Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Louisa Bridge Train Station

Options
  • 02-11-2015 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭

Given the delays I am encountering trying to get through Dublin City centre at present I am considering driving to Louisa Bridge and getting train into Pearse St to bypass the O'Connell Bridge/College Green works

It is a large car park so I am presuming there is plenty of room? Anyone have any experiences or tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Yeh its a pretty large car park, I've only ever gone on the train from there on the weekend though so not sure what time you'd need to be there to be assured a parking place during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

My wife uses it every day, never any hassle getting parking(although she gets an early train).
    Pay in advance on parkbytext.ie €8 a week.

Hopefully the Phoenix Park tunnel will be open next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

The Mulk wrote: »
    My wife uses it every day, never any hassle getting parking(although she gets an early train).
    Pay in advance on parkbytext.ie €8 a week.

Hopefully the Phoenix Park tunnel will be open next year!

it has been suggested that even early trains (0730 or so) are pretty much standing room only

is this your wife's experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,861 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Riskymove wrote: »
    it has been suggested that even early trains (0730 or so) are pretty much standing room only

There are usually still seats (singles, not empty pairs or sets around tables obviously) by Confey or possibly at Clonsilla due to people changing to Dunboyne or Docklands trains. Beyond that, its standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Riskymove wrote: »

You might get a seat if your heading towards Dublin at that hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

She's usually on the 7:15 from Maynooth (7:20 at Louisa Bridge), no problem's getting a seat, although it gets busier this time of year.
    I'm not sure whether this train goes to Pearse

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

The Mulk wrote: »
    She's usually on the 7:15 from Maynooth (7:20 at Louisa Bridge), no problem's getting a seat, although it gets busier this time of year.
    I'm not sure whether this train goes to Pearse

Just to warn you that the train just before this one (leaves Maynooth at 6.58am) is full leaving Maynooth. It starts in Longford and is just 4 carriages long.

Advertisement