Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

the way they handle customs etc. is shady as hell! one other quick question, my parcel arrived with an post in england yesterday morning, any point holding out for it being ready in the morning? sound!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Depp wrote: »
    the way they handle customs etc. is shady as hell! one other quick question, my parcel arrived with an post in england yesterday morning, any point holding out for it being ready in the morning? sound!

Unlikely- unless they had a cage just about ready to go- and even then- it enters the Irish sorting system either in Portlaoise or Dublin- so Tuesday is most likely.

Unlikely- unless they had a cage just about ready to go- and even then- it enters the Irish sorting system either in Portlaoise or Dublin- so Tuesday is most likely.

no sign of it yet anyway! looks like i may wait!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 334 ✭✭skywanderer

I ordered a parcel on Tuesday from eBay, it was delivered on Wednesday (Royal Mail signed for) to the Depot in St. Albans and I received it this morning in my local post office. I have been using it since they launched a few months ago and have received 13 deliveries so far to date with no glitch or issues.

I ordered a parcel on Tuesday from eBay, it was delivered on Wednesday (Royal Mail signed for) to the Depot in St. Albans and I received it this morning in my local post office. I have been using it since they launched a few months ago and have received 13 deliveries so far to date with no glitch or issues.

class enough! thats very quick! one question, is your local rural or urban by the way?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 334 ✭✭skywanderer

class enough! thats very quick! one question, is your local rural or urban by the way?

Rural post office but the guy running it is a sound fella who is familiar with AddressPal and the Internet etc. and we often compare what online deal we got this week. The village also has 100mb efibre broadband so the IT system in the post office would be well connected also and I always receive my text message and email before 9:30am as the parcel is scanned at the postoffice when the days post arrives for delivery.

Rural post office but the guy running it is a sound fella who is familiar with AddressPal and the Internet etc. and we often compare what online deal we got this week. The village also has 100mb efibre broadband so the IT system in the post office would be well connected also and I always receive my text message and email before 9:30am as the parcel is scanned at the postoffice when the days post arrives for delivery.

savage enough that could explain that so, when i asked before i set it up she looked at me like i'd two heads :D reckon itd be worth ringing to see if its there and the system hasnt updated yet?

also, any chance of it arriving at the post office on a saturday? sorry for all the questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Depp wrote:
    also, any chance of it arriving at the post office on a saturday? sorry for all the questions!

No chance. No deliveries on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lucy1

I have used addresspal three times and thrilled with it. You can get large parcels delivered to your PO for €3.50 and I always pick companies with free UK delivery so win big time. Really helpful and great follow up if you have a problem. Highly recommend it

• Advertisement

gerard2210 wrote: »
    No chance. No deliveries on Saturday.

Cheers! roll on tuesday so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

savage enough that could explain that so, when i asked before i set it up she looked at me like i'd two heads :D reckon itd be worth ringing to see if its there and the system hasnt updated yet?
    Nothing to do with how fast the Internet is in the area.
    When the parcel comes in, the PO key in the code on the parcel and that triggers an email/text to the customer.
    Only way it would be there and no text is if the postmaster didn't key in the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Shelflife wrote: »
    Nothing to do with how fast the Internet is in the area.
    When the parcel comes in, the PO key in the code on the parcel and that triggers an email/text to the customer.
    Only way it would be there and no text is if the postmaster didn't key in the code.

Has been known to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭sennah

Can anyone advise how they typed the convoluted AddressPal address into Amazon? I've had Amazon trim shorter addresses before so I'm a little stumped with this one

I've it entered as below at the moment. Might this work?

Works fine for me in that format- with the exception- no 'Herts' in the post code- as this screws up automated sorting.

Works fine for me in that format- with the exception- no 'Herts' in the post code- as this screws up automated sorting.

Thanks. Their system did reject 'Herts' in the postcode fields so I entered it as below. Hopefully the full address comes out alright on the label

They really need to shorten the ID numbers. A 5 digit alpha-numeric ID would allow more than enough combinations. They could use these new ID's for future users and post out new shortened ID's to existing users. 5 digits would allow it to be popped in next to 'Air Business xxxxx' or to the end of the user's Last Name

sennah wrote: »
    Can anyone advise how they typed the convoluted AddressPal address into Amazon? I've had Amazon trim shorter addresses before so I'm a little stumped with this one

I've it entered as below at the moment. Might this work?

Hi sennah.
    This is how I do it.
    Everything in on the correct line & its works every time.

Address line 1: AP 55555555555 Air Business.
    Address Line 2: Unit 5 The Merlin Centre. Acrewood Way.
    Town / City: St Albans.
    County: Herts.
    Postcode: AL4OJY

amdaley28 wrote: »
    Hi sennah.
    This is how I do it.

Thanks amdaley

I have already ordered using the layout in my last post so I'll see how I get on with it. I'm conscious of leaving any field overly long where it might get trimmed when the label is printed

Other than the cumbersome address, it looks like a good service so hopefully it goes well. I've been using DPD Parcel Wizard exclusively this past few months but as An Post offer a UK Mainland address... they've got this order (I won't say what's in the parcel :))

sennah wrote: »
    amdaley28 wrote: »
    Hi sennah.
    This is how I do it.

Thanks amdaley

I have already ordered using the layout in my last post so I'll see how I get on with it. I'm conscious of leaving any field overly long where it might get trimmed when the label is printed

Other than the cumbersome address, it looks like a good service so hopefully it goes well. I've been using DPD Parcel Wizard exclusively this past few months but as An Post offer a UK Mainland address... they've got this order (I won't say what's in the parcel :))

I've used the service three or four times now & never had a problem so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭brianeoc

I've used Addresspal three times now, Once after ordering a 100ml bottle of perfume and all arrived perfectly.

I used Amazon for two of these orders (which included the perfume order) and the address was perfect on the labels.

I had used Humax for another order and they had left out my addresspal line. I had to get onto the Addresspal support and they were very efficient in dealing with my query. The Humax order may have taken longer to get to me if I hadn't noticed that they had forgotten my Addresspal number.

All in all, very happy with the service. Just double check that your delivery details after you order the goods have the addresspal number in it.

• Advertisement

Received my first package today with AddressPal

My concerns about how to enter the full address on Amazon were unwarranted as they correctly wrap lengthy address lines down onto the next line anyways. Furthermore, while they printed the AP ID on the line beneath my name, as I had entered it, they also re-printed the ID in very large print below the address block. I wonder are Amazon aware of AddressPal, detecting the ID in the address and then re-printing it in large block for An Posts scanners?

First impressions of the service are good. My order left Amazon Monday morning, was delivered to An Post's UK hub an hour or so later and was in my rural Post Office this morning... which isn't too bad considering there's a stop-over in the UK hub. I got the email and the SMS to collect the item, called in, produced my driver's licence, paid the €3.50 and out the door. It did take the girl at the counter a minute or two to process it, not because she was unfamiliar with the procedures but there does seem to be a number of steps required on their end to log the collection

However, other than the benefit of a UK Mainland address, I can't see myself making much use of the service. It's €3.50 for a skitter of a parcel which you have to collect yourself, during working hours and with an ID to hand. Their overage charge is so ridiculously steep too that I would sooner not use the service than be bothered trying to figure out if I'm within the limits. I'll be sticking with DPD Parcel Wizard for now. €3.85 delivered to your door or a door of your choosing, tracking throughout the journey and a more generous weight/size limit which they don't seem to enforce anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Spocker wrote: »
    "Hello, this is AddressPal - we have a lot of parcels from Amazon here, addressed to Spocker. As we have a lot of Spockers signed up, we're calling each of them in turn, to see who the parcels actually belong to ..." :rolleyes:
    I have a distinct surname, I was thinking if it was Murphy it would be an idea to change it to say Murph for these virtual address sites.

I am astonished that an post did not learn from parcel motel, neither did parcel wizard. All giving unneccessarily long addresses which were bound to cause trouble. And all these companies are in the business of dealing with addresses and know fine well how people would tend to omit things.

Parcel motel and addresspal are both 7 line addresses, rare to see that many lines on online forums. Parcel wizard have 8 lines, madness, or 9 lines if you were ordering and wanting to put in "northern ireland".

And an post have 14 characters in their ID code, its like they want people to mess up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

rubadub wrote: »
    I have a distinct surname, I was thinking if it was Murphy it would be an idea to change it to say Murph for these virtual address sites.

I am astonished that an post did not learn from parcel motel, neither did parcel wizard. All giving unneccessarily long addresses which were bound to cause trouble. And all these companies are in the business of dealing with addresses and know fine well how people would tend to omit things.

Parcel motel and addresspal are both 7 line addresses, rare to see that many lines on online forums. Parcel wizard have 8 lines, madness, or 9 lines if you were ordering and wanting to put in "northern ireland".

And an post have 14 characters in their ID code, its like they want people to mess up.

If the number is not on the parcel none of the companies chase it up
    I've had it happen with all three companies,motel is he worst one they just left it there for a week even though I told them in advance asda don't put the pm number.
    Most companies use the full address no problem, I've had a few eBay sellers asking what it was about and once I explained they said no problem and added it

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

I used AddressPal for the 1st time 2 weeks ago.
    My item hasn't arrived yet. Contacted ebay seller just to confirm and he told me he sent the item the next day after i payed for it.

Contacted AnPost Costumer Support for AddressPal (the contact number comes in the back of the card) their answer was to ask for the tracking number if there was any.

Called them again after talking with the seller and their answer was:

"if it doesn't have a tracking number there is nothing we can do about it. Fill in the form M58 and wait for an answer".

The person who 1st picked up my call told me they would see what they could do without the tracking number. This one just tell me there is nothing that can be done.

Did anything like this happened with any of you?
    How did it got solved?

The problem is that before knowing that an item was lost, i already bought 3 games and now i'm afraid they will get lost in the void called An Post, too. =/

Hesthea- providing the AP code was used and prominent in the address field- there is absolutely no reason that any of the items would be missing/lost.

I've used AddressPal over 20 times at this stage- and aside from unusual delays- which have been up to 12 days for one item- everything has turned up.

I always send a message to the sellers to use the full AP code and to be sure that it is correct.

An post costumer support didn't even ask me for the AP number to see if they have my item lost somewhere or not. They simply say that if its not tracked its not possible to look for it.

I thought that the AP was also a way for them to be able to identify the item location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Hesthea wrote: »
    I used AddressPal for the 1st time 2 weeks ago.
    My item hasn't arrived yet. Contacted ebay seller just to confirm and he told me he sent the item the next day after i payed for it.

Contacted AnPost Costumer Support for AddressPal (the contact number comes in the back of the card) their answer was to ask for the tracking number if there was any.

Called them again after talking with the seller and their answer was:

"if it doesn't have a tracking number there is nothing we can do about it. Fill in the form M58 and wait for an answer".

The person who 1st picked up my call told me they would see what they could do without the tracking number. This one just tell me there is nothing that can be done.

Did anything like this happened with any of you?
    How did it got solved?

The problem is that before knowing that an item was lost, i already bought 3 games and now i'm afraid they will get lost in the void called An Post, too. =/

You should ask for a tracking number and if the seller can't provide it then open a dispute for item not received, some sellers on eBay actually don't send the item or use cheap post with no tracking

Doubt it's the fault of an post
    To be fair they have always been a1 with me customer service wise

If the seller can't provide a tracking number you will get a refund

Doubt it's the fault of an post
    To be fair they have always been a1 with me customer service wise

+1

I've used the service fully 22 times now (there is a girl and myself in Lucan who are almost monopolising the service according to the postmaster there!)- and never lost an item.

I have had cause to ring Customer Service a few times- and they've been nothing but helpful in the extreme.

I honestly would doubt any missing items are the cause of actions or inactions by An Post........

Hi, everyone!

Just to inform you all that finally my AddressPal items are arriving.
    Yesterday, i received the message for the 1st one and today 1 more. It seems that the 1st item took a bit longer to arrive than it was supposed (2 weeks). Got the message to pick up the 2nd one after 5 days only.

Thank you all for answering my doubts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If the number is not on the parcel none of the companies chase it up

I've had the opposite, PM have called me to confirm something should be headed my way.

Advertisement