Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you get your nails done?

Options
  • 02-11-2015 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Just wondering where everyone's favourite nail salon is? I wish Yelp would take off here but with so few reviews it's hard to know where to go!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I went to Tropical Popical on recommendations, but probably wouldn't recommend it myself (at least for the girl I got). Had two cuticles cut open, and then she went and slapped some oil on the worst one without sanitising the wand before or after, just plopped it back into the bottle after lashing it over my cut. Wasn't too impressed with my French manicure either, quite streaky in places and she missed some edges :(

My other friends have had good experiences there, but I wouldn't be in a rush to go back to this girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Mink in Ballsbridge is great for pedicures.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

Alicia in Pink in Dundrum town centre. It's not the cheapest but I won't go to anyone else now. Always immaculate and lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Pretty Nails, in Stillorgan.

Delightful manicurist, she runs her own little salon with her sister (beautician) and she is hilariously good company!

Also does a perfect manicure with meticulous cuticle work, and the BEST pedicure ever, bar none: lasts for weeks and weeks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Would people spend alot on them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

I've a friend locally who does Shellac from home for only a tenner each time! Happy to recommend by PM, she's in D15. She's my hairdresser too so I usually get both done at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

bscm wrote: »
    I went to Tropical Popical on recommendations, but probably wouldn't recommend it myself (at least for the girl I got). Had two cuticles cut open, and then she went and slapped some oil on the worst one without sanitising the wand before or after, just plopped it back into the bottle after lashing it over my cut. Wasn't too impressed with my French manicure either, quite streaky in places and she missed some edges :(

My other friends have had good experiences there, but I wouldn't be in a rush to go back to this girl.

Oh that's so interesting, they're probably the most popular nail salon online but me being the skeptic that I am thought better than to trust all the rave reviews! Thanks for the feedback, I'll be scratching those off the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Taboola wrote: »
    Mink in Ballsbridge is great for pedicures.

I've heard Mink are amazing for everything nails!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Another fan of mink here

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

New York Nails in Douglas

• Advertisement
Advertisement