Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Secret Santa 2015!

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

This is the best pic I have, the pictures of the opening are just a blur! He's still obsessed with the smiley face, although he spent a good 20 mins trying to kill the Kong tiger earlier!

Edit: just realised the blanket he's lying on is from a previous boards secret santa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

I'd like to say a great big Thank you to our Baileys SS! He got to open his box late enough last night. I've never seen him have as much interest in anything that came into the house before! First thing to go from the box was the great big pigs ear, straight over to his bed for safe keeping, then back to the box to pick up a squeaky Christmas cracker...

When he found out it squeaked, well..... that was what the rest of his night involved doing!

It was left down stairs last night but I spotted it and the squeaky ball under him in his bed this morning! I do have pictures, just need to upload themfirst :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

Freddy loved all his gifts especially squeaky snowman who is now our new bessie... Have a lovely video of him just happy out with only the box in his mouth sure he was mad for it... Unfortunate for his ball and rope which he had a massive 8 minutes of fun wit because he loved it so much like all typical labs (think Marley and me) duke the cat made it clear he doesn't like squeaky snowman when he seen and heard it he was terrified (picture a giant Labrador running around mad waggling his powerful tale at the poor ole cat and squeaking) and usually his a big manly cat... Poppy and gizmo never blinked an eyelid to it and when they opened there prezzies well they couldn't get enough of there catnip treats especially poppy who is now going on a diet and exercise regime (following bugs around) after Christmas lolz... Overall happy with secret Santa and look forward to 2016... Happy Xmas all Freddy poppy gizmo duke
    P.s duke stole freddys blanky for the stress he caused him ha ha...

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭awanderer

Tonight, as usual, I brought Ross for his 'before bed time' walk at a time when most people are sleeping. We are in the countrysite so there is no street lights only the lights from some christmas decorations and the LED collar Ross wears ; but there are also quite a lot of houses lining the road where we do that last walk of the day. At that time I never put Ross on the lead and I kind of enjoy being in my own world while Ross enjoys his. Anyway, I was doing just that when suddenly, about 10 min into the walk, I heard a horrible squeaky kind of sound followed by the barking of several local dogs. Unbeknown to me, Ross had managed to smuggle Secret Santa's squeaky rugby ball out of the house! I should have guessed, he is mad about that ball. I can only hope none of the neighbour was woken up and decided to look through their window to find out out the origin of that commotion.
    I decided to wait at least one more day before I give Ross his last gift. At the moment the (perfect) brat would be too blasé to enjoy that last gift as much as he should :D .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Ok video finally here. You can see they had a great time. Thanks to our secret Santa and another thanks to SillyMango for organising it all.

http://youtu.be/BPL5cq5NEJU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

By some miracle we managed to get a hold of Opie's SS present which was very much returned (but still at the depot, good job An Post :rolleyes: )

Opie's treat dispenser is the best thing ever, he says. Until he couldn't get any treats out of it. And shook it. And it squeaked.
    Now it's the
    Best
    Thing
    EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely going to have to buy more treats for it, as his delicious bag of Misfits is nearly gone and that Starfish was clearly here for a good time and not a long time :pac:

I'll get pics up later, and maybe a video if I can figure that out :P

Thank you so much, Secret Santa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Aw brill I'm delighted you got it I thought it wouldn't be till the new year!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Thanks SO MUCH to Shades Secret Santa. She's not the easiest to get photos of, but she had a great time with the valerian pillows, and she looks gorgeous in her lovely red collar for Christmas! We're rationing the treats but thanks SO MUCH!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

The brats opening their presents! Ripping paper/cardboard is a HUGE and rare treat for the dogs (to stop the post being ripped;)) and they got a bit carried away...so I've sped up the unwrapping lol! At one stage Bailey was standing on the parcel trying to open it and when he finally did... he didn't even see the presents!
    Thanks again to our secret santas!! They both love what they got!! Lucy keeps throwing the ball and rope at us for a game and Bailey's sitting with the ball in his mouth as I type! :o

372611.png

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

FB_IMG_1451029111159.jpgDSC_0300.jpgDSC_0294.jpgDSC_0293.jpgDSC_0292.jpgI can't thank enough Molly's and Alfies Secret Santas! The dogs had so much fun with their presents and still enjoying them! This made for all of us a great Christmas!
    Thank you again and Merry Christmas
    FB_IMG_1451029111159.jpg.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

My dogs are still on their xmas holidays so wont see them until tomorrow so that is opening day for us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

I just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to Lotsos secret santa! You really went above and beyond the expected with TWO bags of gorgeous homemade dog biscuits and 2 lovely toys that lotso hasn't let go of since he got them yesterday! -so much so that i woke up to the kong one on my pillow this morning!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Haven't had a chance to post up Ollie, scoobie, bebop or rocksteady yet as I'm having computer issues!

Ollie and scoobie loves their presents, Ollie is in love with the Kong toy he brings it everywhere with him and it hasn't been destroyed yet! Kong is a brilliant brand alright! Ollie normally destroys toys right away. He did get scoobies teddy but we got it off him before he could eat it!

Scoobie loves her teddy and the rest of hers and oldies presents! She took over the rest while Ollie was playing with his Kong! The teddy is currently in her bed!

I've been using the dragons presents when they're out of the cage to chill out on, both cushions are handy as it keeps the warmth in and also saves my hands from scratches! They say thank you!

Pics will be soon I promise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Apologies for the delay, between work, 2 x funerals and Christmas I hadn't seen Missy in 2 1/2 weeks and only collected her this morning. She has the hump with me so the presents were a nice bribe. A huge thank you to her Secret Santa, everything is perfect, she loves the little brown mouse toy, keeps rubbing her face off it.

119nmso.jpg
    dnzmhi.jpg

This was such a beautiful surprise and actually made me cry a little bit. I love it.

25oxbw5.jpg
    10h0cyd.jpg

Just a little word to say that I should soon be able to post more videos of Ross getting his presents. Ross still hasn't received his third toy though. I am waiting for him to show the slightest sign that he is getting bored with his squeaky rugby ball first.

I swear I had spent hours looking for a squeaky toy Ross wouldn't destroy in minutes. I had also spent a fortune buying every toy labelled indestructable. Nothing had ever worked until that squeaky rugby ball ! I don't get it. I would never have given it a chance of lasting more than a day (as a squeaky toy anyway as once the squeaker and the bits sticking out of his toys have been removed, Ross treats what is left of his toys with great respect). Even the squeaky dog is relatively intact and squeaking (probably partly because he is only second favourite).

Secret Santa: the only way you could have done a better job is if the squeaky thing in the squeaky rugby ball could only be heard by dogs :D .

Thanks again.

Ps: The only things that didn't last were the treats but then Ross is the usual kind of lab that enters into a state of acute starvation 2 seconds after each meal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

hi bit of a random one but Lotso loved his biscuits from his secret santa so much i was wondering if they could give me the recipe? if you don't want me to know who you are maybe pm one of the mods (dunno if this is possible!)

thanks

And I forgot to say that this week Ross finally opened his last gift from Secret Santa.

His (still intact) rugby ball is still his favourite. Every evening without fault, as soon as he finishes his meal, he chews the rugby ball for about 20 minutes and once he is satisfied that I have enjoyed the sweet music of its squeaker as much as I should and that the ball is perfectly coated in saliva, he gently drops it on my laps before jumping excitedly waiting for me to throw it :D

His last gift has also landed on my lap a few times but he always keeps one bit of it in his mouth as it is his tug of war toy.

20160110_143613.jpg

You might also notice on the photo that the yellow dog that Ross received from Secret Santa has also survived.

Advertisement