Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

whiterebel wrote: »
    The option is gone I would say. Just had a look at my account and it is only offering home delivery. It is taking so long to deliver at the moment there is probably no point in offering it before Christmas.

Balls. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

whiterebel wrote: »
    The option is gone I would say. Just had a look at my account and it is only offering home delivery. It is taking so long to deliver at the moment there is probably no point in offering it before Christmas.

My addresspal account has still the post office collection/AP address option available,but stating in red that its discontinued from Jan 21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Think I read somewhere, you'll get an email when your parcel is received and you can choose home or collection from PO then.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Maybe a lot of people are like me. I am thinking ahead & ordering stuff for next year.

I won't use any forwarder, after Brexit, until I know exactly how much it will cost.

AddressPal inundated & still running radio adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭jelutong

I usually get some Amazon.uk gift vouchers at Christmas. Time to drop a few hints about getting them for Amazon.es for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Spocker wrote: »
    It won't be just AddressPal though, all the couriers will be doing it, especially Parcel Motel/Wizard. More like "goodnight shopping in the UK".

Just have to buy from europe instead, no charges then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

jelutong wrote: »
    I usually get some Amazon.uk gift vouchers at Christmas. Time to drop a few hints about getting them for Amazon.es for example.

There is an english language version of amazon.de. I have bought from it before.

Other than that, a lot of amazon products aren't sourced from the uk so not sure how amazon will be affected. Seen no info about it from them either

Just have to buy from europe instead, no charges then

Except higher delivery charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Thinking of ordering a tablet from the UK, valued around 150 euro. Would they be reliable enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

There is an english language version of amazon.de. I have bought from it before.

Other than that, a lot of amazon products aren't sourced from the uk so not sure how amazon will be affected. Seen no info about it from them either

I'm guessing everyone would switch to Amazon.de if they could get free delivery to Ireland That's the crucial question ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭the hedgeman

recipio wrote: »
    I'm guessing everyone would switch to Amazon.de if they could get free delivery to Ireland That's the crucial question ?

What would stop Amazon UK continuing free delivery to Ireland in 2021,the extra cost will be to Irish customers if they have to use the likes of address pal for goods from UK,you'd think amazon UK should be able to add the extra customs charge on their side to your order cost when ordering online and still continue free delivery if applicable.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thinking of ordering a tablet from the UK, valued around 150 euro. Would they be reliable enough?

Lithium batteries are on their prohibited list. Better with PW or PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

recipio wrote: »

It's not as simple as just switching to Amazon.de. A lot of Amazon's stock, particularly of which Irish people would be inclined to buy, is held in the UK. There will not be same selection on Amazon.de or the other European Amazons. That applies to customers in mainland Europe also after Brexit, although they're not likely to be affected as much.

You won't be likely to get many British brands on Amazon.de. If you're a fan of Dr Oetker or Lindt you won't have a problem. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Has anyone ever had a parcel refused for delivery with addresspal for containing liquids even though the parcel does not contain liquid?

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Joekers wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had a parcel refused for delivery with addresspal for containing liquids even though the parcel does not contain liquid?

This person did - they ordered a machine (only) from a company that sells alcohol https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115345657&postcount=67

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

VG31 wrote: »
    It's not as simple as just switching to Amazon.de. A lot of Amazon's stock, particularly of which Irish people would be inclined to buy, is held in the UK. There will not be same selection on Amazon.de or the other European Amazons. That applies to customers in mainland Europe also after Brexit, although they're not likely to be affected as much.

You won't be likely to get many British brands on Amazon.de. If you're a fan of Dr Oetker or Lindt you won't have a problem. ;)

I agree. Amazon.uk are incredibly useful for millions of items not found in Irish shops. I read that a customs charge will be applied on mail order goods. Does that apply to goods under 150 euro ? And what about reports last year that Amazon were looking for warehouse facilities in Ireland ? I don't think they are going to sit back and see their Irish customer base fade away.:rolleyes:

Joekers wrote: »

I have received several packages containing liquids with no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 38,349 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Signed up to Addresspal but what way does it work for Amazon

Whats the Post code
    Whats the Town
    Whats the County

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭bassy

PTH2009 wrote: »

Whats the Post code
    Whats the Town
    Whats the County

the address on addresspal is the one you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭bassy

Whats the Post code
    Whats the Town
    Whats the County

your name
    AP number
    AddressPal
    The Beacon
    Mosquito Way
    Hatfield
    AL10 9WN

• Advertisement

Whats the Post code
    Whats the Town
    Whats the County

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/how-it-works

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Whats the Post code - AL10 9WN
    Whats the Town - Hatfield
    Whats the County - Hertfordshire (Herts)

bassy wrote: »
    your name
    AP number
    AddressPal
    The Beacon
    Mosquito Way
    Hatfield
    AL10 9WN

Regarding Amazon

Is the 'Al10 PWN' the post code

What goes in Address line 1(Company Name)
    Town City
    County

Sorry for all the questions just bloody lost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Regarding Amazon

Is the 'Al10 PWN' the post code

What goes in Address line 1(Company Name)
    Town City
    County

Sorry for all the questions just bloody lost

Yes, AL10 is the postcode

Line 1 - put addresspal - if you run out of space that is not most important get the full address and postcode - it'll get the parcel delivered - probably when you put postcode in Amazon will auto fill the address anyhow.

Put you address pal number (APWxxx) after your surname, best way to ensure it gets onto the label I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

Your address pal number
    address pal

Thebiglad above gave a detailed answer to the rest.

Some one else posted the full address.

Hope you get sorted

So the amazon address will read

Name- Joe Bloggs (Put the APW number here ?)
    Post Code- AL10 xxxx
    Address line 1- addresspal
    Town- Hatfield

Strange one. I signed up for addresspal last week and saw that parcel lockers were no longer available for UK deliveries, so I logged out after 5 minutes and haven't logged in since.

I just got a text that seems to come from 'AddressPal' that says:

"Hi AddressPal USA received a parcel for firstname lastname without APW. If expecting an item, email APW, invoice & tracking to addresspalsupport@anpost.ie".

The only thing I can think of is that someone with the same name ordered? Does that happen?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Strange one. I signed up for addresspal last week and saw that parcel lockers were no longer available for UK deliveries, so I logged out after 5 minutes and haven't logged in since.

"Hi AddressPal USA received a parcel for firstname lastname without APW. If expecting an item, email APW, invoice & tracking to addresspalsupport@anpost.ie".

The only thing I can think of is that someone with the same name ordered? Does that happen?

Yes it does. They check with people with the same names.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭seekers

Yes, this happens a bit. If it was you. (Which in this case it isn't) they ask you to send evidence of an order by email. It happened me one time when I had a few offers in with different people but it got sorted

• Advertisement

Thanks !

Advertisement