Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are funds not available

Options
  • 01-11-2015 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I transferred funds from a Bank Of Ireland Account into another Bank of Ireland account on Friday, the balance went down on one account and up on the other immediately, all done over the counter with pass cards.(only one account has online banking)

I did this because I specifically wanted to make the payment via eft from the second account

Sunday Night I tried to make a payment on line using the account with the electronic banking, it shows a balance which includes the transferred funds, but when I try to do transfer the funds are available funds figure has not increased.

Just how long does it take, should I have taken out the funds in cash? If I did so would I be charged extra for the withdrawal. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi ynotonavillus, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

When you make a transfer in branch or online from one Bank of Ireland account to another, this should be processed and the funds should be available to you within the day. If you contact Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 a representative will be able to investigate this and assist with clearing the funds as soon as possible for you. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ynotonavillus

Hi ynotonavillus, 

When you make a transfer in branch or online from one Bank of Ireland account to another, this should be processed and the funds should be available to you within the day. If you contact Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 a representative will be able to investigate this and assist with clearing the funds as soon as possible for you. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Thanks for the reply.

I rang that number and just got sent through menus which were not relevant.

I tried to transfer the funds several times and had no success, until shortly after 10pm.

The incident was embarrassing and annoying, I was paying for a course that began this morning and was waiting to be asked for payment, despite receiving confirmation that the initial transfer had gone through that payment had not arrived in the payees account at lunchtime today.

I feel that Bank Of Ireland online banking is not to be trusted to make transfers in a timely manner, and that what appears on the screen cannot be relied upon, at least AIB system lets you see the balance of available funds and pending transactions immediately and saves you the time and potential security risk of constantly trying to make the transfer in order to discover whether or not  funds are available.

regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi ynotonavillus, 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 
    Thanks for the reply.

I rang that number and just got sent through menus which were not relevant.

I tried to transfer the funds several times and had no success, until shortly after 10pm.

The incident was embarrassing and annoying, I was paying for a course that began this morning and was waiting to be asked for payment, despite receiving confirmation that the initial transfer had gone through that payment had not arrived in the payees account at lunchtime today.

I feel that Bank Of Ireland online banking is not to be trusted to make transfers in a timely manner, and that what appears on the screen cannot be relied upon, at least AIB system lets you see the balance of available funds and pending transactions immediately and saves you the time and potential security risk of constantly trying to make the transfer in order to discover whether or not  funds are available.

regards.
    Hi,

If you call BOI Direct and need to speak with an advisor select option 1 then select the * Key this will transfer you through to a representative.

When you make a transfer in branch or online from one Bank of Ireland account to another, this should be processed and the funds should be available to you within the day. 

If the payee you made the transfer to is not a bank of Ireland account the transfer will reach the payees bank the next working day once the transfer is made before 3.30pm which is the daily cut of time.

We hope this helps,

Tara C

Advertisement