Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desmonds off licence closed?

• 02-11-2015 12:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭

Does anyone know why Desmonds Next Door has been closed the last few days. Surely can't have ceased trading?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Apparently is has, i asked the lads in the spar shop and they said it closed last Thursday, pity as they had a good range of beers.

I've left a message on their FB page and they have yet to get back to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Where was that?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Where was that?

Father Russell Road.

It's odd. They were advertising last week that they'd be doing promotions/prizes for customers in Hallowe'en fancy dress. I hope it's just a temporary thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭gtothek

Yeah I saw that as well. Maybe someone will take it over. Seemed to be doing good business there. I know he opened a second place in Dublin so who knows what could have happened?? I suppose O'Brien's in the Parkway are the only other place with a half decent selection of craft beer.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

gtothek wrote: »
    I suppose O'Brien's in the Parkway are the only other place with a half decent selection of craft beer.

Fine Wines Catherine Street are a decent spot as well, but they charge a bit more than others.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Does the Spar beside sell drink?maybe wasnt doinh enough trade

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

We've a Business Closing thread if there is news on the business, speculating into the status of a business can be dangerous and impact on it's ongoing business.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement