Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Secret Santa 2015!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'm over my initial shock now :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I've just done the draw for the maxi zoo voucher and my random number generator drew up entry number 30, who is Alicat! So congratulations that shall be sent out to you as well as the secret Santa presents :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I've just done the draw for the maxi zoo voucher and my random number generator drew up entry number 30, who is Alicat! So congratulations that shall be sent out to you as well as the secret Santa presents :D

Oh YAY!! :D Extra little something for my fluffies this Christmas! Thank you! :D

Edit: Changed my mind! I'm going to use it to buy extra food for Hedgehog Rescue Dublin who are really struggling at the moment. Spreading the Christmas Cheer!

Got all me Secret Santa shopping done today since we had a Black Friday sale, So all my packages shall be shipped off next week! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Got all me Secret Santa shopping done today since we had a Black Friday sale, So all my packages shall be shipped off next week! :D

Sounds great. Where's that then? I ordered some bits online but could top up, especially since little dog was groomed yesterday to look like a scalded turkey instead of a canine.

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Sounds great. Where's that then? I ordered some bits online but could top up, especially since little dog was groomed yesterday to look like a scalded turkey instead of a canine.

Maxi zoo! 30% off dog beds, dog toys, cat scratching trees, fish tanks, hamster cages and bird cages just for today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Maxi zoo! 30% off dog beds, dog toys, cat scratching trees, fish tanks, hamster cages and bird cages just for today!

Was in the Longford one today stocking up on cat food :) I was happy with the 12+3 free pouches! Kovu loves the Premiere tins too.

Kovu wrote: »
    Was in the Longford one today stocking up on cat food :) I was happy with the 12+3 free pouches! Kovu loves the Premiere tins too.

There's a lot of good offers on up till Christmas Eve :D there's also a new brand of wet food coming out which looks decent, comparable to Lily's kitchen apparently. Be worth keeping an eye out for :D

I'll have to heck them out though, our indoor two are so fussy though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Got mine ready to post! :D
    Will have to make sure I do it at the start of the posting timeframe in case my human child decides to come :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

i have my secret santa present bought- is it ok if i post sooner as posting from the uk and will be away next week!

ene wrote: »
    i have my secret santa present bought- is it ok if i post sooner as posting from the uk and will be away next week!

That'd be perfect! Thanks :D

so maybe i don't have my secret santas present after all... i left it on the table and Lotso decided he was to have it and brought it upstairs and ripped off the tags! He is mocking me with it as we speak!

so maybe i don't have my secret santas present after all... i left it on the table and Lotso decided he was to have it and brought it upstairs and ripped off the tags! He is mocking me with it as we speak!

I was sly and bought two of my present so I could give one to Opie lol

i wouldn't mind but i had bought him 2 toys and some treats but nooooo he needed to have my poor secret santas gift!

just been to pets corner so have another present and lotso is at daycare today so its safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

mine went into the post this morning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

All mine are packed & ready to go. Probably won't be in the post office till later in the week though.

ok mine has been sent- it is coming from the UK so will be a bit longer to arrive!

Just to let the person who got me know- i won't be able to open it with Lotso until the 27th December as i have asked for it to be shipped to my mums house (it wouldn't be fair for someone to ship it to uk).

ok mine has been sent- it is coming from the UK so will be a bit longer to arrive!

Just to let the person who got me know- i won't be able to open it with Lotso until the 27th December as i have asked for it to be shipped to my mums house (it wouldn't be fair for someone to ship it to uk).

Oddly enough I've shipped more than one parcel to the UK that ended up costing less than one of slightly more weight within Ireland! Sometimes I think they make it up as they go along :p

On a side note, I thought I had mine ready, but I just thought of one more thing I'd love to add. Hopefully The Human doesn't decide to make an appearance and spoil it for me!

• Advertisement

aw seriously? i thought i was being kind not getting it shipped here! Its my first christmas not visiting family and Lotsos first christmas with us so he is being well spoilt!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

I've been sick in bed this week but I've finally got the things! I'll only be able to post them on Wednesday though. Hope it's not too late considering it'll be coming from the UK! :o

I'm going to make some treats for our SS's so I'll hold off posting until the 7th! ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I have everything ready to go- just have to package and post! I got a couple of great deals in my local pet-shop so it looks like a decent haul of presents. :D

anyone else ridiculously excited??

anyone else ridiculously excited??

I will be as soon as everyone has their present's sent / received :o got some empty boxes today so mine shall be sent in the next couple of days :)

• Advertisement

What do you mean none of these lovely smelly things are for me????

Okay I'll just sit on one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Working over time all week so haven't had a chance to get anything yet but I plan on doing some shopping very soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

ooooh Rosie's Secret Santa arrived this morning!!!

I am sooo excited :-)

:):):):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Presents wrapped and packed! Just need to get to the Post Office, tomorrow hopefully!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Mine are waiting to be posted on Monday. Jill and I are excited. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Mines posted! V excited!

Just a reminder to pm me as well when you've posted/ received presents as I could miss a post in the thread!

ok ours are ready to be posted just need to be brought to the post office this morning! :):):):)

So far at my count we have 14 out of 47 packages posted, just remember monday is the last day for posting so I'm preticting the post is going to be very busy Monday evening with lots of packages making their way to all the pets across the country :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

I've everything here, just have to wrap and post. If it's this stormy in the morning, I'll be joining the queues at the PO on Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

Alfies secret Santa arrived today - very exciting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Car broke down! Was hoping to get my presents today, bloody typical :rolleyes: be a long walk in the rain!

Car broke down! Was hoping to get my presents today, bloody typical :rolleyes: be a long walk in the rain!

I was hoping to get mine today too but I have tonsilitis and an upset tummy! :(
    I'll venture out tomorrow after a day of rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭awanderer

Ross' parcell arrived yesterday. Seeing how he showed a very strong interest in it and how his nose was twitching in every direction, I guess there might be something edible in there. So i predict Ross will be a very happy fellow on the 23rd :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Three musketeers poppy gizmo duke got their present yesterday... First prezzie under the tree... Thanks secret Santa...

• Advertisement

Just got my last couple of secret Santa things sorted! So I'll be posting them tomorrow afternoon and will pm you then sillymangoX
    Just have to search the apartment for some kinda box to package them in now! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

Presents just wrapped and ready to be posted tomorrow..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Parcels wrapped and ready to be dropped off!
    Apologies in advance for the wrapping! Two dogs trying to help/ steal didn't help!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Sent ours this morning and also just received our two just now as well!

Now the long wait till opening day begins :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Sent mine this morning, that was a fiasco and a half! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Rio was very excited to receive his present today. It was considerably larger then him :-)

370931.jpg

I found Kovu having a good auld sniff around his this morning at about 7am. He was very interested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Posting my two this evening after work :)

Kovu wrote: »
    I found Kovu having a good auld sniff around his this morning at about 7am. He was very interested!

Haha yeah Rosie is the same, i have her present under the tree and she is very excited about it, spends most of her time sitting and barking at it.

She fell asleep beside it last night, I may have under estimated how excited she is about Secret Santa!! :):):)

• Advertisement

Got mine posted at lunchtime! The queue was out the door at the post office - I was trying to suss out other people's parcels in case there was a API pets name on any of them lol! :p

Advertisement