Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas boiler installer

• 02-11-2015 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for a recommendation.

We need to get our old boiler replaced and new one installed.

Have received two recommendations so far, but left messages on their phone with no call back.

A friend recently got a new boiler fitted. Was told he needed to use a bit of wood when installing only to find he cut out a piece from her hot press, without asking her. :eek: It has also been leaking. I'm resisting calling this person :-)

So, can anyone PM me a gas boiler fitter?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

I'd say call bord gais, they would have registered installers

Hi,

Looking for a recommendation.

We need to get our old boiler replaced and new one installed.

Have received two recommendations so far, but left messages on their phone with no call back.

A friend recently got a new boiler fitted. Was told he needed to use a bit of wood when installing only to find he cut out a piece from her hot press, without asking her. :eek: It has also been leaking. I'm resisting calling this person :-)

So, can anyone PM me a gas boiler fitter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

I agree. I have gone thru several boilers in different houses and discovered that their are a lot more cowboys out there then legit installers.

Best way to ensure good work is to hire a registered installer that gives a vat receipt. Or you have no comeback. You think they are not answering the phone now? Wait until you have an issue and see how they avoid your calls!

Also... installers install, repair men repair and never the twain shall meet. I found that the best installers never make good repairmen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Pm sent

Advertisement