Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Secret Santa 2015!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

tk123 wrote: »
    Got mine posted at lunchtime! The queue was out the door at the post office - I was trying to suss out other people's parcels in case there was a API pets name on any of them lol! :p

I had the same issue where I went, and a fight even broke out.

Gotta love December...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Ah I love to see my pm box so busy :D

Almost all presents have either been sent or accounted for, there's still 3 users I'm waiting for confirmation from, so we're almost there now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

So sorry I missed it this year. Was going through a rough time when it started so missed out :( Will be looking forward to lots of pictures on opening day and will definitely not miss it next year :) Enjoy- pets and owners!!:)

Mine are posted now too! Exciting stuff! Sent you a pm sillymango! Thanks so much for letting me join even though I wasn't quite up to scratch with my posts! Im really enjoying this! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Both of mine are now posted :) Wasn't as organised as I usually am, hopefully all will be ok. Looking forward to opening day :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Posted mine today. Yaaaaay.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Posted mine today. Now trying not to chew my fingernails to the palm from anxiety about whether someone else's pet will be satisfied. Sigh.

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Posted mine today. Now trying not to chew my fingernails to the palm from anxiety about whether someone else's pet will be satisfied. Sigh.

Haha I feel a tad like that! :D Keep reminding myself that animals aren't nearly as picky as us humans! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Haha I feel a tad like that! :D Keep reminding myself that animals aren't nearly as picky as us humans! :D

Ha my parrotlet was happy to play with the box

Knine wrote: »
    Ha my parrotlet was happy to play with the box

Lol Exactly!
    My kittens been playing inside a shoe box for the last hour solid! Animals are weird! In the best way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

woooo just got Sandie's secret santa present from the postie!!

putting it under the tree right next to Rosie's...

now we play the waiting game.... :):):):):)

Thank you to Rosie and Sandie's Secret Santas!!!

A package for creamy boy was waiting for me when I got into work this mornring. It's jingling. He's gonna go crazy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yaay 2 parcels just arrived in work! :D Neither had a pets name on them.... so I had to have a little peek inside the card stuck to the front of one of them so I'd know which parcel is for which dog :o

A second pressie arrived. I'm not sure if it is for the fish or Piggie. I might have to give it a little rattle

Oooh Hiros just arrived! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Panda's prezzie arrived! I really apologise to her SS fir the headwreck but I'm sure she'll love anything:):D She spent ten minutes eating my hoodie last night and then tried to climb through a gate. Daft eejit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Tara's ss has just arrived! Although she was more interested in chasing the postman (from behind the gates!!) than the parcel - but I'm sure that will soon change:D

Jill's present arrived this afternoon! \o/
    I think I'm nearly more excited than she is. :o:D

All presents have been sent or accounted for and 24 have arrived! Came home to packages for the other kitties, Dude is trying his hardest to eat his envelope, must be something nice in there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

The parcel I sent is back in the depot after an attempted delivery. :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Dubl07 wrote: »
    The parcel I sent is back in the depot after an attempted delivery. :-/

Same here. And I was so excited about my recipient getting their parcel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

1/4 has arrived so far!

I wouldn't worry too much about that, it's usually just that no one was home when the post man came so they bring it to the depot for the person to collect themselves, once they're collected before the opening date on the 22nd it should all be grand :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Yeah i missed a delivery, going to pick it up tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I put my parents' address down as my Dad tends to be home a lot, and I told him to watch out for it... He better not have missed it!

Btw, does the secret stay secret?? Or do people talk about it afterwards?

Alicat wrote: »
    I put my parents' address down as my Dad tends to be home a lot, and I told him to watch out for it... He better not have missed it!

Btw, does the secret stay secret?? Or do people talk about it afterwards?

Your voucher is also on it's way ;)

I'll leave that up to a vote! If more than half the participants agree (so 23 or above) I'll publish the names of who got which pet with spoilers for those who don't want to know!

So! If you DO want the results published, please thank this post :D

Yay khalis parcel arrived today! She ran to it like she knew!
    That's my two accounted for now. :)

I missed a delivery too, hoping to go collect it today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Squeaks arrived!
    And poor Kovu is sick, he puked on my carpet at 5 this morning and again in the kitchen at 9. :( He's been put on sparse dry food rations now and he's asleep out on the oil burner with a warm arse getting the head blown off himself with wind :confused:

My own parcels are going to be a little late as I'm waiting on one final thing to put in two of them but got a confirmation email that they were with the courier yesterday so hoping today/tomorrow they can go!

• Advertisement

I got my last 2. The Merry Fishmas card sure made us laugh & Gizmo's pressie had a rather lovely hand drawn Guinea Pig Picture.

Siiiiigh. The 22nd is soooooo far away!!!

One package has arrived apparently! Not sure which cat it's for but hopefully when the two arrive I'll be able to tell the difference :)

Edit: It's for Riggs! He's licking the paper :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Baileys SS arrived on Friday night :)
    From what I've heard An Post has a backlog of packets and parcels, so deliveries might take an extra day or two!

Kamili wrote: »
    I missed a delivery too, hoping to go collect it today :)

no wonder damn doorbell broke! typical!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Received a parcel in the post this morning, not sure who it's for but both cats are sniffing wildly at it :D

• Advertisement

Collected Echo's, had to hide it away, he's definitely decided it belongs to him!

Roll on opening day, the Fuzzy Ninja can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭awanderer

Only 12 days left to figure out how to upload a video on the thread :D .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Parcel arrived this morning! Pa is very very interested in it so it's hidden away in a wardrobe, didn't fancy it's chances under the tree!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Urrgggh, I really hope the package for Shade is still in the depot, this week has been mad and our depot is ages away. I tried to redirect it and it says its returned to sender but when I do track and trace it says it's still there... Fingers crossed I can get it this evening. If not, I'll obviously refund any cost involved in sending it again, I am SO SORRY.

EDIT: Crisis averted, it was there. Now it's here!!! :D

Yaaaay! \o/

• Advertisement

awanderer wrote: »
    Only 12 days left to figure out how to upload a video on the thread :D .

Upload to YouTube and then you just use

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

Molly's presents have arrived! might enter myself next year too to get the same amount of presents. Guess my two will spend more time opening their prestens than I do ;-)

Lily's arrived this morning! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Received mine Tyson's today

My dogs are just wondering if there's anyway we can move opening day up to say... The 12th?? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Got my missed mail sleeve in the post today according to my brother. Can't pick it up until Monday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Julie's present made it to my mum's house in Ireland today. Yay! Now I just need her to forward it to me.

Many thanks to the sender, who was sooooo kind to deliver it in person when An Post messed up the delivery. You're a star! :)

My dogs are just wondering if there's anyway we can move opening day up to say... The 12th?? :p

Funny late last week a mail went in work about office SS....which I didn't sign up for as my hands were full with pet SS... Anyways all day yesterday the shelf thing in the middle of the office where sweets are normally left out etc filled up with presents and they all opened them in the afternoon!! I felt hard done by thinking of the two dog's presents that have AGES left before we can open them! :p

tk123 wrote: »
    Funny late last week a mail went in work about office SS....which I didn't sign up for as my hands were full with pet SS... Anyways all day yesterday the shelf thing in the middle of the office where sweets are normally left out etc filled up with presents and they all opened them in the afternoon!! I felt hard done by thinking of the two dog's presents that have AGES left before we can open them! :p

AGES is right! When you think about it there's ten days left right? But that's like 70 dog days or something! That just seems extraordinarily cruel! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

To whoever got Opie, I want to say I'm soooo sorry if the package has returned to you!
    I went into labour at 6am Tuesday morning and we only got back home with baby Claire late Wednesday night. I stayed in my mother's and my brother has been dogsitting - he told me the slip only came but I am just in the door and see it was attempted on the 8th! I'll try and collect it Monday morning if possible, but if you want to pass on Paypal details for yourself to SillyMangoX I will gladly pay for a resend!

• Advertisement
Advertisement