Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Secret Santa 2015!

Comments

Knine wrote: »
    Would you believe we were actually laughing ourselves about this tonight. Gizmo can't wait for Secret Santa this year!!! He might need to go to the gym though before he goes into any more tunnels.

Very unfair that an overindulgence in carrots could be grounds for going to the gym!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Unfortunately i wont be able to take part this year. Funds are very tight with wedding planning and now one of my doggies needs surgery so im going to have to pass this year. Im sure you will all have great fun :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

That was almost like filling out a dating profile for my cats :pac:

"Likes: Long walks, eating out, holding hands.

Dislikes: Cheaters, strawberries and football."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'm only entering one of mine this year.. Bailey isn't really into toys except a few specific ones and Lucy will just rob everything. I'm going to have him unwrap which he loves and she can have the prizes!! Is anyone volunteering for/know of a rescue that does a shoebox appeal - if so PM me and I'll pick up some bits and pieces to send when I'm shopping for our SS! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Just finished sorting through the latest batch of entries and our canine companions are far outweighing anything else, would love to see a few more unusual pets come up! (though of course, all are still welcome ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

We've had a few people enter from different countries in the last couple of years, usually what they do is give an address in Ireland (parents, friends etc) who will forward the package on to them just so it doesn't leave the sender too far out of pocket, so if this is something you can do too you're more than welcome to enter :)

thats what i have done it does mean i won't be able to open it on opening day but will try to do it as close as possible to the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

Can I join the post building up thing? I did secret Santa on here a few years ago with my old account and loved it. Hoping to get the 100 posts together before the deadline 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Can I join the post building up thing? I did secret Santa on here a few years ago with my old account and loved it. Hoping to get the 100 posts together before the deadline 😀
    Technically, post count building could get you a permanant site ban if a C-mod or Admin spots it. I would recommend PMing SillyMango with your old account details and maybe she can verify that your name and address are the same if she's kept the details from previous years or maybe if they just look familiar to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

Technically, post count building could get you a permanant site ban if a C-mod or Admin spots it. I would recommend PMing SillyMango with your old account details and maybe she can verify that your name and address are the same if she's kept the details from previous years or maybe if they just look familiar to her.

Thank you for your advice. Tbh this wasn't a serious question. If I don't make it post wise until the deadline then we can't take part (years ago
    it wasn't done by SillyMango so I doubt she will have my old details ;-)).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

I'm definitely getting in on this this year. I remember seeing last years thread and thought it was a lovely idea! Bit disappointed I missed the join in date then.

18 spots left now, I'm still hoping DBB gets her wish of a stick insect, is there anyone out there with one?! I will personally send you an extra present too, just for having a stick insect :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Actually, I'm not that fussy... Any invertebrate will do :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

My neighbour has some Macleays, very sweet lady... maybe I'll ask her to join lol.

I'd join myself but I'm super broke. :(

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

13 spots left, and 12 days left to enter! My inbox has gone all quiet lately :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

13 spots left, and 12 days left to enter! My inbox has gone all quiet lately :P

Did you get my third lot?

• Advertisement

Did you get my third lot?

Yes! Same issue with pms as last time, sorry meant to drop you another message!

Yes! Same issue with pms as last time, sorry meant to drop you another message!

Oh really? I deleted loads of them. I just thought my inbox was full.

Oh really? I deleted loads of them. I just thought my inbox was full.

Strange, I still got the message that your inbox was full! I'll try send another one when I'm on the laptop this evenjng and see if it's back to normal!

Strange, I still got the message that your inbox was full! I'll try send another one when I'm on the laptop this evenjng and see if it's back to normal!

I wonder if I did not delete them properly or did something wrong. I know another Boards User was getting multiple copies of the same PM.

Thanks that would be great if you could try later.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Vancity

:( I'm a new user so can't join but we're moving home from Canada with our dog next month so I will have to make sure I'm posting enough to get in on it next year!!

• Advertisement

We have a very...interesting animal participating this year, cannot wait to see what is bought for her :D

Only ten spots left now so if anyone has been holding out, nows your chance to enter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

We have a very...interesting animal participating this year, cannot wait to see what is bought for her :D

I really hope I get a rodent this year. It's so odd not having one myself... I want to go mad making snuggle pouches and hammocks for cages! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Only ten spots left now so if anyone has been holding out, nows your chance to enter!

A stick insect? :D

Someone will need to remind me to check the presents before wrapping this year, had to unwrap both of mine last year as I 1) forgot to put the name on & 2) had to check for price tags!!

I really hope I get a rodent this year. It's so odd not having one myself... I want to go mad making snuggle pouches and hammocks for cages! ;)

You never know I might have entered one. A rather hefty one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Kovu wrote: »
    A stick insect? :D

Someone will need to remind me to check the presents before wrapping this year, had to unwrap both of mine last year as I 1) forgot to put the name on & 2) had to check for price tags!!

Or an African land snail?? I'm so tempted to speculate. What's the weirdest pet that's ever been in Secret Santa?

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Or an African land snail?? I'm so tempted to speculate. What's the weirdest pet that's ever been in Secret Santa?

Horse? Bearded dragons? Pet rock?

I was tempted to enter "wonky pigeon" who has unusual colouring and hoovers our patio after the sparrows, tits etc. Funds being limited, I'm sticking to the dog this year. I've a friend who adores his pet rock though and another who has a ghost cat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

we have african land snails at work- hmmm will i enter them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Newbieish in here but I'm in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I've entered in 2 of those 3 :pac:

• Advertisement

I've entered in 2 of those 3 :pac:

I remember fish last year too! Must be yours from last year I can remember :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Or an African land snail??
    :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

The beardies are a lot bigger this year than last! They're excited for this year! The horse just love getting stuff! She doesn't care what as long as she can either eat it or break it :D

I entered the fish last year! They are back this year :-) plus a Parrotlet & a Guinea Pig

I'm not saying what mine are but this year I have three entered :D

I'm not saying what mine are but this year I have three entered :D

Definitely the most unusual we've had in a while :D

We started putting out all our christmas stock in work today, oh my god I am going to go crazy buying things for SS once I've done the draw for it! There are so many new types of treats and teddies :D
    Down to the last 6 spots now, entries close next week!

Something new to add into the mix this year... There will be a €10 Maxi Zoo voucher up for grabs for one lucky participant of the Secret Santa! One of the entries will be drawn out at random (not including my own entries :P ) so as well as receiving their SS present, a nice little voucher will also be shipping it's way across the country to them :D

Entries close next Monday so if anyone is still looking to enter please PM me asap because the sooner it fills, the sooner I can send out details to everyone :D

I know I'm really posting here a lot, but this is the last weekend to enter and I've still got 5 spots to fill so please PM if you're interested :D

• Advertisement

I'll be doing the draw in exactly 24 hours so all pms should be going out within the next couple of days! Still have room for 5 last minute entries :)

:D I'm saving my last free Parcel Wizard delivery in case I order stuff online :D

I'm so excited to see who I got!!!

And that's it folks! With a grand total of 47 entries, this year's Secret Santa is closed. I'm just sorting out all the details now and pm's will be on their way shortly!

tk123 wrote: »
    :D I'm saving my last free Parcel Wizard delivery in case I order stuff online :D

I've been buying bits for dogs and cats just in case. I'll be racking my brain if I get a fracking snail!

Ahahaahahahaahahahahahaha oh I can't wait for them to be picked :D:D

• Advertisement

All PM's have now been sent, if you have entered and haven't received one please PM me asap!!

Just a reminder that the deadline for posting is the 7th of December so please get your packages sent before then and drop me a pm both when you've sent off your package, and received your pet's present so we can make sure none get lost in the post!

Also, a quick little tip, if you're stalking your recipient to get present idea's, it might be an idea to log out of boards first so as not to give yourself away!! (except for me of course, I've visited all your pages to send pm's :P )

Happy shopping folks :D

:eek: :( :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

oh i'm so excited. love love love this.
    i think i get more excited then our two...

:-)

PS Sillymango, Ste- entered for us. so dont panic... :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Just checked my PM- SO FRIGGIN EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!

A degree of relief in this household. Thanks, SillyMango!

• Advertisement
Advertisement