Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC I.D. Sensors

• 02-11-2015 12:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

I have all my windows done on one zone with the ID sensors. I have a positive, negative and data looped through each one. Problem is the kids keep leaving windows open so the alarm still sets. Can I upgrade these to reed sensors so I will know if one of the windows are open as the alarm won't set. I only have a 4 core looped through each sensor at the moment

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes, have those sensors got a zone and tamper input?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

As far ask can remember they just have positive, negative and data terminals on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭altor

Luckysasha wrote: »
    I have all my windows done on one zone with the ID sensors. I have a positive, negative and data looped through each one. Problem is the kids keep leaving windows open so the alarm still sets. Can I upgrade these to reed sensors so I will know if one of the windows are open as the alarm won't set. I only have a 4 core looped through each sensor at the moment

Yes you can, the cheaper option is just to wire a wired contact from the sensors input and tamper circuit.

altor wrote: »
    Yes you can, the cheaper option is just to wire a wired contact from the sensors input and tamper circuit.

So in effect I would still keep my ID sensor. Just wire a contact to near the opening frame and place the magnet on the moving frame.

So in effect I would still keep my ID sensor. Just wire a contact to near the opening frame and place the magnet on the moving frame.

That is correct.
    Just use a wired contact into the input terminals beside were you wired in the power and data. If there are a number of openings just wire them in series.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

As far ask can remember they just have positive, negative and data terminals on them.

There should be 4 other terminal connections. 2 for tamper & 2 for zone inputs.
    You can wire contacts directly into these & it will show up as the zone assigned to that point ID device.

Thanks for that .

Thanks for that .

Any other problems let us know.

Advertisement