Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

InfoSec Meet Ups - Dublin

• 02-11-2015 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Is there anywhere with a centralized list of talks, competitons or meet ups for InfoSec? Formal or informal, would be nice to meet some like minded people in Dublin.

Cheers!

Comments

Not that I'm aware of.

But you can sometimes find meet ups at https://www.eventbrite.ie/

Besides that you have OWASP chapter meetings, conferences and sometimes security companies organise their own meetings so it's a good idea to follow the companies of interest to you on twitter/linkedin.

Besides the above if somebody has a site/blog that might be relevant here I'd love to hear about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Thanks ni@ll. I've never heard of OWASP chapter meetings, I'll have to check that out.

As regards companies, are any particularly active in talks or presentations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

There are a few different groups that meet up every so often, OWASP as mentioned, Dublin2600, Tog, IISF, ISI, ISACA etc. IRISSCON is on in a few weeks too which is a a great place to start.

As for companies, admittedly I haven't been as active in meeting up as I probably should have been, but from what I've seen, the people attending are made up mostly of the Irish dedicated security or IT services companies (Integrity/Ward/BCC/Espion), the multinationals, the banks/insurers, the consultants (big 4/legal), comms/ISPs and the odd government/semi-state or lecturer/researcher.

Advertisement