, which is part of the motherboard. If its dead, its a motherboard replacement, which if not covered by warranty isn't economical most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

ED E wrote: »
    Rather vague question.

How do you know, what phone is it, under warranty. I could go on but......

GPS is part of the baseband/SoC most of the time, which is part of the motherboard. If its dead, its a motherboard replacement, which if not covered by warranty isn't economical most of the time.

I don't know for sure but I've tried everything to identify if it's a software issue and it seems it must be hard ware . Also someone on a forum had exact same issue as me and it was suggested to be more than likely hardware

It's an xperia z3 compact and I got it in February but I didn't buy it from an official Vodafone store so I'm just looking at my options.

I will have to go into the shop but making it home on time is proving a bit awkward at moment!

If I'd have to pay a lot I think I'll be leaving it unfixed which would be a pity as I had my last phone for 4 years and rely a bit on the GPS navigation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

If you bought it from any shop and its gone faulty you can bring it back...

If you bought it privately not a chance.

You're looking at out of warranty repair and really I doubt you will walk away with change out of 100 euro for anything when you factor in parts/labour etc.

Advertisement