Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Secret Santa 2015!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    To whoever got Opie, I want to say I'm soooo sorry if the package has returned to you!
    I went into labour at 6am Tuesday morning and we only got back home with baby Claire late Wednesday night. I stayed in my mother's and my brother has been dogsitting - he told me the slip only came but I am just in the door and see it was attempted on the 8th! I'll try and collect it Monday morning if possible, but if you want to pass on Paypal details for yourself to SillyMangoX I will gladly pay for a resend!

OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ah congrats ShaShaBear!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I went into labour at 6am Tuesday morning and we only got back home with baby Claire late Wednesday night.

Congratulations ShaShaBear!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Congratulations sha sha bear!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Excuses, excuses Shashabear! :D
    Fantastic news, congratulations to you and family, a lovely Christmas present and a lovely name too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

3/4 presents so far, not too sure who two are for but hasna's present (the horse) has her name on it! Box got damaged in transit but I've told haz not to peek until Christmas!

Yay! Only a week left to go! :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I've had to re-hide Echo's he sniffed it out again and was looking longingly at it!

Roll on Opening Day!!!

Elly's ss has arrived today!! Both pressies hidden well out of reach!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Freyas present arrived today :D that's both of ours now, just have to wait for opening day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

Mumbles parcel arrived today, so that's my two now. Mumble wouldn't stop sniffing it so he's very excited about opening day..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I'm just waiting for about 4 confirmations from people, but other than that it looks like most of the packages have arrived! So just in case some have got lost in the matrix, would you please thank this post if you have received ALL of your presents. Don't thank it if you've only received 2 out of 3 etc, only if they're all safely sitting under your tree (or wherever you have to hide them from your pets :D )

4th and last present has arrived and it's for the dragons! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

hey i was just speaking to my mum and lotsos present has arrived and is sitting under the tree! unfortunately our opening day is going to be a bit later then everyone else- think the 30th.

So i hope everyone spoils me with pictures and videos so i can enjoy the day with everyone else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Only one more day to go. The excitement :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭awanderer

Knine wrote: »
    Only one more day to go. The excitement :-)

The excitement and the stress! I am now able to send links to photos on the board (checked last night by posting a photo of my favourite doggy on the sticky photo thread). I am also able to upload videos from my tablet to Youtube (tested yesterday by uploading videos of same doggy over there). Now I still have a few hours to learn how to link to the videos I upload on Youtube. Getting there. I really want to show the reaction of my dog when he gets his gifts.

You know the worst part? Up to last year, I did work as a technical support agent, where people relied on me to resolve any issue they had with their computer. If that isn't being able to separate home life from work, I don't know how to call it :D .

Apart from a couple of technical blips it appears that almost every pet will have something to open tomorrow (or midnight tonight :P) and those who won't do know about it and will have something eventually! Thank you everyone for helping this run so smoothly again this year, can't wait for pictures and videos :D

awanderer wrote: »
    Now I still have a few hours to learn how to link to the videos I upload on Youtube. Getting there. I really want to show the reaction of my dog when he gets his gifts.

There's a share button under the video that'll give you a link so e.g. https://youtu.be/abc123 and then you just put that code between youtube tags here ;)

Less than an hour to go :D put the presents under the tree, they are currently being dive bombed!

Oooh its only a matter of minutes now!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

I now officially declare Secret Santa 2015 OPEN!!! go have fun and rip up lots of presents, and don't forget the picture evidence :D

Well my two dogs are gone insane with excitement!!! They got so much stuff!!! I don't think the price limit was adhered to! They love EVERYTHING! they both got a hat and they both think theyre chew toys! Hiros wearing his Christmas scarf (he looks like a harry potter kid!) and they are both chowing down on khalis misfits! They're sharing all the spoils! So happy! I'll upload photos in a while! :) Thank you secret Santa's!!

Peach was delighted with all her presents, in particular the catnip ball. The feather wand toy also went down brilliantly although the two boys kept stealing it and walking away :D

11030652_10153724130413903_7077383462946538902_n.jpg

12376412_10153724132478903_8172430996218322785_n.jpg

12390865_10153724131518903_1980887027367566032_n.jpg

p3.jpg

Cream was very hyper and insisted on opening his presents while sitting in the box. He's delighted with the dreamies (never had tuna ones before!) and all the little catnip/bell toys!

10294259_10153724085968903_1923786827052002067_n.jpg

12373248_10153724085993903_5022581665614840411_n.jpg

581860_10153724091708903_5844155605493976153_n.jpg

10401169_10153724095648903_7833299525266289447_n.jpg

Dude is well.. dude! He got extremely excited, mauled everything, sucked the life out of his new fuzzy blankets and he is particularly enamored with the little leather mice!

10411350_10153724124183903_7909609535877507852_n.jpg

1935125_10153724124198903_9112884211014668617_n.jpg

1381945_10153724122783903_369931476826238514_n.jpg

12376460_10153724123008903_3144251587187403159_n.jpg

Here'e a compilation of them playing with their presents, sorry about the quality! (and the lack of Cream, he was in the bold corner for biting me :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

That was so much fun! :D Lily is going mental, she's after commandeering a load of Riggs' new toys, whilst wearing one of her TWO new scarves! :D And Riggs is nearly biting my fingers off for Lily's snacks :pac:

Thanks Santa(s)! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Gizmo loved his presents plus the sense of humour of his Secret Santa. After last years emergency surgery to remove his well padded arse from his new toy tube, this year he got a dumbell to help with his New Year resolution of getting fit. He wasn't sure if he was to chew or hump his new carrot so he tried a bit of both!

372415.jpg

372416.jpg

Ross opened 3 of his 4 presents. He is now too busy to even acknowledge that I exist so the 4th present will have to wait :D .

He loves everything he got up to now. The filming of him getting his gifts was a bit of a disaster as each time he rushed to the back window to enjoy his present in the back garden. Opening a sliding door/window while filming is well above my talent.

I'll now take advantage of him ignoring me to upload whatever footage is usable.

It take ages for the videos to upload on Youtube so, meanwhile I post a photo of Ross with the 2 squeaky toys Santa gave him. He is not sure about having the camera in his face but you might notice that his tail is at full speed.

Ps.You might notice that the squeaky dog already has a bad ear, do no worry, once Ross has made sure there is no bit (ear, tail, legs...) sticking out of his toys, he feels content loving them just the way they are. They might not be as pretty to us but to him they are perfect.

Hasna was thrilled with her secret Santa! Couldn't get her head out of the box to finish unwrapping it! She says a huge thank you to her secret Santa! Best present for her, she can never say no to food!

7FA6BF25-A8A3-4FEB-ABCD-01C1091DB245_zpsxw3qddbj.jpg

38A5BAA4-69D8-413A-A3F4-6F9A9FE2D279_zpsqosltrng.jpg

A0C2105F-D7E8-476A-B1D8-6AE6161676E7_zpsuuverth6.jpg

D9C13C63-5D3C-4038-8177-51F767F50F54_zpsv1huwdpj.jpg

B922B10A-98EF-4411-BA54-E8B4F2DA03E9_zpslvbc2wib.jpg

8B71E1CA-9E39-46DF-A4FC-4F171FDEF9BB_zpsnqdtrmrx.jpg

9D673B90-129D-4EBD-B449-993E9613BE4F_zpswd2jgvjz.jpg

What do you mean they're all gone!!
    38A31DF7-1D39-4BEB-9765-E689735A87EB_zpsy4pufr0d.jpg

• Advertisement

Rio the Parrotlet was spoilt by his Secret Santa. It actually felt like they either had owned one or else did a lot of research. He loved his pink swing, tossed his ball around like a professional footballer & has already eaten all his seed bell.

372444.jpg

372445.jpg

Thank you SO much to Bailey and Lucy's secret Santas for their lovely presents! Lucy has taken everything :p pics/vid to follow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Enormous thanks to our girl's secret Santa. She loves her tuggy. We're saving the foodie bits for Christmas Day even though she's been circling the parcel under the tree and giving big eyes all week.

Nope, definitely not able to do things from my tablet it seems that I only get half the options on each site :( .

It seems easier from my PC. I hope it works. I'll start with the shortest video: Ross and his 2 squeaky toys. Ross will only get his 4th gift tomorrow as he is absolutely mad about his rugby ball and I can't think of anything that could beat it today :D

Nope. Doesn't seem to work either :( . Has anyone any idea why the video can't be watched? URL is https://youtu.be/f_izyge4sYQ

And above everything : Thanks a lot Secret Santa, you did great :) .

Last but not least Secret Santa was very good to my Tropical Fish. They got some lovely new plants which are mych appreciated & some fish treats which they loved.

Here are some of them enjoying their treat which is the round piece stuck to the glass.

372453.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

I didn't know I was supposed to open this one at the beginning of December! So Julie will have her daily treats and things throughout January instead. :o

Julie1_zpsoomwtn88.jpg

Whatever is in the bag numbered 14, she's really interested in it. Like way more interested. And it makes kitty toy noises! We've already caught Julie trying to steal the bag itself, so we'll need to hang the string somewhere higher up than where we put it.

Julie2_zpsmljfnvl1.jpg

We only opened the little bag meant for today, which had the type of treats that she loves to catch in mid air! Sometimes it doesn't work though. :p

Julie3_zps4i9kqjui.jpg

Julie even liked the box. :)
    Julie4_zpsyji4veza.jpg

Thank you!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Big thank you to both Jesse and Freyas secret santas. :D They both got spoiled! Both needed a little help opening but they done a good bit of tearing themselves :D Jesse has helped herself to the treats by making a hole in the side of the bag :D Freyas moustache is already all soggy too :D

Photos to follow soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Ermagad. Crazy cats here. Panda will have to wait until morning as the shed is too dark- I haven't hers opened yet so am dying for tomorrow morning :D:D

Kovu adores his advent prezzies, I allowed him a ball toy out of it and he's high on treats and taking it out on poor Squeak as you can see in the videos below. They love each other, honest!
    Squeak is just awake from a nap but took some of Kovu's treats and is sitting on her lobster :D

Kovu getting all revved up.
    oEHYTksl.jpg

What's this?? Prezzies?
    dGQsu1Nl.jpg
    Vl49LRel.jpg

X72y7eal.jpg

Omnomnom
    SFVzPyEl.jpg

Mine...No MINE
    AMsgdF8l.jpg?1

More? More for me? No Squeak, that is for Kovu.
    QfsxFbhl.jpg

Kovu likes box. Box is always a good addition to any present.
    pChl7QQl.jpg

WJyenKMl.jpg?2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Videos :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Thank you so much to Rosie and Sandie's secret santas, our two girls were spoilt. Rosie devoured one of the treats from her stocking straight away and we can't wait to try the bubbles out!! Sandie was over the moon with a mega packet of rodeos (her fave) and her scarf looked very dapper. Rosie robbed some of her toys, but sharing is caring as they say. Again thank you so much secret santas!!! Video and photos to follow courtesy of ste-.

:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Just finished opening there, Thank you so much to Poppy and Roisins secret santas, they're absolutely delighted with life right now! Poppy was barking for about ten minutes after from the excitement :lol: Poppy's currently racing around the house with her squeaky duck toy, and Roisin is weak for herself in her gorgeous bandana. Opening the gifts with them was really the first time I've felt christmassy this year, but really in the spirit now :D

Just two videos of miss Poppy opening her presents for now, I'll throw up some pics tomorrow :)

Thanks so much again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Thank you so much to Pascal's secret santa! Just let him open it and he's having an absolute ball tearing around the sitting room playing with everything, the yellow smiley face seems to be the firm favourite at the moment!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Thank you so much to Jill's secret santa! She was THRILLED with it all- the wrapping paper was a firm favourite and she enjoyed trying to eat her Christmas card. :D
    The treats went down a... well, treat and she spent much of the evening carrying her 'bone' about and refusing to put it down. It is now carefully "buried" under my pillow. :D

I will upload photos as soon as I get home from work. :)

Thanks very much to Elly and Tara's secret Santa's!! Couldn't manage to get any photos that are in focus as they were too excited! All toys are currently confiscated as they got a bit too giddy!!
    Thanks again!

I was gonna wait for mumble to open his and persies together but myself and persie couldn't wait.. Persie loves her jumper she looks very festive in it and she's munched on one of her treats.. She's has us all demented with her squeaky toy. She's like a dog possessed running around with it haha... Thanks to her secret Santa she loves everything.. When mumble comes in later we'll open his and I'll take some pics of the two of them with their pressies then.. I totally forgot to do it when opening persies I was so excited and now I can't get her to stand still for two seconds hopefully she'll have calmed by the time we open mumbles..

• Advertisement

Some photos from yesterday evening - I haven't managed to get the video done yet. Bailey was delighted with his ball and duck - the photo says it all!! He played fetch with the duck for ages then settled down to hold the ball in his mouth and fell asleep. :o Lucy loved everything she got and enjoyed stealing Bailey's things - "MINE ALL MINE!!!"- which made him cry :pac: We had a great game of fetch with her this morning with her new toys :)

372506.JPG

Opened mumbles present, he got a cool cube thing that you put balls and treats in and they have to get them out so both persie and him had a great time with it as well as my little niece who was trying to referee the two of them and making them take turns and be fair... Persie robbed mumbles teddy within about 10 seconds and has claimed it as her own now, poor mumble.. Mumble also got some treats that are perfect for putting into the cube so there'll be hours of entertainment for the two... I attached some pics persie with her lovely new jumper and then the two of them playing with the cube.. Thanks too both their secret Santas and of course silly mango once again for organising it all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Echo went nuts over his pressies, penguin 🧠is his favorite, he wont let it out of his sight!

We all nearly passed out laughing at his squeaky lips, I couldn't get a photo but it was absolutely hilarious, things that squeak are high on the list of things epic in the world of Echo. He also loves the little owl, so much so he had a serious case of the zoomies after he realized it squeaked too and then he knocked over the Christmas tree, he's so excited!

I'll try upload some pics once I recover from all the laughing! Thanks so much to his Secret Santa, I haven't laughed this much in quite some time. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Can I open it??

QdnDcRG.jpg?1

It begins

v7hmZSQ.jpg?1

She has not been a good dog! :P

UnCvlGC.jpg?1

WRAPPING PAPER IS MY FAVOURITE!

UJ0dRso.jpg?1

kLhU7PP.jpg?1

BONES ARE MY FAVOURITE!

5eDnvWC.jpg?1

Showing off

LD6tHrg.jpg?1

QoxE9p7.jpg?1

*Lick*

JTiGHqY.jpg?2

Some of her goodies

XXxmYCC.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Many thanks to Tysons secret Santa, I'll get a Photo up tomorrow. I've had to hide his biscuits twice as he spent an hour sitting at the cubard door waiting on round 2!

• Advertisement
Advertisement