Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Christmas watch list.

Options
  • 02-11-2015 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭

What movies and tv shows do you love to watch on the run up to Christmas? I like to break myself in gently toward the end of November with movies set at Christmas rather than movies about Christmas. So movies like Die Hard and almost anything by Shane Black, like The Long Kiss Goodnight, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Lethal Weapon even Iron Man 3 - that man loves Christmas. I try to watch old Christmas cartoons in the day with my son, I especially love Jim Henson's The Christmas Toy about Rugby the Tiger who thinks that because he was last years Santa present that he'll get to do it all again this year and Mickey Mouse's Christmas Carol starring Scrooge McDuck.

In the late afternoons I often visit my parents and try to stick True Christmas on. Most of the movies are actually pretty awful but they are perfect for knitting a Christmas jumper to. :D Then I like to work my way in to actual Christmas movies, with my son I put on Home Alone (though I was shocked last year by what awful parents poor Kevin really has), Santa Claus the Movie, etc. And when he's in bed I like Bad Santa, Scrooged and Joyeux Noel (about the WW1 Christmas Truce). I also usually have to scramble through the previous season of Doctor Who as I don't like it that much any more but like to be caught up for the Christmas special.

Advertisement