Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

searching for half brother Dublin 1972!!

Options
  • 02-11-2015 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I am searching for my mother's birth son, I don't really know where to start...All I know is he was born in September 1972 in Dublin and my mother christened him Ian O'brien but was told that the adoptive family could change his name so I don't even know if that's his name now. I would love some advice on where to go from here as I would love to reach out to him but I live in England and don't really know how tracing someone works Ireland any advice/ help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

HI
    I would suggest you look at the traceing guides they can be found on Adoption Rights Alliance website.
    First you need to optain your brothers orignal birthcert which will give his date of birth, from there you can cross reference in the adoption books for a male born that date.
    Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

You should also register on the National Adoption Contact Preference Register in case your brother has also registered - give as many details as possible (his original name, date of birth if you know it, or just the month, your mums name/maiden name and age and address at the time). Who knows, he could be looking for her too.

Advertisement