Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paulie1983

I've no invoice for an item the paypal receipt i got for the item is no good because it doesn't list every item in the package, its a model in many pieces.

I show them where I bought it from they won't entertain it. Apparently Item cannot be returned to seller.

I refuse to pay a grossly over estimated fees but I might loose money i already spent

No problem paying what i owe but guessing prices ingoring actually prices Its a rip off money racket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

AddressPal (Polar Express) declare the value.

Customs can either choose to accept that value or reject it and give their own value to apply customs on.

Given that An Post collect for customs, they'll always accept the AddressPal value.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭DessieJames

Never using address pal again, you'll be left waiting forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Never using address pal again, you'll be left waiting forever.

What are the alternatives?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

TimHorton wrote: »
    What are the alternatives?

E-Bay global logistics services?

Unfortunately, the implications of being a little island in the North Atlantic, are coming home to roost for consumers..........

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, the implications of being a little island in the North Atlantic, are coming home to roost for consumers..........

Is that only for Ebay Purchases?

TimHorton wrote: »
    Is that only for Ebay Purchases?

Yes- but you can use any courier you like- SHL, DHL, Fedex etc etc
    They're pricey- but if its a high value good, it might be worth your while.

For now- other than Amazon who ship their own items, we're left high and dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Surely worse for the sellers?

blade1 wrote: »
    Surely worse for the sellers?

Depends.
    Most UK sellers don't care about Ireland and excluding Irish purchasers- we're insignificant in the grand scale of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭dazzday

I'm looking at purchasing an item off a forum in the USA and getting in shipped here via addresspal.

Obviously I'd like the item to have the correct declared value as I'm buying a second hand item for alot less then new.
    Is there a customs for the seller could fill out and attach to the parcel from the US side to avoid An post working out the customs themselves?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They need to put an invoice in the box. One on the outside too, if possible. No guarantee theyll use it, though

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

dazzday wrote: »
    I'm looking at purchasing an item off a forum in the USA and getting in shipped here via addresspal.

Obviously I'd like the item to have the correct declared value as I'm buying a second hand item for alot less then new.
    Is there a customs for the seller could fill out and attach to the parcel from the US side to avoid An post working out the customs themselves?

My sister tried this recently (adding a CN22 Customs form on a USPS delivery to AddressPal) and she was told not to add it, as it was internal to the US, so we has to settle for an invoice in the box, knowing that it would be opened

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Just another update on the service.

Have had something in Heathrow Hub since 11th February. Just sitting there. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

Absolutely crap service. I just feel despair using it. I'm sure some cheerleader will be along shortly to say how wonderful it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭wozniattack

Just another update on the service.

Have had something in Heathrow Hub since 11th February. Just sitting there. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

Absolutely crap service. I just feel despair using it. I'm sure some cheerleader will be along shortly to say how wonderful it is!

It's crazy how the delays have gotten. Even with normal An Post; and I find it bizarre that they use Heathrow to and from as well.

Sent a package with An Post, and it was stuck in heathrow for ages, and it was an EU bound item.

I've got stuff stuck in there with Addresspal as well now. Just hope it's safe for us..

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Billy Bloodshot

Hello,
    I just thought I'd add this to the discussion as my first post.

I have 9 Addresspal parcels sitting (presumably, last scans were on Feb. 12) in the Dublin hub, each containing books only, all with customs charges slapped on them, which I of course refused to pay. They have the earliest one since Jan.11 and the last one since Feb.1. As we all know, books are zero vat rated but that doesn't seem to deter whoever it is working out these charges, and there seems to be a question mark over who that actually is.

I talked to someone out of revenue some time ago and they were of little help and put the blame for all this customs nonsense 100% at the door of An Post. It would seem that An Post are not just collection agents any more but are decided what the charges are as well. Whether this is just for Addresspal items or not I'm not sure. You can't get a clear picture from anyone but what is clear is that An Post isn't up to the task and we're all the victims of their ineptitude.

The only solution offered is an email to to the infamous eCommChargeQuery address and wait. And wait...
    The only response I got from them was the following (Jan. 29):

"Good Morning,

We are experiencing delays with our enquires due to revised working arrangements as a result of Covid 19 and Social Distancing requirements set out by the HSC guidelines.

The 16-day return timeline is not applicable while your item is being held for revaluation. The enquiry below is being processed and a reply will be forwarded to you in due course.

We appreciate your patience at this time.

Kind regards

Joe Cleary

E-Comm-Charge Query Team."

Some of my books were shipped early November. Will I ever see them? Parcels are kicked about at the best of times, what condition are they in right now? Will An Post decide at some point just to get rid of stuff, and that doesn't mean you'll be getting it?

Obviously, don't hold your breath for answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Athasselabbey

Had anyone had any luck with that ecommchargequery@anpost.ie? I emailed over a month ago and still getting the, scripted, run around responses, so sick of it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,026 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

So it's not just me, I ordered a load of stuff from amazon for daughters Birthday and it's just sitting at Heathrow. Customer service is useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭wozniattack

niallo27 wrote: »
    So it's not just me, I ordered a load of stuff from amazon for daughters Birthday and it's just sitting at Heathrow. Customer service is useless.

Heathrow is a pit. Even when I sent something with An Post to Romania, it was stuck in Heathrow for ages.

Currently waiting on stuff with Addpal in Heathrow as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Most of my orders I was charged vat a second time in addition to An post fees plus addresspal fee. So I won't be using the service anymore. Thought with a brexit deal all this wasnt going to be an issue. How wrong I was. A Viking direct order usually arrived in two-three days. Took 4 weeks and the box was torn to shreds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Most of my orders I was charged vat a second time in addition to An post fees plus addresspal fee. So I won't be using the service anymore. Thought with a brexit deal all this wasnt going to be an issue. How wrong I was. A Viking direct order usually arrived in two-three days. Took 4 weeks and the box was torn to shreds.

Wait, are Viking orders getting hit with VAT? Thought they had an Irish arm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Had anyone had any luck with that ecommchargequery@anpost.ie? I emailed over a month ago and still getting the, scripted, run around responses, so sick of it

No. I emailed them and am still waiting for a reply. The best option is to ring the number for An Post queries and hit button 5. That should get you on to an Addresspal rep. An Post are a branch of the State and Addresspal should not be run in such an incompetent way. Bring on the new Amazon service from Baldoyle although I wonder how revenue will react to a major drop in vat and customs revenue :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paulie1983

Everyday for t he past week with the same thing over and over "We need a detailed Invoice" and I am like "I don't have one"

I've told them return to sender as I cant be dealing with this nonsense anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭bassy

Mod - snip. You’ve already asked, and its been answered on another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 agzr

Addresspal UK package sitting in D12 hub since last saturday. Strange. The customs value was right at £25, but never got an email/text to pay any customs charges either. Don't know whether to chase it up or leave it and just see if the package turns up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

What's the average time from leaving New Jersey to delivery at the moment? Had a parcel leave NJ on the 11th but no update since.

aaronm13 wrote: »
    What's the average time from leaving New Jersey to delivery at the moment? Had a parcel leave NJ on the 11th but no update since.

Mine left on the 8th and no update since then!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

So got email from addresspal on the 9th February saying an item had arrived and would be delivered in 3 days and I was charged. No important fees or anything to charged all done on check out .
    The €6.50 was taken and I was given my tracking number but the number has never worked all it days is that they are awaiting info about my order.
    I have received two other addresspal orders in the mean time ordered after this item.
    Amy idea how or where I might check to see where my order actually is .

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭muinteoir09

Got the email to say my parcel was processed last Monday. Money taken from my account. Tracking had it "left our handling partner" last Monday afternoon. The tracking info hadn't changed all week, until this morning - now there is no tracking information available?!

Is this normal?

Got the email to say my parcel was processed last Monday. Money taken from my account. Tracking had it "left our handling partner" last Monday afternoon. The tracking info hadn't changed all week, until this morning - now there is no tracking information available?!

Is this normal?

Looks like the Tracking system is down full stop. Nothing Tracking for me, Addresspal or Amazon etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Just an FYI . Its a computer system error so all parcels were in limbo. They hope to resolve today so everything should be moving in a few days.

Or in Address Pal time, maybe 6 weeks.

Advertisement