Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Christmas Present Wish List

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

OU812 wrote: »
    This year, We decided not to get each other anything at all. Money's been tight & we have a big spend coming up in February, so we decided to just not do it. Having said that, I picked up a bottle of perfume for her to have under the tree..

that's really sweet, we aren't doing gifts really either as we are going to NYC next month, I might do him a little hamper of things he likes and a token or two,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

SarahLil wrote: »
    that's really sweet, we aren't doing gifts really either as we are going to NYC next month, I might do him a little hamper of things he likes and a token or two,

I always like the idea of those home made coupon books or a memory book. You know make a book of coupons for each other to redeem through the year like date night or night in with a movie or a back rub or something. It's a lovely idea. Or a memory book of some of your favourite memories /experiences from the year together as a couple (so the other person is hearing the memory through your prospective ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Well I have Christmas presents fairly well sorted for the Mrs and my 7 year old daughter.

Mrs will get perfume, makeup, nature dvd, and a paid for shopping spree where she takes a day off and buys the clothes she likes without me moaning in the background.

My kid will get an xbox 360, Lego and a few surprises.

I'll drop hints for a new tablet or a nice watch but will probably get socks. Ah well, that's life. It's better to give than to receive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

boobar wrote: »
    Well I have Christmas presents fairly well sorted for the Mrs and my 7 year old daughter.

Mrs will get perfume, makeup, nature dvd, and a paid for shopping spree where she takes a day off and buys the clothes she likes without me moaning in the background.

My kid will get an xbox 360, Lego and a few surprises.

I'll drop hints for a new tablet or a nice watch but will probably get socks. Ah well, that's life. It's better to give than to receive!

:) laughed too hard at the end of this lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

Nothing on my list. We had some tough times with recession a few years ago and decided no presents besides I'm an adult and can buy my own stuff. Every year all I wish for is time with my family and a magical Christmas for my little daughter a nice dinner a warm fire and a sprinkle of snow or frost on Xmas morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Honestly & I know it sounds weird or something, but while there's loads (& I do mean LOADS) I want, I find myself in the unusual place where there's absolutely nothing at all that I need.

The pleasure I get out of seeing others open their gifts really is their gift to me. I love picking the right thing for them & packaging it up right - I collect boxes all year long so that everything is a square or rectangular shape for wrapping, then I try to do a "theme" wrapping, rather than all different types of paper, I buy lots of the one type & also decorative parcel string or ribbon or something & really go overboard on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Honestly & I know it sounds weird or something, but while there's loads (& I do mean LOADS) I want, I find myself in the unusual place where there's absolutely nothing at all that I need.

I'm in the same position. It's the same every year. I'm part of a kris kindle where the budget is €50 and when I ask for something worth much less (because we have to ask for something specific and I can never think of anything that I need) the person ends up buying me something extra anyway, and I feel bad that they've gone to the trouble, so every year I try and fail to think of something else to add! It's a real first world problem and I know I'm very fortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Simon le Bon. fin. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

My family are always giving out that they never know what to get me, so I'm starting to make note of a few small bits. I'm leaving my mother in charge of it, so she can divide it out between anyone who doesn't know what to buy me.

I'm a giver, not a taker; I feel a tad awkward asking for stuff!

Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanse and Polish - Xmas Edition

River Island cat slippers

A selection of fluffy Christmas books that I can read in a day whilst relaxing with my Christmas cake and cups of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

I collect boxes all year long so that everything is a square or rectangular shape for wrapping, then I try to do a "theme" wrapping, rather than all different types of paper, I buy lots of the one type & also decorative parcel string or ribbon or something & really go overboard on it.

I love doing this too! I've kept an eye out for nice wrapping paper this year but I haven't seen any that I've loved yet.... Has anybody had any luck finding lovely wrapping paper or is it a bit early?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I always get paper in Hallmark or Easons. I haven't looked this year yet but it's usually in early enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Oh I think those must be the only two places I haven't looked! Thanks for the heads-up!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

There's really nothing in particular I want. Well, nothing that can be got for Christmas anyway (a house!) - although the little girl in Miracle on 34th Street got a house for Christmas! Maybe the man in red will do the same for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

EvSenn wrote: »
    I desparately need some new threads. It's getting embarrassing. Holes and worse.

I thought you meant you needed to stop reading the Christmas thread on boards! Then I read the second line.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I immediately thought boards threads when I read the word 'threads' too!

Advertisement